Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shockingly, I think I actually like Kimbo Slice

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
snd_dsgnr

Shockingly, I think I actually like Kimbo Slice Empty
PostSubject: Shockingly, I think I actually like Kimbo Slice   Shockingly, I think I actually like Kimbo Slice EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 8:00 am

The hype around the guy when he was in EliteXC was absurd. It was incredibly frustrating that he was getting the mainstream media attention that the true greats in the sport could never hope to get. It was mind-boggingly stupid to see those exact same media types cast the sport as a joke when Kimbo lost, even though every single fan of the sport had been screaming from the start that he was all flash and no substance.

That said, TUF has cast Kimbo the person in a new light for me. The guy is remarkably self-aware. He knows his limitations and seems to genuinely want to take the opportunity to learn as much as he can. He strikes me as someone that knows exactly what he is, a fighter who's name outpaced his actual abilities, and wants to change that.

I think he got into the game too late to really learn all he needs to, but if you ask me there's a lot to respect about the way he's carried himself.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Shockingly, I think I actually like Kimbo Slice   Shockingly, I think I actually like Kimbo Slice EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 8:37 am

Kimbo is an alright dude. Even in EliteXC, but it's not like UFC has treated him like the unproven crackhead smasher he is. On the premiere 15 guys lined up, nameless maggots. Even the former IFL HW champ was nameless in a heap of young up and comers, journeymen, and guys who have never fought professionaly. Dana White gave Kimbo this grand entrance like he was somebody special. "OK, there is 15 of you lined up, there is still one guy who is not, one guy that does not have to stand with the rest of you schmos, a guy who gets the grand entrance...a guy that does matter" Ad's and everything, it's all about Kimbo.

Don't get me wrong, i understand selling a product. I just don't understand how Kimbo is still THE product. That hype train should have been derailed when the Silverback humbled him infront of a national audience over a year ago. So, i still see there is unwarranted hype there and i gots to be that types of mothafucka G...i want to see that bullshit hype, and the bum fights king smashed once and for all. I don't have a problem with hype where it's warranted, but this hype is just no good to me and the sooner it's smashed, the better because no way in hell Kimbo ever lives up to it.

The guy is not the underdog here. They built this whole show around him when it's more than likely he is not even one of top 5 guys on the show. Just like in EliteXC, it's not Kimbo the man who bothers me....it's hype, sadly, just the hype.

If he wins, congrats...but it's a joke that UFC will sign him even when he loses.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Shockingly, I think I actually like Kimbo Slice   Shockingly, I think I actually like Kimbo Slice EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 9:06 am

Well said King
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Shockingly, I think I actually like Kimbo Slice   Shockingly, I think I actually like Kimbo Slice EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 11:17 am

not reading any of that, but ive said it time and time again

this

how

a

nigga

eat
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Shockingly, I think I actually like Kimbo Slice   Shockingly, I think I actually like Kimbo Slice EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 11:26 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
not reading any of that, but ive said it time and time again

this

how

a

nigga

eat

Well, it is at least somewhat similar to how a negro consumes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shockingly, I think I actually like Kimbo Slice   Shockingly, I think I actually like Kimbo Slice Empty

Back to top Go down

Shockingly, I think I actually like Kimbo Slice
Page 1 of 1