Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed Empty
PostSubject: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 4:00 am

WBO junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley (25-0, 11KOs) makes his welterweight debut on July 17 against the dangerous Carlos Abregu (29-0, 23KOs). If Bradley is able to get past Abregu, a possible fight with WBC champion Andre Berto (26-0, 20KOs) has been mentioned to him by promoter Gary Shaw.

Bradley's trainer Joel Diaz told BoxingScene.com's official audio show, Leave It In The Ring Radio, that a fight with Berto is certainly possible. According to Diaz, Bradley was approached by Shaw to get his thoughts on taking such a fight at welterweight. Bradley and Berto are not strangers. They sparred against each other as amateurs.

"Oh definitely. I would take it any day. We talked it over with Timmy. As a matter of fact, that [fight with Berto] was mentioned to Timmy," Diaz said.

"Timothy and I talked about it and he said 'I'll fight Andre Berto at 147-pounds.' They already talked about it, Gary Shaw running up to Timothy. He already made some comments over it. You never know. We just have to get through this fight. I am very concerned about this fight [against Abregu]. I am very focused in training right now. "

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=28772
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 8:43 am

1-I'm still rather confused by Bradley's desire to fight at 147 right now when there are big money fights at 140. 2-He isn't going to get the huge fights at 147 (Pac and Mayweather). A fight against Berto won't pay more than a fight against Kahn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 9:51 am

Bradley's turning into a typical payday chaser, he's deluded himself into thinking Mayweather and Pacquiao will give him a payday.

I find it funny how Bradley's suddenly interested in Welterweight now that Devon Alexander has appeared on the scene.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 11:58 am

Ali, that is a completely ridiculous thing to say. I know you are a Khan swinger, but come on. You're spinning it too hard now.

Bradley is taking a high risk, low reward fight to stay busy because the big fights aren't happening at 140 right now. Khan is the $ man of the division, but he is too busy fighting lightweights.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:06 pm

this is a decent matchup..bradleys taking a risk.alexander is not more dangerous then berto..at least the guys willing to challenge himself..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:12 pm

Canvas wrote:
Ali, that is a completely ridiculous thing to say. I know you are a Khan swinger, but come on. You're spinning it too hard now.

Bradley is taking a high risk, low reward fight to stay busy because the big fights aren't happening at 140 right now. Khan is the $ man of the division, but he is too busy fighting lightweights.

LOL we're never going to see eye to eye on Khan or Froch.

The Abregu fight isn't to keep busy, it's to delude Bradley into thinkin Manny or Floyd will take notice and offer him a fight. Timmy started off so positively but now he's turning into Paul Williams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:12 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
this is a decent matchup..bradleys taking a risk.alexander is not more dangerous then berto..at least the guys willing to challenge himself..

Tell that to Juan Urango.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:24 pm

I have given praise to Froch in the past for his toughness and willingness to fight the best. I was very vocal in my praise of Khan's masterful performance vs RuPaullie. Khan can do it all, and has the ability to be great. I was generous in my support of Hatton, Joe, and Lennox. I'm not a brit hater.

Both are acting like punks at the moment, especially Froch. Add in Haye and it leads me to believe there is something in the UK water supply at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:28 pm

What has Khan done to suddenly warrant being called a punk ?

Froch has his rights to complain about Suerland when they've just pulled a fast one over the location for the Abraham fight.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:32 pm

Khan calls himself the world champ, says he wants to stay in the division just long enough to clean out all the best @ 140, then spurns the best fighters in favour of fighting lightweights and hand picked opponents.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Spurns ???

Erm Alexander and Bradley have fights lined up and Maidana is making up lies about a back injury.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:34 pm

You are joking right? Like Bradley wouldn't have taken a Khan fight rather than take on an unkown undefeated welterweight prospect.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Who's side is preventing Khan vs Bradley right now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Canvas wrote:
You are joking right? Like Bradley wouldn't have taken a Khan fight rather than take on an unkown undefeated welterweight prospect.

Bradley already had the fight lined up by the time Golden Boy started looking for opponents for Khan.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:38 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

Bradley already had the fight lined up by the time Golden Boy started looking for opponents for Khan.

FOR DECEMBER ALI !!!!!! I'm quite sure either Alexander or Bradley will make space on their calender for a December date w/ Khan.

Also, seeing as Bradley was willing to cancel his 147 fight for Maidana, I'm pretty sure he would've done the same for Khan.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:41 pm

Perhaps I was wrong to call Khan a punk, but he is saying one thing and doing another.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:42 pm

Khan's not even scheduled his next opponent for December, I would love to see him face Bradley then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:42 pm

Canvas wrote:
Perhaps I was wrong to call Khan a punk, but he is saying one thing and doing another.

Doing what ? He tried to have a keep busy fight next month but Sky Sports shot it down.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:43 pm

fair enough, but you've heard the names being discussed.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:44 pm

omg Ali. You are really seeing things how you want to see them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:45 pm

I am not happy about the names being thrown around, but it's not like Bradley or Alexander are old men, they'll still be here next year.

If Khan stops JMM in good fashion it will give him exposure stateside helping hype a showdown with Bradley or Alexander.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:45 pm

Canvas wrote:
omg Ali. You are really seeing things how you want to see them.

Well how else are you suppose to see a network shooting down a fight ?
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:56 pm

I say he is saying one thing and doing another in reference to our discussion of his opponents - you try to spin it into being about TV dates. If Khan fights Bradley or Alexander in December I will give him full credit.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:58 pm

and if khan really wanted to stay busy, he could have proceeded without SKY. He does have the backing of a small fringe broadcaster called HBO.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 2:56 pm

kahn said after the fight with paulie he wants to fight the best 140 pounders..the question to ali or canvas if they know is..what serious effort has khans folks made to fight bradley alexander maidiana ..talk is one thing by a fighter action to put a fight in place is another..ask haye...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed   Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed Empty

Back to top Go down

Timothy Bradley vs Andre Berto has been discussed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next