Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC

Go down 
+4
NJBeatdown86
Wolfgangsta
OU
icebergsnoopy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
icebergsnoopy
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC Empty
PostSubject: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:46 am

Who do u think should come up to the ufc? from 55 or 45, i dont think any1 at 35 could fight at 55. I would really like to see Ben Henderson
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:05 am

Jose Aldo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:09 am

I want to see the whole organization merged into the UFC.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:16 am

I would rather see some guys in the UFC LW division make the cut to 145 and the WEC. IMO that would be the move competitive move and better for all divisions. If the pay scale was the same you would see a ton of LW make the move and MMA would be better for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:29 am

Ali_1748 wrote:

That would be best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:32 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

That would be best.

I say that because then I'll be able to watch Faber,Cruz,Aldo,Torres etc on tv. Right now not one network shows the WEC in the UK.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:36 am

Well your guys' idea and mine can go hand and hand. Merge the companies and raise the pay scale of the elite smaller fighters and you will see plenty of current UFC LW moving to 145 were they belong.
Back to top Go down
icebergsnoopy
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:41 am

I think the reason they dont merge is bc if they had that many div's it would be harder to build fighters bc u wouldnt see them as much and they would have to put on more free events or more ppv's, they dont wanna put on too many free shows and WE dont wanna pay for too many ppv's lol. IMO
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:50 am

icebergsnoopy wrote:
I think the reason they dont merge is bc if they had that many div's it would be harder to build fighters bc u wouldnt see them as much and they would have to put on more free events or more ppv's, they dont wanna put on too many free shows and WE dont wanna pay for too many ppv's lol. IMO

Yeah but the WEC puts on plenty of free events anyways so wouldn't we just be able to see more free cards? You could have even better free card by combining the Fight Night cards with the WEC free cards. Also what if you got a major network deal and had something like Friday Night Fights? Having the extended roster with more WC would make that far more possible.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:53 am

I donno, I want the whole thing merged but then again an event like last night would have cost 50 bucks if they did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Merge the two so guys like Aldo can make better money. Adding Henderson (who supposed to be doing a seminar at my gym soon) would make 155 even better.

And I'd love to see a 125 division as well. There's a lot more Brazilian talent now, and a few Americans at 135 who could make the cut (Benavidez comes to mind). as well as the Japanese fighters. And I would love to see Alexis Vila (Cuban wrestler, defected to fight MMA) up against tougher comp.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm

The talent pool for 125 is there. They could merge the orgs and 35 and 25 titles could still be largely contested on VS. Everyone is happy.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:47 pm

Jose Aldo and.... yeah, Jose Aldo.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:52 pm

Manviel, Alex Karalexis and Leonard Garcia should all get atleast 1 fight in the UFC at some point in their lifetime. I have an easy time picturing them with the words UFC on their gloves.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:00 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Manviel, Alex Karalexis and Leonard Garcia should all get atleast 1 fight in the UFC at some point in their lifetime. I have an easy time picturing them with the words UFC on their gloves.

They've all already fought in the UFC FYI
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:01 pm

Aldo, Bendo, and Pettis
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:03 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Manny and Garcia need to stay at 145lbs if they want to matter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:31 am

Please no 125 pound division.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:37 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Manny and Garcia need to stay at 145lbs if they want to matter.

Agreed...and even in Garcia's case. People only give a damn because he's exciting...he's not a factor at 145 just like he was not at 155.

If not for a couple BS decisions, Garcia would be on quite a losing streak right now. I thought Massouh and Jung both beat him.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:10 am

ALDO!!!! Duh!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:28 am

Ben Henderson.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 8:19 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

LOL yeah I had no idea, I just so happened to pick a set of guys that have already fought in the UFC. It's not like I remember Alex from TUF or watching Garcia go to war with Huerta or Manny making it to the finals vs Nate or anything. I pray that you know I was just joking.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Jesus they all missed that Joke? Tough break sooners.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 5:28 pm

I figured he was too baked all the time to remember the UFC roster from more than 3 years ago
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC   WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC Empty

Back to top Go down

WEC Fighter u wanna see in UFC
Page 1 of 1