Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125

Go down 
+12
Ludo
Andrew the Raider King
captain organic
SOKO
LA
timthebim
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
Birdofthad
chorky777
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125   Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:50 pm

An entertaining fight to be sure... But if I was Leben I would be pissed that this is what they're offering me after what he's done for them recently...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125   Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:53 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
An entertaining fight to be sure... But if I was Leben I would be pissed that this is what they're offering me after what he's done for them recently...

How can he be pissed at the UFC? They have been great to him. He better take that fight with a damn smile on his face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125   Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:58 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125   Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:27 pm

Disagree completely. He helped to put the UFC on the map with his TUF antics. He's still a wildly popular fighter because of his low IQ, trailer park allure and iron chin. And he's done everything that they've ever asked him to do. After showing up big in two fights 14 days apart against very tough competition in Sexyama and Simpson, he deserves a much better fight than against an at best mid-level guy trying to get comfortable at a new weight. Leben should be asking for a Belcher or Paul Harris... Maia thinks he's taking a step back...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125   Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:33 pm

No doubt about it this is a step back in the pecking order way of things, Leban has done the kind of work lately to garner the type of fight that says top 10. Still looking forward to it this though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125   Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:34 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Disagree completely. He helped to put the UFC on the map with his TUF antics. He's still a wildly popular fighter because of his low IQ, trailer park allure and iron chin. And he's done everything that they've ever asked him to do. After showing up big in two fights 14 days apart against very tough competition in Sexyama and Simpson, he deserves a much better fight than against an at best mid-level guy trying to get comfortable at a new weight. Leben should be asking for a Belcher or Paul Harris... Maia thinks he's taking a step back...

So Leben can go 2-4 and test positive for roids over the same stretch and that isn't preferred treatment? Come on now, he gets paid pretty good for the level of fighter he is on top of that. The guy has been treated very nicely by the UFC. He should have no complaints.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125   Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:46 pm

That's bery true. I don't think the disparity is big in reality, Stann has a decent chance of roughing Leben up pretty good. But Leben has an equal chance of breaking both of Stanns hands. I think they could of got a better fight for him really but not every fight is gonna get to be two guys in the same neighborhood rank wise.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125   Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:47 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

So Leben can go 2-4 and test positive for roids over the same stretch and that isn't preferred treatment? Come on now, he gets paid pretty good for the level of fighter he is on top of that. The guy has been treated very nicely by the UFC. He should have no complaints.

what have you done for me lately world. Why should a top-15 guy that's stepped up and helped save some asses in the last couple of months have to step back and fight a guy that would be lucky to crack a top-50 (For anyone that keeps such a thing)? Because in your mind they bent over backwards during a dark time where he was struggling? Please... They do that for a bunch of those TUF guys. I'm not shocked he's taking it, I'm just saying that he deserves better after what he's done for the company this year. I hope he asked about other guys like I mentioned, and the UFC said they are committed to fights that haven't been released yet.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125   Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:52 pm

I'm just saying overall for his career the UFC has been very, very kind to him. They don't owe him for stepping in and giving him a chance to be relevant again with Akiyama. If anything Leben should be thanking the UFC. He better take everything with a smile if you ask me.

Oh yeah and Leben is not a top 15 MW. Lombard would put him in a coma.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125   Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:17 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

what have you done for me lately world. Why should a top-15 guy that's stepped up and helped save some asses in the last couple of months have to step back and fight a guy that would be lucky to crack a top-50 (For anyone that keeps such a thing)? Because in your mind they bent over backwards during a dark time where he was struggling? Please... They do that for a bunch of those TUF guys. I'm not shocked he's taking it, I'm just saying that he deserves better after what he's done for the company this year. I hope he asked about other guys like I mentioned, and the UFC said they are committed to fights that haven't been released yet.

But he's getting a payday, in a winnable fight, that hopefully will set up the Wandy fight. would it be better to wait for Wandy? If u ask Leben's accountant probably not. Would it be better to fight a more dangerous opponent in the mean time? If we assume the Wandy fight(big assumption I know, but it does seem to be pointing that way), I think the UFC is being very kind to Leben here.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125   Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Leben by massive ko
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125   Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:22 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Leben by massive ko

Maybe, but I think something is getting lost in Leben's recent heroics. He is not Spider. And Stann is a big 185.

I think this fight will be pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125   Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:25 pm

The sad part is Stann has really improved technically and could easily win this fight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125   Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:46 pm

wait... i've been out of the loop i guess. When did stann jump to 185? lol
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125   Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:54 pm

This will be his second fight there Oggy... He fought at MW when he choked out Massenzio a couple months back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125   Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Leben-Brian Stann targeted for UFC 125
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2