Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stoppage: Good or Bad?

Go down 
+5
Ludo
Primetyme199
josh200612
timthebim
KingsOwn19
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Well..
Good
Stoppage: Good or Bad? Vote_lcap73%Stoppage: Good or Bad? Vote_rcap
 73% [ 11 ]
They could have kept it going but no complaints
Stoppage: Good or Bad? Vote_lcap27%Stoppage: Good or Bad? Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
TURRIBLE!
Stoppage: Good or Bad? Vote_lcap0%Stoppage: Good or Bad? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Stoppage: Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:14 pm

On sherdog last night, there was a slight uproar about the stoppage.

People cited the Josh Koscheck-GSP fight. Josh Koscheck could not see out his right eye i believe, and was allowed to continue while Fedor was not.

Fedor's eye, while less puffy looked more fucked up..as well as the rest of his face.

I think the stoppage was fine.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:15 pm

If Fedor didnt complain why should we? Good stoppage.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:16 pm

I can't believe Dan Mirgliotta..the master of the quick hook didnt stop the fight sometime in the second.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:17 pm

i think they could of went on but maybe that was just me wanting to see fedor get knocked out.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:22 pm

josh200612 wrote:
i think they could of went on but maybe that was just me wanting to see fedor get knocked out.

Well he definitely couldnt see a damn thing out of that eye.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:24 pm

timthebim wrote:
josh200612 wrote:

i thought fedor was a cyborg though? i thought he could win by anything he wants?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:28 pm

josh200612 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
josh200612 wrote:

i thought fedor was a cyborg though? i thought he could win by anything he wants?

I wasnt 1 of those guys and have never been huge on Fedor but he was a great fighter for a long time. Im the guy that caught shit all the way back in our ESPN days for saying Randy would have beaten Fedor so I was never a real nuthugger of his.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:30 pm

timthebim wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
josh200612 wrote:

I wasnt 1 of those guys and have never been huge on Fedor but he was a great fighter for a long time. Im the guy that caught shit all the way back in our ESPN days for saying Randy would have beaten Fedor so I was never a real nuthugger of his.

lol i said randy would win too!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:34 pm

josh200612 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
josh200612 wrote:

Well must have been me and u only because I know there werent many of us that thought he would win over the great Fedor.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:36 pm

timthebim wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
josh200612 wrote:

Well must have been me and u only because I know there werent many of us that thought he would win over the great Fedor.

the fight was gonna happen but dana snagged randy up quick after they met each other in the ring.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:39 pm

I wish it would have happened.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:42 pm

I was there last night at cageside and it was a good stoppage. His eye was closed and was worse then Koschecks. Once you tell the doctor you can't see the fight has to be stopped.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:43 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
I was there last night at cageside and it was a good stoppage. His eye was closed and was worse then Koschecks. Once you tell the doctor you can't see the fight has to be stopped.

I thought it looked far worse than Kos. Fedor couldnt see a thing and he never argued when the ref stopped the fight at all.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:41 pm

The issue here is that Fedor's eye was swollen shut after only one round of action(he showed no signs of swelling around the eye after the first round). He spent the better part of five minutes getting hit REAL hard instead of having a stiff jab put in there as Koscheck did. It's one thing to remain standing while your eye is battered, it is quite another to be on the ground where gravity and leverage aid the strikes coming down. It wasn't just the eye either.

Stoppage: Good or Bad? Koscheck-eye-closed

Stoppage: Good or Bad? 240588063

Josh's swelling and bruising was more or less localized to the right eye. Fedors bruising was much more extensive after a shorter duration and in My opinion his eye even looked worse than Koscheck's. Was it a good stoppage? I'd have to agree with it especially since he didn't look like he felt cheated by it. He knew he was all kinds of fucked up after round two, he knew it was the worst beating he's ever gotten in his life, and he knew the ref/doctor was justified in stopping it.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:14 pm

Tough to argue with a stoppage when a guy cant even see the ref waving the fight off lol.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:42 pm

The stop was right, no problem. And if it had not been stopped I would not complain even thought this is a sport.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:38 pm

good stoppage, no question. the eye was closed shut
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:12 am

At least no 1 said it was a terrible stoppage lol.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:19 am

Def good stoppage
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:14 am

Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:16 am

It was definitely a good stoppage. But let me say this, Fedor has some freaking heart! When he was mounted, eating all those huge shots, I thought he was going to get ko'd or tko'd or at the least, turn over and get choked. The fact that he survived that onslaught from a guy who is twice his size, and as scary as it seems, just as agile, is incredible. He kept turning over with his hips up, hoping to be able to catch one of Silva's legs with his arms and circle out from back mount, but Silva was too tight on top. Fedor's heart is unquestionable. Most heavyweights would not have made it out of that round. Whether his prime is over or not, the man is incredible, plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:19 am

jimbojones1950 wrote:
It was definitely a good stoppage. But let me say this, Fedor has some freaking heart! When he was mounted, eating all those huge shots, I thought he was going to get ko'd or tko'd or at the least, turn over and get choked. The fact that he survived that onslaught from a guy who is twice his size, and as scary as it seems, just as agile, is incredible. He kept turning over with his hips up, hoping to be able to catch one of Silva's legs with his arms and circle out from back mount, but Silva was too tight on top. Fedor's heart is unquestionable. Most heavyweights would not have made it out of that round. Whether his prime is over or not, the man is incredible, plain and simple.
I think Silva finishes most every other fighter in that position or rolled over, especially one he dwarfs.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:20 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
jimbojones1950 wrote:
I think Silva finishes most every other fighter in that position or rolled over, especially one he dwarfs.

exactly
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:20 am

killerofchicken wrote:
http://mmajunkie.com/news/22457/medical-beat-should-silva-vs-emelianenko-have-continued-should-arlovski-retire.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+mmajunkie+(MMAjunkie.com+Feed)&utm_content=Twitter

thats a great article that talks about to stoppage and if AA should call it quits

Kind of article that makes me fear MMA being shut down in this country one day. Most long time vets have been KO'd several times.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

GDPofDRC wrote:
jimbojones1950 wrote:

U are probably right about that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stoppage: Good or Bad?   Stoppage: Good or Bad? Empty

Back to top Go down

Stoppage: Good or Bad?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next