Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed Empty
PostSubject: Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed   Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 12:26 pm

BoxingScene.com has been advised that a fight between WBC welterweight champion Andre Berto (26-0, 20KOs) and Selcuk Aydin (20-0, 15KOs), the mandatory challenger, is currently being discussed for the fall.

The WBC recently issued an order which directs Berto to make a mandatory defense of his title against Aydin, who won the sanctioning organization's silver title in June. The WBC gave the promoters until September 17 to reach a deal before a purse bid was ordered. I've been told there was little to no interest on the side of Berto - until Aydin gave an indication that he was willing to make the fight in America.

When Berto's promoter, Lou DiBella, was reached for comment, he offered few details, but he did confirm that a Berto-Aydin fight is being discussed.

"I've had discussions over the last few days with [Aydin's promoter] Ahmet Öner," DiBella told BoxingScene.com.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30441
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed   Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 12:39 pm

When HBO doesn't pony up boatloads of cash, then Berto is going to complain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed   Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 12:47 pm

HBO have no interest in this fight, the only reason they're discussing this is probably because Berto is worried about losing his precious trinket.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed   Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:44 pm

After all that shit Dibella talked abut Berto's next fight being on HBO. Berto really hasnt got many options right now. I still dont see why Floyd doesnt fight Berto. Floyd would probably get 80/20 split of the purse. And he can grab that precious green trinket he's always liked.

Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed BeltsPA0605_468x335
Back to top Go down
taylorfleig
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
taylorfleig

Favorite Fighter(s) : boxing-Paul Williams, Deontay Wilder, Tavoris Cloud, mma-Rampage & Brett rogers

PostSubject: Re: Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed   Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:29 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
HBO have no interest in this fight, the only reason they're discussing this is probably because Berto is worried about losing his precious trinket.

I just dont understand why fighters even care about belts. I mean does Berto think that anyone who follows boxing actually considers him the best WW?
Back to top Go down
taylorfleig
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
taylorfleig

Favorite Fighter(s) : boxing-Paul Williams, Deontay Wilder, Tavoris Cloud, mma-Rampage & Brett rogers

PostSubject: Re: Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed   Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:32 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
After all that shit Dibella talked abut Berto's next fight being on HBO. Berto really hasnt got many options right now. I still dont see why Floyd doesnt fight Berto. Floyd would probably get 80/20 split of the purse. And he can grab that precious green trinket he's always liked.

Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed BeltsPA0605_468x335

Not to mention its a pretty easy fight for Floyd. Berto is not outboxing him, and he isn't going to knock Floyd out. Plus its another top 5 WW on Floyds resume, fight really makes sense for Floyd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed   Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:44 pm

taylorfleig wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

I just dont understand why fighters even care about belts. I mean does Berto think that anyone who follows boxing actually considers him the best WW?

Boxers today have deluded themselves into thinking trinkets mean they're a world champion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed   Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed Empty

Back to top Go down

Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin is being discussed
Page 1 of 1