Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Are people in the US racist?

Go down 
+19
cascade_run
LA
OU
Ring
GDPofDRC
Tobe06
mannyfresh
oggy420
NoRegret
4445Frank
WinstonSmith
KrazyHorseBennett
Andrew the Raider King
acccardinal12
timthebim
Wolfgangsta
marbleheadmaui
josh200612
captainanddew
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 8:30 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
but 99% of the grunt work was done by whites in establishing everything about this country, unless picking cotton or inventing peanut butter counts.

Slaves and indentured servants were literally imported to do the grunt work. Yes picking cotton does count. It was a staple industry.

And you are really arguing my point. The system that was established by whites for all of its genius was fundamentally, racially imbalanced. This is something that is still being tweaked to find a better balance. The purpose in our country should be for everyone to be treated equally:

If you don't agree with that I respect you for being honest and in many ways I don't blame you, but that can be considered racism.

If you do agree with that then the who did what in the past shouldn't be as big of an issue as how we can fix things.

Last edited by Gumby on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 8:30 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya, ya, the US has never been a "white country" in the strict sense, since other people(natives, livestock) lived here, but 99% of the grunt work was done by whites in establishing everything about this country, unless picking cotton or inventing peanut butter counts.

This place was founded and built by Indo-Europeans. Period. This idea of America held by the majority of the populace hardly existed until the end of WW2.
Good Lord, this is one racist motherfucker!! All I have to do is compare my thinking with yours and my guilt is all gone.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 10:46 pm

I figured a pinhead would say that, disclaimer or not. Anyway just as well, chases away the uninitiated who aren't qualified to have this discussion because they retain excess moral baggage.

Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:12 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I figured a pinhead would say that, disclaimer or not. Anyway just as well, chases away the uninitiated who aren't qualified to have this discussion because they retain excess moral baggage.

I have no moral baggage. I kindly asked you to show me the difference between your thoughts on race and a nazi ideology. You failed to do so. So, Mr. Skinhead (and I honestly don't see why you object to me calling you that.), we have a bit of a oxymoronic situation here. You're on a boxing board and a sports board here. Though a great deal of Caucasion fighters have defined the level of this game through their greatness, I don't think anyone would debate that "fighters of color" have dominated boxing for most of the 20th century. Same thing with Football once they were allowed to compete. Then we have contributions like Jazz, Rock n Roll and the like. There are also lots of inventions that come from the Black Community. Of course, there are also lies in relation to some of these investions and black people and I'm sure you'll concentrate on those, however, this argument you have is of no use to anyone and is considered by me to be an anti American stance.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 5:25 pm

I wish no ill will towards any race.

Rather, my "utopian fantasy" is a world where all races maintain their own identity, culture and ways without cultural imperialism. Nazis and skinheads as you understand them, the "white power" bunch, are as disgusting as anyone else. In fact, the waaaaat pooour! movement is one of the groups I hate the most, for poisoning the well.

I am a staunch opponent of the war in the Middle East because all it really is is a continuation of Judeo-Christian cultural imperialism. We are trying to impose our "democracy" on a group of people that don't fucking want or care about it. It's no different than trying to make them bow to our king or god.

I don't hate humans based on how they look or what they are, but rather my beef is with the ones who pretend we aren't different and wish to destroy diversity and my(and all) cultural/ethnic group and identity.

Frank, you don't know me, but some of my favorite modern fighters are all black fighters like Rashad Evans, King Mo, Daniel Cormier etc. Team Thirsty GDP mother fucker!

Why are you giving me a third grade lecture on black people in sports? The reason I ran to sports away from politics is sports is the one place where the strong survive in a strict sense, and you're not given anything special based on the color of your skin/religion/sex etc. In reality, sports are anti-American because of that, are they not?

The reason I failed to explain my beliefs to you is because I've done that enough in my life it gets tiring, and I really don't know if you'd be able to see the difference at all. It appears we have been conditioned to believe that belief in race is racist in itself. I don't know if I can break that moral chain you have sir.

I don't believe any race is any better than any other race. But I believe that we have some real, inborn differences that go beyond social constructs. Africa now is a testament to the incompatibility of Western social constructs with African people as a whole. Many black nationalists believe the same thing : that the problems faced by the African Diaspora world wide, from the slums of the US and Hati to Africa are because Africans are being forced to live under social and criminal justice constructs that are more suited to the nuances of the Europeans who invented them. I buy into their arguments. There is some compelling evidence to back this up, in terms of African communities world wide that live under a more traditionally African system and the rates of crime, poverty and other social problems.

I could dig up some links to support my case(it's been a while since I was viewing any sites about this, my opinion wasn't formed last week like most people who feel the need to argue their version of the truth) but I will only continue this with you if you open your mind slightly and stop screaming racist!!! at the top of your lungs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Wolf, I think I get more where you are coming from.

It's Nature vs. Nurture debate.

I personally think that with time human beings can adapt to whatever situation we are put in. Our intelligence has outgrown our instincts to the point where in a lifetime or a few generations a race of people can assimilate/succeed in a culture if they choose (and if that culture is fair in its treatment of different races). Evolution itself is the idea that biology can change over time to adapt to a new environment.

What is happening in the US is that the nuances of the European system you are talking about are outright differences. There are differences between class, gender, religion, and race as to how the construct works. The OP is one example of the differences in the construct between races. Simply put, for some people it is harder to succeed. Minorities fall in that category. They have all faced discrimination in fitting into the construct.

Add to that a cycle of poverty and depravity faced specifically by blacks and it becomes even harder to succeed (I would include Native Americans but they have almost been phased out of our society in terms of numbers). The commonplace treatment of blacks in this country began as something we would consider far worse than torture today. That treatment has significantly improved, but it still not equal.

We probably do have inherent differences, but we have the intelligence to accommodate those into our construct if we choose. As it stands, the construct is imbalanced.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 4:05 pm

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/1322-those-idiotic-jive-talkin-robots-wont-be-back-in-transformers-3-after-all?nc
So much about "Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen" was horrible that
picking a least favorite moment is like choosing between your children,
if you kinda hated your children. But you really can't fall much farther
than "Mudflap" and "Skids," the "urban" robots that, as The New York Times' Manohla Dargis' rightly said, "have been given conspicuously cartoonish, so-called black voices that
indicate that minstrelsy remains as much in fashion in Hollywood as
when, well, Jar Jar Binks was set loose by George Lucas." Director Michael Bay defended Mudflap and Skids (who, in the year 2009, had gold teeth and bug ears), claiming, "We're just putting
more personality in. I don't know if
it's stereotypes -- they are robots, by the way. These are the voice
actors. This is kind of the direction they were taking the characters
and we went with it."

Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 Ymoviesblog-115833853-1305234163
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptySat May 14, 2011 1:11 pm

Thank gawd, though Im sure racists hated those bots as much as anyone.

Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptySun May 15, 2011 12:39 am

I don't know why they think they need to add campy bullshit like that for people, we never asked for it, I could not stand those two, I was cheering when the one went in the giant machines mouth, if he could've just stayed there, hope Bay learned his lesson for the Dark of the Moon.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 6:28 pm

thats hilarious because for a final i had to write a 15 page paper on stereoypes in movies and television, and I usedthem as an example
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 1:05 pm

http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/interracial-marriage-hits-time-high-215600573.html
Interracial marriage in the United States has hit an all-time high, a new study suggests, with a record 1 in 12 marriages taking place between people from different racial backgrounds.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 11:03 pm

interracial marriages at an all time high
divorce at an all time high

IM JUST SAYIN.....
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
interracial marriages at an all time high
divorce at an all time high

IM JUST SAYIN.....

rates of divorce for interracial marriages are much lower then for traditional marriages.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 3:47 pm

really? That would be fascinating to see. Stats to prove it?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 3:51 pm

I think you have to look at it as : compared to what?

are their racist in america? duh
but are americans more tolerant than damn near any other nation on the earth? yes.

So I say no, the nation as a whole is not racist.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 3:57 pm

racist is a loaded term. This is a nation that used to own other people of other races, and now that we have one(sort of) who is a false president and we can all go to same walmarts we pretend that never happened.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:28 pm

Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRItDRhorocbw1H2g1GYmgz3G6_Z2nXM_ip7HoheLfI1MHSjJFSLqYKTHm_
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:59 am

Back to top Go down
mannyfresh
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Royce

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:48 am

Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 4:11 am

there are racists in the US, of course, but i think the terms 'racist' and 'racism' have been distorted from their true meaning in recent times. now it's just a throwaway term that people wave around to suit their own ends in 90% of cases imo.

since the birth of humanity, man has always been wary and distrustful of anyone different to themselves. barriers are slowly breaking down but tolerance and successful integration comes through education (and probably the abolition of organised religion) as opposed to legislation written and imposed by sheltered cunts with no understanding or experience of what racism is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are people in the US racist?   Are people in the US racist? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Are people in the US racist?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5