Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Buy or Sell Brian Stann

Go down 
+8
GDPofDRC
chorky777
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
OU
franklinfan2
KingsOwn19
Wolfgangsta
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Buy or Sell Brian Stann Empty
PostSubject: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:47 am

Contender?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:18 am

He said after the Leben fight that hopefully he doesn't have to fight wrestlers for a while. I think only they and Silva trouble him at MW. I think he beats Maia, Bisping and Wanderlei.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:31 am

I would have said sell on Leben and Santiago if asked, so not buying Stann too much even though those are a couple solid wins...I don't think he's a legit contender.
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 8:29 am

He should fight Cantwell again to see how much he has evolved. What's going on with Cantwell? Is he still nursing injuries?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 8:56 am

franklinfan2 wrote:
He should fight Cantwell again to see how much he has evolved. What's going on with Cantwell? Is he still nursing injuries?

Snake beat the shit out of him a couple months ago. I think he has lost 3 straight in the UFC and I'm not so sure he hasn't been cut. Also Cantwell is still at LHW and Stann is now a MW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:27 am

Buy, great camp around him and devastating power.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:07 pm

Sell as a legitimate title contender but I do think he'll continue to improve
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:08 pm

he improves with every fight, i'd give him a title shot after another win for sure
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:37 pm

He beat Cantwell 2 of 3 times.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:56 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I was wondering why people were bringing Cantwell up. He already beat that ass.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:58 pm

chorky777 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
I was wondering why people were bringing Cantwell up. He already beat that ass.

They aren't even in the same weight class anymore and careers are in very different places right now.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:07 pm

Cantwell is not gonna stay at LHW. He should go to MW.

Like Munoz and Stann, who were not small LHWs in WEC, he will do better at MW.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:09 pm

Is there a WEC LHW who is still at LHW?
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:09 pm

I like Stann and the intensity he brings to the fight. He always moves forward and is willing to trade in the pocket. However, in terms of being a future champion, I have to sell. He runs into the same problem that a lot of fighters do....namely, not being elite in any one area. While there are the exceptions like a Rich Franklin or Forest Griffin, for the most part, jack of all trade fighters (people who are B+ in everything, not A+ in anything) do not become champions. Its harsh, but generally, from a betting perspective, the way it is. Most fighters who reach champion level have some pedigree that they can rely on if they are being outmatched in other areas of the fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:18 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Is there a WEC LHW who is still at LHW?

6 out of the 7 WEC LHW Champions are now MWs. 1 of them is even a WW.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:23 pm

jimbojones1950 wrote:
I like Stann and the intensity he brings to the fight. He always moves forward and is willing to trade in the pocket. However, in terms of being a future champion, I have to sell. He runs into the same problem that a lot of fighters do....namely, not being elite in any one area. While there are the exceptions like a Rich Franklin or Forest Griffin, for the most part, jack of all trade fighters (people who are B+ in everything, not A+ in anything) do not become champions. Its harsh, but generally, from a betting perspective, the way it is. Most fighters who reach champion level have some pedigree that they can rely on if they are being outmatched in other areas of the fight.

I can somewhat see the premise, except for the fact that a fighter who is B+ in everything would probably be the best of all time(Fedor for instance). The phenomenon you're speaking of is the C's and B's in everything fighter like Nate Mardquardt, Michael Bisping etc. Stann has more upside than they do imo because he continues to improve.

Stann is fast approaching elite status in terms of MMA striking anyway. You must remember, Silva's reign is nearly over. The division is otherwise weak. Stann will also be gifted shots, trust me. He also has the vary underrated ability to be coached. He learns from his training partners and coaches and improves by leaps and bounds fight in fight out. Only Chael Sonnen brings the kind of wrestling to smother him like the much larger and athletic Davis did, and Stann has upgraded his wrestling a lot since that time. He is only 30 and doesn't have ten years of fight wear on his joints and brain. He has several years of competitive fighting at the very least and has likely taken good care of himself, which could allow him to maintain his speed through his late 30s.

In the vacuum of the post-Silva MW division that we will find ourselves in in the next few years, Stann could easily wear the title for a period of time with the right match ups.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:26 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Ace vs Stann at MW, or even Jorge vs Ace.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:29 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
jimbojones1950 wrote:

I can somewhat see the premise, except for the fact that a fighter who is B+ in everything would probably be the best of all time(Fedor for instance). The phenomenon you're speaking of is the C's and B's in everything fighter like Nate Mardquardt, Michael Bisping etc. Stann has more upside than they do imo because he continues to improve.

Stann is fast approaching elite status in terms of MMA striking anyway. You must remember, Silva's reign is nearly over. The division is otherwise weak. Stann will also be gifted shots, trust me. He also has the vary underrated ability to be coached. He learns from his training partners and coaches and improves by leaps and bounds fight in fight out. Only Chael Sonnen brings the kind of wrestling to smother him like the much larger and athletic Davis did, and Stann has upgraded his wrestling a lot since that time. He is only 30 and doesn't have ten years of fight wear on his joints and brain. He has several years of competitive fighting at the very least and has likely taken good care of himself, which could allow him to maintain his speed through his late 30s.

In the vacuum of the post-Silva MW division that we will find ourselves in in the next few years, Stann could easily wear the title for a period of time with the right match ups.

I see your point, but remember, Fedor was a multiple time world champion in sambo, which is a great pedigree. However, I can see guys like Munoz giving Stann problems, as well as a few others. While he is coming along nicely, I think, if he ever wears the belt, it will be for a very short stint, similar to Griffin at 205.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:34 pm

Munoz vs Stann was a match I was looking forward to when wec had the division. Hope munoz wins and brings that fight back to the table.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:36 pm

Munoz has had his wrestling neutralized completely in the UFC by fighters he should be dominating. He doesn't set his takedowns up well and Stann would box his ears off.

Ace has no business dropping down to MW again at this point. Then again he was top five at MW and is about to be bounced out of the top 15 at LHW by a loss to Nog and an influx of better Strikeforce LHW's.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:40 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Munoz has had his wrestling neutralized completely in the UFC by fighters he should be dominating. He doesn't set his takedowns up well and Stann would box his ears off.

Ace has no business dropping down to MW again at this point. Then again he was top five at MW and is about to be bounced out of the top 15 at LHW by a loss to Nog and an influx of better Strikeforce LHW's.

Well very recently he said he would fight at either weight. I think he would still be a top 5 MW but I'm biased on the Ace subject.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:46 pm

MW is where sucky LHW's go to resurrect their career. Yea, I said it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:49 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
MW is where sucky LHW's go to resurrect their career. Yea, I said it.

FW is where LWs go to not get cut from Zuffa. Yeah I said it.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:52 pm

Buy! Jackson has Stann doing alot better now days. I think he is top 5 in the UFC at MW right now. Give him Nate, Maia, or someone that is top 5 at MW next. I bet he gets Simpson now that Mayhem is doing TUF.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:54 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Buy! Jackson has Stann doing alot better now days. I think he is top 5 in the UFC at MW right now. Give him Nate, Maia, or someone that is top 5 at MW next. I bet he gets Simpson now that Mayhem is doing TUF.

Simpson is fighting Brad Tavares. There is a thread up about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buy or Sell Brian Stann   Buy or Sell Brian Stann Empty

Back to top Go down

Buy or Sell Brian Stann
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next