Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

KIMBO SLICE

Go down 
+4
JerseyStyle
CainVelasquezFan
Wolfgangsta
EliteAcidBurn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

KIMBO SLICE Empty
PostSubject: KIMBO SLICE   KIMBO SLICE EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:41 pm

OK OK OK I HATE TO ADMIT THIS, BEING ONE OF THE BIGGER KIMBO HATERS OUT THERE....BUT RECENTLY I HAVE TO GIVE HIM SOME CREDIT, I HAVE SEEN SOME INTERVIEWS HE HAS DONE AND AFTERWATCHING HIM ON MMA LIVE, I HAVE TO ADMIT I THINK MY ATTITUDE IS STARTING TO CHANGE ON HIM A BIT.I THINK HE STILL HAS ALOT TO TO PROVE, BUT MAYBE IS IS NOT SUCH A PUNK AFTERALL..

I DONT HAVE A STYLE....I FIGHT....CLASIIC LINE
Back to top Go down

KIMBO SLICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE   KIMBO SLICE EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:44 pm

Got to give him credit for doing TUF at least he's willing to improve his game and work hard for a UFC spot.
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

KIMBO SLICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE   KIMBO SLICE EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:51 pm

yea i have to admit that he is not acting like as much of a punk as i thought he would. Seems to be adiment about being the best he can. I still think he either deleivers a sweet knockout or he is the victim of one. But either way should be entertaining
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

KIMBO SLICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE   KIMBO SLICE EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:07 pm

Ya I agree with Doc Powers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

KIMBO SLICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE   KIMBO SLICE EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:57 am

alota kimbo love... does not hating him as much as i did 3 months ago or 6 mothns ago count as showing love?
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

KIMBO SLICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE   KIMBO SLICE EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:23 am

Quote :
Got to give him credit for doing TUF

LMAO like he had a choice. What else was he going to do go back to UTube? If he wanted a payday he had to do TUF.

Maybe I'm the only one left that hopes the rumor is true and he got KTFO.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

KIMBO SLICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE   KIMBO SLICE EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:02 pm

What else was he supposed to do? Main event for Sengoku, Dream, Strikeforce or whatever else smaller card he wanted, and do movies and rap videos the rest of his life while collecting Tapout shirt checks.

Kimbo wants to be a fighter. Give him credit.

This

how

a

nigga

eat
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
TheOutlawWFC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Tito Ortiz, Rampage Jackson, BJ Penn, Cheick Kongo

KIMBO SLICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE   KIMBO SLICE EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:23 pm

Ill give it to him, he has changed my mind of him completely. He is still far and away from being a good fighter, but you cant get there without putting in the work, which is something he seems like he is trying to do. I still think he gets put out early, but he has changed my view of him, and I can actually say I cant wait to see him fight.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

KIMBO SLICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE   KIMBO SLICE EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:44 pm

He's nothing more then tomorrows Tank Abbott IMHO. Either he will knock you out or get knocked out. When Thompson got him on his back he looked like a fish out of water , maybe even as bad as a turtle on his back.

I just do not see any skill from him other then a punchers chance. I'm not saying he is a bad guy , but all these props for him doing TUF has to stop. He had no other choice if he wanted to make money.
Back to top Go down
TheOutlawWFC

KIMBO SLICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE   KIMBO SLICE EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:06 pm

JerseyStyle wrote:
He's nothing more then tomorrows Tank Abbott IMHO. Either he will knock you out or get knocked out. When Thompson got him on his back he looked like a fish out of water , maybe even as bad as a turtle on his back.

I just do not see any skill from him other then a punchers chance. I'm not saying he is a bad guy , but all these props for him doing TUF has to stop. He had no other choice if he wanted to make money.

Thats not the truth at all. Kimbo expolored the option of becoming a pro boxer, and the way that heavyweight division is now, he could be a huge draw, in a sport where a punchers chance can sometimes go a lot further than an MMA fight. Maybe in the sport off MMA he didnt have any other option but he could have went to boxing (a sport that would be a much easier transition for him) but he WANTS to fight in mixed martial arts. It wont be the easiest thing for him, but hes trying to become a better fighter, give the man props, hes trying something that everyone in the world would like to do, but only a small percent have the guts to actually accomplish.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

KIMBO SLICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE   KIMBO SLICE EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:48 pm

TheOutlawWFC wrote:
JerseyStyle wrote:

Thats not the truth at all. Kimbo expolored the option of becoming a pro boxer, and the way that heavyweight division is now, he could be a huge draw, in a sport where a punchers chance can sometimes go a lot further than an MMA fight. Maybe in the sport off MMA he didnt have any other option but he could have went to boxing (a sport that would be a much easier transition for him) but he WANTS to fight in mixed martial arts. It wont be the easiest thing for him, but hes trying to become a better fighter, give the man props, hes trying something that everyone in the world would like to do, but only a small percent have the guts to actually accomplish.

Kimbo as a boxer is almost as big a joke as him as an MMAer. People think because he can punch with power that he can box. News flash, boxing actually takes skill other than throwing haymakers. And this guys conditioning doesn't exactly make him a viable threat in any fight beyond the second round (MMA or boxing). Let's not forget that he's in his mid 30's... He had no choice but to try and stick it out in MMA and if the rumors are true about his time on TUF, he's either going to have to hope that Dana has a huge soft spot or he's going to have to look towards SF, Japan or some backwwods org.
Back to top Go down
TheOutlawWFC

KIMBO SLICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE   KIMBO SLICE EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:57 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
TheOutlawWFC wrote:
JerseyStyle wrote:

Kimbo as a boxer is almost as big a joke as him as an MMAer. People think because he can punch with power that he can box. News flash, boxing actually takes skill other than throwing haymakers. And this guys conditioning doesn't exactly make him a viable threat in any fight beyond the second round (MMA or boxing). Let's not forget that he's in his mid 30's... He had no choice but to try and stick it out in MMA and if the rumors are true about his time on TUF, he's either going to have to hope that Dana has a huge soft spot or he's going to have to look towards SF, Japan or some backwwods org.

I agree, he wouldnt have had a shot as a boxer, and thats not what I was saying, what I was getting at is, that he could have gone that route, and he has a much better shot using his "punchers chance" in a combat sport that will always be on there feet, where a punchers chance comes into play. Unlike MMA he could always be a threat because they will always be on their feet. NOT that he would be a good boxer or have any real success but to say his only option was Tuf is ridiculous. I agree with everything you said, but that was not the point I was getting across bringing up boxing.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

KIMBO SLICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE   KIMBO SLICE EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:36 pm

Outlaw in one spot you say

Quote :
I agree, he wouldnt have had a shot as a boxer

Then the next you say

Quote :
NOT that he would be a good boxer or have any real success

and finish it up with

Quote :
but to say his only option was Tuf is ridiculous

If he would SUCK that bad at boxing then that would leave ........................... TUF as his only option.

Don't take my post to heart I just do not like Kimbo even a little bit. He will draw in new fans but for all the wrong reasons. You could be 100% right I just dont like him.
Back to top Go down
TheOutlawWFC

KIMBO SLICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE   KIMBO SLICE EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:40 pm

JerseyStyle wrote:
Outlaw in one spot you say

Quote :
I agree, he wouldnt have had a shot as a boxer

Then the next you say

Quote :
NOT that he would be a good boxer or have any real success

and finish it up with

Quote :
but to say his only option was Tuf is ridiculous

If he would SUCK that bad at boxing then that would leave ........................... TUF as his only option.

Don't take my post to heart I just do not like Kimbo even a little bit. He will draw in new fans but for all the wrong reasons. You could be 100% right I just dont like him.

Just because I dont think he will be successful doesnt mean he cant be. It wasnt his only option because he never tried boxing. It was still a very real possiblity weather or not I believe he could make it. I dont think he would have success, but then again, who am I to really evaluate a persons chance in boxing/mma. I just think there were other things he could have done, like boxing. My opinion on his success has nothing to do with that point.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

KIMBO SLICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE   KIMBO SLICE EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 8:30 pm

i never had any personal hatred towards him personally, just they way he was marketed as a top fighter even though he has never proved anything in the Cage other than that he is a street brawler with a paper chin. But i did find myself rooting for him in most of his previous matches just because i think he is a likeable guy. IMO Kimbo's personality > Brocks meatheadedness... if thats a word?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

KIMBO SLICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE   KIMBO SLICE EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 12:10 pm

I've always liked Kimbo. Guy has an interesting story. And has never acted like a prick. His fame was due to his own actions(and the actions of guys who videotaped it.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

KIMBO SLICE Empty
PostSubject: Re: KIMBO SLICE   KIMBO SLICE Empty

Back to top Go down

KIMBO SLICE
Page 1 of 1