Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GSP just too good

Go down 
+5
OU
MMAEYES
captain organic
Wolfgangsta
LA
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

GSP just too good Empty
PostSubject: GSP just too good   GSP just too good EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 3:38 am

Aside from a fluke loss to Matt Serra, GSP has not only beaten, but dominated his competition in the UFC WW division. GSP displayed yet again tonight why he is in a league of his own. Kos came into the fight another top WW and challenger, thought to have improve since their first meeting and therefore provide GSP with a challenge, only to be completely outclassed. GSP's quickness was too much, jap too crisp and talent too great. So the question is, what do we want GSP to do next? He's already beaten the who's who of MMA WWs, and although he is probably set to face Jake Sheilds next, I can say confidently George will remain Champion after that fight, most likely in dominant fashion. So with that said, MW anyone? I think the time has come.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

GSP just too good Empty
PostSubject: Re: GSP just too good   GSP just too good EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 4:07 am

His Karate helps unify his entire game because he has incorporated takedowns directly into his striking and can phase shift seamlessly. You have to defend against everything at once. You can not isolate him or take him out of his element. You can't see what he is going to do. He feints too well. You can't hit him. He sees your technique coming and is just too fast.

He re-enforces why he deserves P4P billing over Anderson, Fedor, and even Jose Aldo, who I have been very vocal about possibly deserving it. He is the most well rounded fighter in the game, who is only rivaled by Jose Aldo in terms of three phase proficiency.

Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

GSP just too good Empty
PostSubject: Re: GSP just too good   GSP just too good EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 4:27 am

He is the most well-rounded fighter I have ever seen, but I think it's his incredible athletism paired with his skill and talent which really brings his abilitys full circle. Either way, he's on another level and I think it's time for him to move up and face possibly tougher competition. Before tonight I would have argued for Anderson to be #1 P4P, but now I can say GSP deserves the spot. Not only would I pick GSP above Anderson now P4P, but laso H2H, and I'm a much bigger Spider fan then I am GSP. We know Anderson's weakness, and that happens to be one of GSP strengths, the striikng dangers will still be there, and I think a fighter with subs off his back is a must in order to beat GSP, but his takedowns and wrestling would prove to be too much IMO.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

GSP just too good Empty
PostSubject: Re: GSP just too good   GSP just too good EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 11:38 am

Yup, def the #1 p4p guy in the world. Has the ability to blow open even the smallest of cracks in an opponents game, no matter what the soft spot may be.

Without looking too far ahead, I'm actually digging the Shields fight, cause I think it will provide for the now rare GSP KO.

Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

GSP just too good Empty
PostSubject: Re: GSP just too good   GSP just too good EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 9:18 am

Yeah I don't like the guy but you can't knock his skills can you
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

GSP just too good Empty
PostSubject: Re: GSP just too good   GSP just too good EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 9:51 am

He can be beat. The problem is he is so well rounded that even if you outclass him in one area he will do everything possible to keep that fight in a situation where is he at the advantage. The only thing Kos probably had on GSP was power, GSP stayed outside and was never really at risk. Jake will have the edge in BJJ but GSP has the tools he needs to avoid that.
IMO you will need a good sprawl and brawl fighter to beat GSP. Someone who has the striking to hurt GSP and the TD defense to stay on his feet. Right now there really isn't any WW that fits that mold.
I do think GSP is somewhat lucky with the weight class he is in. He just doesn't have any matchup problems out there for him at that weight right now. I think he would be much more beatable at MW. More guys with the power to hurt him. If he couldn't get someone like Vitor down he would be in big trouble.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

GSP just too good Empty
PostSubject: Re: GSP just too good   GSP just too good EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:16 pm

This improvement in GSP's boxing is only going to get better and better. His only real competition will be at 185. Completely outboxed, outwrestled and outclassed Koscheck. Definitely p4p the best in the game.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

GSP just too good Empty
PostSubject: Re: GSP just too good   GSP just too good EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:22 pm

Kos held his own with wrestling. GSP couldn't hold him down if he wanted to. Kos was able to take him down, he just didn't attempt many take downs.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

GSP just too good Empty
PostSubject: Re: GSP just too good   GSP just too good EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:31 pm

Kos did hold his own wrestling, but then GSP is soo much better everywhere else

It'd be interesting to see Askren and GSP, at least wrestlingwise
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

GSP just too good Empty
PostSubject: Re: GSP just too good   GSP just too good EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 12:06 am

LA wrote:
Kos did hold his own wrestling, but then GSP is soo much better everywhere else

It'd be interesting to see Askren and GSP, at least wrestlingwise

gotta figure Askren would have a distinct wrestling advantage.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

GSP just too good Empty
PostSubject: Re: GSP just too good   GSP just too good EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 12:09 am

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2010/12/gsp-vs-koscheck-ii-fightmetric-report.html

Just so we're clear, GSP was 4-9 on takedown attempts, and Kos was 1-4 and that one he fought extremely hard for. So strictly speaking, GSP owned him there too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

GSP just too good Empty
PostSubject: Re: GSP just too good   GSP just too good EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 12:17 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Just so we're clear, GSP was 4-9 on takedown attempts, and Kos was 1-4 and that one he fought extremely hard for. So strictly speaking, GSP owned him there too.

yeah but he couldn't hold Kos down for nothing, might have had him down 1 min the entire fight. Kos was pretty much on par wrestling, even with the broken orbital. It wasn't wrestling that won that fight.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

GSP just too good Empty
PostSubject: Re: GSP just too good   GSP just too good EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 2:17 am

OU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

yeah but he couldn't hold Kos down for nothing, might have had him down 1 min the entire fight. Kos was pretty much on par wrestling, even with the broken orbital. It wasn't wrestling that won that fight.

I think a point in there though is that he took the guy down, a good wrestler, but didn't decide to try and beat him there where it was potentially gonna be much more difficult to work. He beat him where he was going to have the best advantage and did so soundly.

GSP just too good, yes. GSP just too smart, even more so.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

GSP just too good Empty
PostSubject: Re: GSP just too good   GSP just too good EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 2:20 am

hes good

Askren that is
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

GSP just too good Empty
PostSubject: Re: GSP just too good   GSP just too good EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 2:20 am

nice blog post bird
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

GSP just too good Empty
PostSubject: Re: GSP just too good   GSP just too good EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 2:22 am

thank ya bobbit
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

GSP just too good Empty
PostSubject: Re: GSP just too good   GSP just too good EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:52 am

I'm still in the minority that thinks GSP will struggle at MW. I think some of those guys might be able to sprawl and brawl on GSP and I think they have the power and strength to hurt him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GSP just too good Empty
PostSubject: Re: GSP just too good   GSP just too good Empty

Back to top Go down

GSP just too good
Page 1 of 1