Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs?

Go down 
+8
OU
oggy420
captain organic
acccardinal12
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
Ring
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs?   If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:04 pm

I guess the answer to the original question is yes. It would certainly effect the believes of some. I think the majority of people would still have somewhat the same beliefs they had before. But without a doubt there are plenty of people out there on the fence that don't know exactly what to believe, those people without a doubt would be changed by this.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs?   If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 6:36 pm

LTFG wrote:
Ring wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Not mine. What do you mean by higher?

Highly evolved, such as animal life on Earth.

I pose this question because most creationists/fundamentalists seem to believe that while their "god" created the entire Universe especially for them, only Earth has living creatures.

I'm no Biblical scholar by any means... But is there a spot in the Bible that says life exists only on Earth?

I don't know if it says anything in the bible about it, that just seems to be the position that many modern creationist/fundamentalist christians take, and in the past the Earth was thought by many to be the center of the Universe.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs?   If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:00 pm

LTFG wrote:
Ring wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya Christianity just changes to match the world it lives in.

Funny how after science/common sense dispels religious myths, the clergy and it's adherents change their positions to suite their apologetics. Evolution, which has now been accepted by much of organized religion, is a good example of this.

Organized religion has accepted evolution? I have many religious friends and know of no one who believes in evolution. Hell, I'm trying to figure out what species of monkey-fish-bird we supposedly evolved from and why the rest of that species or why all of the species' didn't take time to evolve as well. I can only conclude that we happened by spontaneous combustion. A couple of pissed off particles happened upon eachother and... BOOM. The first embryo dangling from a cliff's edge...

Certainly not all organized religion, but to name a few, Anglican, United Methodist, Church of the Nazarene, Eastern Orthodox, and Roman Catholic, all accept evolution in varying degrees. They all however, affirm a Creator God.

I've found out over the years that most theists/creationists who deny, or dismiss evolution, usually don't have a clue what it's really about. Evolution is the basis of modern biology, and the only scientific explanation for the diversity of life on earth.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs?   If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:19 am

It sure wouldn't change my beliefs, I don't think God is limited by ANY means, I have always believed that with God ALL things are possible. ALL includes God creating other living beings in space or other planets.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs?   If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:27 am

If the aliens are wearing yamakas, all will make sense.
If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs? - Page 2 297485973v1_225x225_Front
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs?   If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:12 pm

Quote :
Hell, I'm trying to figure out what species of monkey-fish-bird we supposedly evolved from and why the rest of that species or why all of the species' didn't take time to evolve as well.

LOL this highlights ring's point.

Kind of like those peanut butter and banana videos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs?   If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

If higher life forms are found on other planets, would it change anyone's religious beliefs?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2