Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was

Go down 
+10
Ziggy116
GDPofDRC
oggy420
timthebim
bobbitt15
Ludo
MMAEYES
OU
josh200612
LA
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:38 am

i think i know what you're getting at. if rodgers continues at this level for a number of years he may very well be looked back on as the best of all time.

other guys have played longer and got more stats, there may be the odd guy here or there that has had a better season, but the way rodgers is playing on a week to week basis is making it more and more difficult to see how anyone is going to beat them. jennings aside maybe, the packers receivers aren't that good. i guarantee if any of them went elsewhere for big money they'd flop. it's rodgers that makes them as good as they are

their defence is a bit iffy but you're still probably going to need 4 or 5 turnovers and put at least 40 points on the board to have a chance. i agree that rodgers is on a level with all the greats right now.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:05 am

Saying GB's WRs are "not that good" is just flat out wrong. They may not have great top end talent but last year it was made very clear they had the deepest WR core in the NFL. He also has one of the very best receiving TEs in football. Inferior weapons around him is not an argument you can make. Below average run game but his WR core is very nice.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:24 am

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Rogers won't be remembered as the best QB currently active in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:28 am

OU wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Rogers won't be remembered as the best QB currently active in the NFL.

How is the going out on a limb? Everyone knows Brady, Manning, and Brees are easily as good or better.

ALL TIME

Passing Yards
3. Manning
13. Brees
14. Brady

Passing TDs
3. Manning
6. Brady
11. Brees

Gamewinning Drives
2. Manning
7. Brady
13. Brees

Passer Rating
4. Brady
6. Manning
8. Brees

SINGLE SEASON

Passing Yards
2. Brees
4. Brady
6. Brees
12. Manning

TDs
1. Brady (50)
2. Manning (49)
10. Brees (37)

Passer Rating
1. Manning
3. Brady
6. Brady
9. Brees
13. Brees

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:30 am

Brees will break Dan's record this year and there is a good chance he beats Rogers in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:41 am

And lets not forget the chosen one

Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 TebowSea-blog
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:51 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
And lets not forget the chosen one

Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 TebowSea-blog
LMAO!!!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:43 pm

I want rogers leading my team over all those dude easy. But keep forgetting the arbitrariness of numbers vs playing quarterback.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:49 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I want rogers leading my team over all those dude easy. But keep forgetting the arbitrariness of numbers vs playing quarterback.
I'm still not convinced that Aaron will end up having a better career as a QB, numbers or not then Brees, Manning or Brady. I really don't know what order I will view those men 10 years from now. If you are already counting those men out as possibly being remembered as better QBs then Aaron, you're wrong.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:52 pm

You need to get off this career numbers line of thinking. Not what it's about at all.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:02 pm

Brady
-3 SBs with average running help at best some years and tons of deep playoff runs. The year he's injured and his team misses the playoffs.

Manning
-1 SB, again with not much RB help and tons of deep playoff runs. The year he's injured, his team goes 1-15 (likely).

Brees
-Took one of the worst franchises of all time to the promise land with no help at RB and no HOF WRs.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Brady
-3 SBs with average running help at best some years and tons of deep playoff runs. The year he's injured and his team misses the playoffs.

Manning
-1 SB, again with not much RB help and tons of deep playoff runs. The year he's injured, his team goes 1-15 (likely).

Brees
-Took one of the worst franchises of all time to the promise land with no help at RB and no HOF WRs.

And... this explains the way Rogers plays QB how exactly?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:10 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
You need to get off this career numbers line of thinking. Not what it's about at all.
Who? Me? It's not just about the numbers. When it comes to being a QB those 3 men will be in the greatest of current QBs discussion. They all have their qualities. Brees is a midget and still has maybe the best accuracy of all these guys. You obviously have your mind already made up and you are letting 2 seasons get you caught up in the heat of the moment. I don't see any other way to look at it. Your mind is made up, which makes for unfair/pointless discussion.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:17 pm

My mind is made that I'm seeing the best QB play, careers and numbers don't make that determination, how the game is played does. I watch a player play and decide, not reference his numbers alone. I saw those guys play now and in the past in their best seasons with their teams, and I'm watching still and I'm seeing someone do it better. If time and career stats are all there is than we can sit here all day and talk about how Emmitt Smith is the greatest to ever play running back. No one does that, it's about playing.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:23 pm

Well I just completely disagree with your whole outlook on this topic. I think it is an insult to the game to declare someone a goat for 2 seasons of work. I don't consider Rogers current NFL season to be much better, if it's even better at all, then Drew Brees' current season. Watching him play QB IMO is just as impressive as Rogers. This happens in every sport, every year. Nothing more then an overreaction to the last thing you saw. I don't think Rogers greatest season is more impressive then Peyton's. Not talking about numbers, just the jaw dropping way he is able to control an offense like no man to ever play the game. Prisoner of the moment, that is your problem here.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Why? I think Bo Jackson was a better running back every down than Berry Sanders based off how they played the game, not how long. Does that make it an insult to the game? Are you not allowed to think Peterson can play back better than Smith because Smith did it for X amount of years?

If you think a guy who has already had three games this season where he turned the ball over more times than he passed into the endzone is having the better year, is the more impressive player, then I cannot believe you're really watching, seeing what I am.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 2:47 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Brady

Manning

Brees

And... this explains the way Rogers plays QB how exactly?

It explains these guys are great too. And you cannot say Rogers will be better without a doubt. He's done well is on pace to up there with these guys, but thats about it.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Brees set NFL single season records for pass yards (5476), comp (468), comp % (71.2%), 300-yard games (13) & consec 300-yard games (7)
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:18 pm

the game that Flynn had today shows something about Rogers... right?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:30 pm

This thread is so last year.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Ludo wrote:

STFU and go jack off to Cyborg.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:49 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ludo wrote:

STFU and go jack off to Cyborg.

Listen here, cowpoke. I've had just about enough of you and your broke back children of the corn bullshit! Focus on those 1906 cocks you done farmed and quit trying to play down the fact that Aaron Rodgers put up more yards than all your quarterbacks combined this year.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 10:23 pm

killerofchicken wrote:

System QB.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:45 am

killerofchicken wrote:

I think it says more about a shitty Lions defense.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:37 pm

matt flynn is a free agent after this year isn't he? maybe the dolphins can go after him because we aint getting RG3 picking 8th or 9th.

the 2 most recent CBS mock drafts have us taking a DE and a DT. that would be fairly typical using a top 10 pick on an area of no need whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was   Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aaron Rodgers already a better QB then Favre ever was
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next