Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sublime with Rome.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Sublime with Rome. Empty
PostSubject: Sublime with Rome.   Sublime with Rome. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:30 pm

Tonight at the stone pony.

Im going with my aunt. Ha.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Sublime with Rome. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sublime with Rome.   Sublime with Rome. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 5:35 pm

Cool.

The guy sounds a lot like Bradley, but i wish they would come out with a new name.

Sublime with Rome sound like "Yeah, we were desperately trying to cash in on the Sublime name one last time but Bradley's estate was not having it...but we will get as much interest as Long Beach Shortbus if we leave Sublime out". It's not like this is the first time Eric and Bud have been in a band together since Sublime....they were in the Long Beach Dub All Stars and didnt go calling themselves Sublime because there is no Sublime without Bradley. Eric had some funky basslines but the heart and soul of that band was Bradley Nowell.

I remember Shortbus did a show here. They didnt promote themselves at all...the flier said "Sublime Remembered" and advertised Eric and Bud getting back together with a new singer that sounds exactly like Brad...kind of like Sublime with Rome. However, it turned out to be Eric and his new band Shortbus. They played like 3-4 Sublime songs to start the show and then they started playing their crappy originals.

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Sublime with Rome. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sublime with Rome.   Sublime with Rome. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:38 pm

Ironic. I didn't know they were cashing in on this but I remember Rome being a party to AIC doing the exact same thing last year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

Sublime with Rome. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sublime with Rome.   Sublime with Rome. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:02 pm

I really can't stand sublime but have fun.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Sublime with Rome. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sublime with Rome.   Sublime with Rome. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:39 am

Im cool with calling it Sublime. Everyone knows the deal.

And it was a pretty good show, they roll through songs. one after another, a good solid 2 hours worth. I think I heard some originals, and they were good.

If I have a criticism, it is that they do not deviate much from the recordings, very little by way of freelance jamming.

Crowd was pretty gay too, alot of people(mostly youngens) but zero pits.

Still fun though.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Sublime with Rome. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sublime with Rome.   Sublime with Rome. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Wait, it just dawned on me that the new singer may be named Rome, and this isn't in reference to Jim Rome. I won't wiki or google. Is that the case?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Sublime with Rome. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sublime with Rome.   Sublime with Rome. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Wait, it just dawned on me that the new singer may be named Rome, and this isn't in reference to Jim Rome. I won't wiki or google. Is that the case?

No, not Jim Rome. I really have no idea who the Rome guy I saw last night is, except that he is now the lead singer for the new sublime.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Sublime with Rome. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sublime with Rome.   Sublime with Rome. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:48 pm

You sure you're aren't talking about Jim Rome? He did have a sub for him on the radio today. Might be laying down a few tracks.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Sublime with Rome. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sublime with Rome.   Sublime with Rome. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:06 pm

Well, AIC bastardized themselves last year and went on Jim Rome anyway. Whatever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sublime with Rome. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sublime with Rome.   Sublime with Rome. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sublime with Rome.
Page 1 of 1