Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bob Arum's son reported missing.

Go down 
+4
dmar5143
captainanddew
4445Frank
Wolfgangsta
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Bob Arum's son reported missing. Empty
PostSubject: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:12 am

I hope he is ok and I hope the best for Arum.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5517542
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:09 am

Fuck, Death you went after the wrong Arum, when I sold my soul and the souls of several small island countries to you I said BOB Arum, not John Arum. Man. You suck. See you in 60 years. 60, got it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:52 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Fuck, Death you went after the wrong Arum, when I sold my soul and the souls of several small island countries to you I said BOB Arum, not John Arum. Man. You suck. See you in 60 years. 60, got it?
Fucking with the "Reaper" is a big mistake, Wolf. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:05 pm

I saw this yesterday and as much as I loathe, "Bullshit" Bob Arum, I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to his family members. To him? That might be another story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:58 pm

I would never want to go through what he is right now.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:57 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
I would never want to go through what he is right now.
...i agree..
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:03 pm

hope he just got lost in the woods and is found
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:39 am

So I guess they have not found him?
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:42 am

Has anyone checked with Roger or Floyd Sr? Just wondering.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:45 am

4445Frank wrote:
LOL thats messed up Frank. They might be holding him for ransom so they can buy some more crack.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:46 am

soonermark890 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
LOL thats messed up Frank. They might be holding him for ransom so they can buy some more crack.
Hey, that sounds like a plan to me. LOL
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:32 pm

This looks bad. They found his backpack and not him.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:35 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
This does look bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:35 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Thats not good at all. I wish the best for the Arum family. I dont know what I would do in his shoes.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

marbleheadmaui wrote:

This isn't an Evan Tanner kind of thing is it? Not sure if you boxing guys are aware of what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:39 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

This isn't an Evan Tanner kind of thing is it? Not sure if you boxing guys are aware of what I'm talking about.

Tanner from the Bad News Bears?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:40 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

I hope not.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:40 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Former UFC MW Champion Evan Tanner who went on a minimum supplies desert hike and was found dead due to heat exhaustion.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:43 pm

I heard about that. Evan got lost in the desert and died of heat exposure. I'm not certain of the specifics. I think this happened two years ago?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:44 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Former UFC MW Champion Evan Tanner who went on a minimum supplies desert hike and was found dead due to heat exhaustion.

Ahh, a Darwin Award candidate I see!

It sounds like Arum's son is an experienced climber who was trying to climb Washington's 100 highest peaks. It's a dangerous sport. From what I'm reading climbers usually discard their pack when summitting and then grab it on their return. Reading between the lines that sounds like a fall to me. If that is what happened I wouldn't be surprised if he is never found.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:45 pm

4445Frank wrote:
I heard about that. Evan got lost in the desert and died of heat exposure. I'm not certain of the specifics. I think this happened two years ago?

Yep almost exactly 2 years ago. He was a "free spirit" and an unusual kind of guy. Great guy, just marched to the beat of a different drum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:45 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Ahh, a Darwin Award candidate I see!

It sounds like Arum's son is an experienced climber who was trying to climb Washington's 100 highest peaks. It's a dangerous sport. From what I'm reading climbers usually discard their pack when summitting and then grab it on their return. Reading between the lines that sounds like a fall to me. If that is what happened I wouldn't be surprised if he is never found.
That sucks.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:48 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

Yep almost exactly 2 years ago. He was a "free spirit" and an unusual kind of guy. Great guy, just marched to the beat of a different drum.

Sounds like the moron from Into the Wild. I remember reading that book and thinking to myself "Am I wrong for rooting for nature to crush this arrogant little sh-t?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Tanner was an experienced desert hiker too. I think his motorcycle encountered problems while he was out there. I remember when the lead guy from the band Windir died in the Swedish mountains in this same way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 2:03 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Tanner was an experienced desert hiker too. I think his motorcycle encountered problems while he was out there. I remember when the lead guy from the band Windir died in the Swedish mountains in this same way.
Wasnt Tanner like really close to a place where he could have got some help when he died? Also why dont you just be smart and carry a cell phone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum's son reported missing.   Bob Arum's son reported missing. Empty

Back to top Go down

Bob Arum's son reported missing.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next