Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today

Go down 
+8
timthebim
captain organic
CainVelasquezFan
LTFG
Ninja
Wolfgangsta
OU
NoRegret
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today Empty
PostSubject: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:00 pm

he was on ESPN First Take, being interviewed.

They asked him if he could beat Brock Lesnar and his response was something along the lines of "if it was standing yeah...but his wrestling background and the fact that he has 80 lbs on me would be the reason i'd lose" (bar with me I cant remember word for word).

Kimbo needs to shut his mouth, he wouldnt last more than a minute trying to stand with Brock.

I am in no ways a supporter of Brock, He's a talented fighter, his standup isnt that great yet, but it'd still be enough to smash Kimbo.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:19 pm

I disagree, I think it was a fair comment. Kimbo atleast appears to have a weaker chin but the skills on the feet are probably better then Brock's.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:46 pm

OMG KIMBO SAID HE'D HAVE A CHANCE STANDING WHAT A NIGGER PIECE OF SHIT HE NEEDS TO SHUT HIS MOUTH.

This is a super stupid thread. If anything we should be disappointed he didn't say "Ya i think Id beat him id fight him tonight if i could".
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:00 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
OMG KIMBO SAID HE'D HAVE A CHANCE STANDING WHAT A NIGGER PIECE OF SHIT HE NEEDS TO SHUT HIS MOUTH.

This is a super stupid thread. If anything we should be disappointed he didn't say "Ya i think Id beat him id fight him tonight if i could".

Well you are an expert on stupid threads.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:38 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I disagree, I think it was a fair comment. Kimbo atleast appears to have a weaker chin but the skills on the feet are probably better then Brock's.

I don't know about that....his stand up is pretty overrated if you ask me. He is one of the few people who couldn't knock out JT.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:30 pm

His standup is better than Lesnar's only because he's black.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:32 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Well you are an expert on stupid threads.

Hey not everyone can push the envelope with Kimbo-bashing threads like you man. Cause we've never had one of those before.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:19 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
His standup is better than Lesnar's only because he's black.

Joking or not, your act is beyond tired...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:03 pm

LTFG i thought you were over your post wolf stress disorder. What gives.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:08 am

nice avatar noregret!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:31 am

Nothing wrong with what he said almost everyone has a punchers chance standing up especially in MMA.

At least he's honest enough to admit he'd get owned on the ground.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:03 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

I don't know about that....his stand up is pretty overrated if you ask me. He is one of the few people who couldn't knock out JT.

Well officially he did get a KO, and pretty much owned thompson whenever the fight was standing.

Also Note Don Frye and Yoshida were not able to KO thompson.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:10 pm

I actually thought he said nothing wrong. he admitted Brock was better but said if it was standing he could knock Brock out. He also said he doesnt think Brocks chin has been tested yet. Which must on this board would agree with. Brock would beat Kimbo and every1 knows that but what he said there wasnt a thing wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:14 pm

I guess everyone has differing opinons. I think Brock is too fast and too powerful for Kimbo even standing up. I'd have Kimbo getting KO'd in the first round.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:18 pm

Brock would probably win the standup but what is Kimbo supposed to say??? " Yeah brock would fucking kill me I should just quit fighting" lol come on. He said his standup was better cause thats all he has. If would have said I will kill Brock I would bash him with u but he didnt.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:21 pm

Kimbo gets his ass KO'd by Brock.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:22 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Kimbo gets his ass KO'd by Brock.

Agreed but there wasnt anything wrong with what he said.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:25 pm

He coulda said something like "Hey, im still new to the whole professional MMA thing, Brock is a tremendous athlete, and one day I'd like to be where he is."

Its the cheesy line that alotta pro athletes use about other pro athletes, but its effective and respectful nonetheless. And at least that comment would bare alotta truth to it.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:30 pm

Why doeshis not??? He said if the fight was just standup I FEEL I WOULD KNOCK HIM OUT!!!!! Not that everybody knows i would knock him out. I FEEL.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:31 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:35 pm

I think Kimbo's standup is atleast as good as Brocks. The only reason why he probably would not win a standup battle is Brock's strength and Kimbo's chin. But the overall skills of their standup game probably goes to Kimbo IMO.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:42 pm

NoRegret wrote:
He coulda said something like "Hey, im still new to the whole professional MMA thing, Brock is a tremendous athlete, and one day I'd like to be where he is."

Its the cheesy line that alotta pro athletes use about other pro athletes, but its effective and respectful nonetheless. And at least that comment would bare alotta truth to it.

As if Brock is a seasoned vet who is respectful in all facets of media relations.

Pretty standard procedure for fighters to say they will KO another fighter.

That said in a strictly standup affair I got Brock by KO.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:44 pm

Yeah I don't expect Kimbo to sound like a bitch and so "Oh I have no shot" but basically that is true. He could pull a Forrest and say it, but then say he's willing to fight anyone they put in front of me.
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:58 pm

No Regret, you are now only allowed to post once in each thread cuz it takes too long to scroll down through your sig pic. lol!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 1:23 pm

Yeah that pic is way to big.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today   Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today Empty

Back to top Go down

Kimbo Slice was on ESPN today
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next