Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does Berto want to fight?

Go down 
+2
Birdofthad
gomez1012
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

Does Berto want to fight? Empty
PostSubject: Does Berto want to fight?   Does Berto want to fight? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Quote :
In works: Berto-Aydin & Caballero-TBA on HBO 11/27 under Marquez-Katisidis in tripleheader. Question is will Berto (Haymon) take short $????

http://twitter.com/danrafaelespn/status/22835327101

Nice card if it happens
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Does Berto want to fight?   Does Berto want to fight? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 7:47 pm

i hope he does its getting hard for me to keep defending him
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Does Berto want to fight?   Does Berto want to fight? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 7:59 pm

He really needs to understand that:
(a) he hasn't really proven that much-if he thinks he has proven he is elite, then he is delusional
(b) he doesn't have a real strong fanbase
(c) HBO has been overpaying him
(d) it is time to stop acting like you are one of the top 4-5 guys in the sport (because you aren't) and go out, fight often, make some new fans, and big money will be rightfully earned
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Does Berto want to fight?   Does Berto want to fight? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Berto should just go to Turkey and fight him for 2 Million. It will be the biggest payday he will ever see and plus its a very winnable fight. I like the fact HBO is giving Berto short money, hes been getting big paydays fighting a bunch of stiffs. Hopefully hes says no and has 1 fight this year like he did last year. Its his career on the line anyhow. Berto and Haymon are fucking it up. Its not like the fans are sooo thrilled every time he fights. If he continues to bring Souljah Boy to preform his entrence to the ring, I may just watch tennis instead.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Berto want to fight?   Does Berto want to fight? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:07 pm

i'm a boxing fanatic, and honestly, I'm more excited about watching, Once Upon a Time in the West, on TCM tonight (a movie I own and have seen at least a dozen times), than any Berto fight.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Berto want to fight?   Does Berto want to fight? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:17 pm

The only reason HBO is considering that fight is because Berto doesn't want to lose his precious trinket.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Berto want to fight?   Does Berto want to fight? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:36 pm

Regardless of who he fights next, Berto is going to have to take a top guy on one day. He has the guts and talent to fight anyone but his father is ruining his career. He doesn't have basic fundamental skills and at this point, could never stand up to Pacquiao, MW or even Bradley (my opinion.). Problem is, nobody has the nerve to point this out to him. Berto needs to keep fighting stiffs or learn how to fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Andre Berto vs Selcuk Aydin has the opportunity to appear on the Nov 27th undercard   Does Berto want to fight? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Days after lightweight champ Juan Manuel Marquez (51-5-1, 37 KOs) decided to remain at 135 pounds to face mandatory challenger Michael Katsidis (27-2, 22 KOs) rather than pursue a junior welterweight title bout with Amir Khan, the fight has come together, according to Golden Boy's Richard Schaefer, who promotes all three. "Katsidis has accepted the deal and Marquez accepted the deal, and we are working on the contracts," Schaefer told ESPN.com. Marquez-Katsidis is slated to take place Nov. 27 (HBO) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. With HBO fall dates tight, Schaefer said he's working with HBO and promoter Lou DiBella on a scenario in which welterweight titlist Andre Berto could defend his belt against mandatory challenger Selcuk Aydin on the undercard. The deal is not done, however, because Berto -- who was paid $1.5 million for his April defense against Carlos Quintana -- would have to accept a greatly reduced purse compared to what he's been receiving, since HBO is not all that interested in the match. If it works out, the card would be a tripleheader and would also include another DiBella fighter: featherweight contender Celestino Caballero in the opener, possibly against Matt Remillard. "The asked me if I was open to having Berto and Caballero on the card and I was fine with it as long as it doesn't cost me," Schaefer said. "I talked to Lou and HBO about it and I'm fine with it."

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/notebook/_/id/5526327/samuel-peter-gets-another-crack-younger-wladimir-klitschko
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Berto want to fight?   Does Berto want to fight? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:01 pm

My bad you posted this already didn't you Gomez ?
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Does Berto want to fight?   Does Berto want to fight? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:05 pm

yep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Berto want to fight?   Does Berto want to fight? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:10 pm

What's the breakdown on the $ Berto's gotten for his fights? How much was he making before Quintana?

I'm wondering if maybe he got a big payday there in good faith (for stepping out of the Mosley fight or because HBO believed the Haitian people would rally around him and make him a star). Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: Does Berto want to fight?   Does Berto want to fight? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:18 pm

Gumby wrote:
What's the breakdown on the $ Berto's gotten for his fights? How much was he making before Quintana?

I'm wondering if maybe he got a big payday there in good faith (for stepping out of the Mosley fight or because HBO believed the Haitian people would rally around him and make him a star). Just curious.

I think Jean Pascal might have the market on Haitian boxing stars cornered at the moment. Besides, its not like that community is in a position to support a guy with lots of ticket sales or PPV buys, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Berto want to fight?   Does Berto want to fight? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:37 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
i hope he does its getting hard for me to keep defending him
I know Right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Berto want to fight?   Does Berto want to fight? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:48 pm

Tobe06 wrote:
Gumby wrote:

I think Jean Pascal might have the market on Haitian boxing stars cornered at the moment. Besides, its not like that community is in a position to support a guy with lots of ticket sales or PPV buys, unfortunately.

I know he got a lot of good publicity and did a lot of work over in Haiti. I was thinking more Haitian Americans supporting him here. But yeah, I agree.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Berto want to fight?   Does Berto want to fight? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:19 pm

1.5 million

What is wrong with HBO? Are they delusional?? Do they realize Berto isn't a star??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Berto want to fight?   Does Berto want to fight? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Berto want to fight?
Page 1 of 1