Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds

Go down 
+10
captain organic
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
acccardinal12
josh200612
Mr.Huck
killerofchicken
timthebim
MMAEYES
Ninja
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:53 pm

captain organic wrote:
Wikipedia has the Smith fight at 180, the Shamrock fight at 179.

And yeah the 3-4 lbs is significant.

And no Nicks walk around weight does not help Mayhems argument.

I really hope this fight happens, but I think the impetus is on Mayhem. don't talk all day about the fight, and then demand Nick come to you.

Agree 100 percent.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:07 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I have to side with Mayhem here.

Nick can atleast offer a reason why he was able to fight Smith and Shamrock basically at middleweight but now is exlusive to a division where he knows there is a dearth of ready contenders for his belt as soon as a well rounded, in prime middleweight has a bone to pick with him.

Nick can't offer a reason...he can offer three.

1. Nick wasn't champion when he took those fights.

2. He was experimenting with his body and what weight he felt comfortable with. Since then and before this Mayhem thing blew up, he said publicly he planned on staying at 170.

3. His camp is now aware of what can happen if you bulk up and then come back down with Jake Shields struggles back at 170.

And he never fought at MW. He fought at 180 and 179. If Mayhem wants this fight he can meet the champion in the middle.

Mayhem is avoiding Jacare.

Don't be scared Mayhem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:12 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
I have to side with Mayhem here.

Nick can atleast offer a reason why he was able to fight Smith and Shamrock basically at middleweight but now is exlusive to a division where he knows there is a dearth of ready contenders for his belt as soon as a well rounded, in prime middleweight has a bone to pick with him.

Nick can't offer a reason...he can offer three.

1. Nick wasn't champion when he took those fights.

2. He was experimenting with his body and what weight he felt comfortable with. Since then and before this Mayhem thing blew up, he said publicly he planned on staying at 170.

3. His camp is now aware of what can happen if you bulk up and then come back down with Jake Shields struggles back at 170.

And he never fought at MW. He fought at 180 and 179. If Mayhem wants this fight he can meet the champion in the middle.

Mayhem is avoiding Jacare.

Don't be scared Mayhem.

+1
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:03 pm

Mr.Huck wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
Ali wrote:
Mahem is the man, he shouldn't have to drop extra lb's for Diaz.

I'd bet that the fight does happen at 183 and Diaz's managment never said it had to be 178.

Oh Please Rolling Eyes Cesar Gracie himself said the only way this fight is happening is if its at 178lb.

Here is the link - http://mmajunkie.com/news/21502/cesar-gracie-open-to-nick-diaz-vs-mayhem-on-jan-29-catchweight-required.mma

burn diaz huggers burn
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:06 pm

how are you scared of someone you fought twice??

dont worry guys I dont expect a good answer
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:33 pm

I really don't see why people think Mayhem is afraid or ducking Jacare. He tried to out grapple him in their first fight, which was plan stupid...but he still held his own with the best grappler in the world and was not even close to getting subbed. In the second fight he was fucking Jacare up standing until he got a little out of control.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:43 pm

Ninjas opinion on Mayhem can't be trusted ever since he got the T-shirt at the weigh in as pictured in his sig. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:47 pm

Lol, I was wondering why that sig has been on for so long.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:57 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Lol, I was wondering why that sig has been on for so long.

Maybe because it is the best sig of all time!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:02 pm

captain organic wrote:
Wikipedia has the Smith fight at 180, the Shamrock fight at 179.

And yeah the 3-4 lbs is significant.

And no Nicks walk around weight does not help Mayhems argument.

I really hope this fight happens, but I think the impetus is on Mayhem. don't talk all day about the fight, and then demand Nick come to you.

Wikipedia is wrong! Those fights did not happen at 180 and 179lbs. I guess there is a Diaz nut hugger working over at Wikipedia now. Funny how Wolf was like "Hey those fights were at 179 and 180"

lmao

Diaz needs to fight at whatever and so should Mayhem. Just scrap and make some money!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:23 am

that sig is one of a kind only mayhem would do that!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:25 am

Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:02 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
http://mmafrenzy.com/9952/strikeforce-shamrock-vs-diaz-weigh-in-results-cyborg-misses-weight/

http://www.mmaconvert.com/2009/06/05/strikeforce-lawler-vs-shields-weigh-in-results/

Make sure BBC isn't allowed to post in the blog section guys. Quality control. No offense bro.

LMAO
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:17 am

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
I really don't see why people think Mayhem is afraid or ducking Jacare. He tried to out grapple him in their first fight, which was plan stupid...but he still held his own with the best grappler in the world and was not even close to getting subbed. In the second fight he was fucking Jacare up standing until he got a little out of control.

Agree. Mayhem wants a 3rd fight with Jacare and he deserves one....though i think Jacare stand up has improved by leaps since their second fight.

Right now though, Mayhem wants Diaz for obvious reasons. He jumped him on national TV. The weight thing is respect IMO. Diaz thinks Mayhem would be at a huge advantage at 185 and Mayhem probably thinks its all Diaz if he has to cut too much weight. I don't think this fight is going to happen and Jacare is waiting for a fight..so, they should probably make Jacare-Mayhem III.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:56 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
http://mmafrenzy.com/9952/strikeforce-shamrock-vs-diaz-weigh-in-results-cyborg-misses-weight/

http://www.mmaconvert.com/2009/06/05/strikeforce-lawler-vs-shields-weigh-in-results/

Make sure BBC isn't allowed to post in the blog section guys. Quality control. No offense bro.

Yeah those are wrong just like Wikipedia. My best friend's cousin was standing behind Nick at the weigh ins for both fights. He said Diaz was 184 and 192 and the guy announcing the results lied. I believe this guy over all of this wikipedia and mmafrenzy nonsense. I mean...the guy best friends cousin is Amish and those people don't know how to lie. All of you should trust my best friend's cousin who is amish over all of those big named websites that present facts. Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 726609
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:05 pm

Plain and simple. Mayham wants a Jacare fight, but not as bad as he wants to wreck Nick Diaz.

He wants the middle weight title, he doesn't want the welter weight title, just Diaz. He knows there is a limit to how low he can drop his weight and not be at a health disadvantage though.

Problem is Nick has his hands completely full with all of the many contenders at WW in SF at the moment.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:18 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Plain and simple. Mayham wants a Jacare fight, but not as bad as he wants to wreck Nick Diaz.

He wants the middle weight title, he doesn't want the welter weight title, just Diaz. He knows there is a limit to how low he can drop his weight and not be at a health disadvantage though.

Problem is Nick has his hands completely full with all of the many contenders at WW in SF at the moment.

Who are this contenders? Paul Daley.....I can't think of any anymore?
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:20 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Who are this contenders? Paul Daley.....I can't think of any anymore?

that had to have been sarcasm, Ninja
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:22 pm

All I know is I want this fight to happen, you got both of these guys running their mouths every chance they get but they aren't getting it done. I'm a big Diaz fan but I like Mayhem too but as of now I'm pissed at both of these guys.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:33 pm

I can't believe Diaz is getting heat for not changing weight classes because of some viral campaign by Mayhem.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:46 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

This pretty much sums it up. GDP FOR PREZ!

Don't feed the beast!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:50 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I can't believe Diaz is getting heat for not changing weight classes because of some viral campaign by Mayhem.

Diaz is no slouch, but I don't think he can take Miller. I think he knows this and wants him at a lower weight because he knows he needs any help he can get. Why can't they just fight with about a 5 lbs difference? Problem solved right?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:53 pm

Nick is the WW champion. If Mayhem wants him to change weight classes he could meet at a catchweight. He refuses, he doesn't really want the fight. Fuck him.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject:    Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:06 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Nick is the WW champion. If Mayhem wants him to change weight classes he could meet at a catchweight. He refuses, he doesn't really want the fight. Fuck him.

Mayhem could be fighting for the MW title. If Nick wants to talk shit and throw water bottles, and then want Mayhem to drop 25lbs, then maybe he should meet himm at a CW. He refuses to fight at 183lbs, he really is scared of Mayhem. Fuck him.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:27 pm

I know everyone is in a rush to paint Diaz as scared here or whatever because of his usual persona. But there isn't a 25 pound difference. There is a 15 pound difference. And Diaz wants to meet in the exact middle. 178. A 183 fight would be bigger than Diaz had ever fought before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds   Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jason “Mayhem” Miller says there’s no way he’ll fight Nick Diaz at 178 pounds
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next