Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell  Empty
PostSubject: Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell    Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell  EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:23 pm

Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell    Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell  EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:34 pm

My brother's career right now is at a stand still. But he still is one of the best in the world, and he very badly wants to get back in there in the ring and demonstrate that to the world. But we just have to wait and see what the doctors say and to see when he can get back in there.

More than likely, he'll be back, but we just to wait and see when that will be.

Translation: As soon as the guys from the six beat on each other some more.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell    Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell  EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:43 pm

Haha, took away the same thing

Wonder how fast they move The Dog. With Haymon & Shaw behind him, guessing we'll see him on ShoBox soon
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell    Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell  EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:53 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Haha, took away the same thing

Wonder how fast they move The Dog. With Haymon & Shaw behind him, guessing we'll see him on ShoBox soon

But only once. He'll be very very inactive.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell    Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell  EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:52 pm

The first time I saw both Direll brothers was on shobox (undercard of Guerrero-Diaz II), I was really more impressed with Anthony than Andre. I saw him fight a couple of time before he was diagnosed with Cancer. I always felt he could have been just as good as Andre. To me, this guy fight with more killer instict (if Andre knew what this would, he would be a way better fighter). Anthony sure did struggle after he came back from cancer (he got dropped in his comeback fight), but since has been impressive after a few fights (especially after that display on ESPN 2). I have always be surpsrised how little media coverage Anthony Dirrell has recieved from his sickness. This kid has a story, I hope he because relevant in this sport one day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell    Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell  EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 9:45 pm

I saw him on HBO or Showtime about a year ago. He looked good, but not special. Looked a little physically soft too.

They talked a little about his battle, but not much. It looks like he's been busy recently though so maybe he's ready to make a run and show what he can really do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell    Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell  EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 11:46 am

Even his brother has a crap nickname

" The Dog "

" The Matrix "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell    Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell  Empty

Back to top Go down

Anthony "The Dog" Dirrell
Page 1 of 1