Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Please read.

Go down 
+6
hardcoreBEE24
marbleheadmaui
victor879
Canvas
sugarrayhatton
4445Frank
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
victor879
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Please read.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:10 am

And since you had the nerve to challenge the translations, I'll give you my source:

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/

I'd say the University of Southern California and the Center for Muslim-Jewish Engagement is a solid source. As I said... the translations are completely accurate. You have a severe case of denial.

As for your "redneck" comment -- "I'll take 'Bad Assumptions' for $500 Alex." -- I come from mixed racial heritage.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:52 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
That is not from the Quran. The Quran is in Arabic. Anybody can change the words when it's translated to english. Learn how to read Arabic and read it then for the proper meaning.

Ah the great cop-out!
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:53 am

This topic should be moderated. Frank i am extremely disappointed with you. You were one of the guys at ESPN that had a problem with OT's and political discussions clogging up the boxing forum. This is a sociopolitical topic that has no business being on a boxing forum.

With that said, build a gay bar across the street and see how long that Mosque lasts.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:55 am

Do I sympathize with the idea that religious freedom is religious freedom? You betcha.

But is it pretty clear that this mosque is designed as a provocation? I mean why else would it be done?

Is the President showing what is in my mind a despicable point of view. Well yeah, but that's par for the course.

Is he making a poor political judgement? Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:56 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Lolllllllll. I read Arabic you retard and that's not the translation. You're just a typical racist redneck that believes any lie that he is told and can't think for himself.

So provide accurate translations. Otherwise you're ducking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:01 pm

4445Frank wrote:
It is through regret that I write this thread, for it has nothing to do with our sport. For that reason, I'll make it short and sweet. President Obama has given his blessings to a "Muslim mosque" being built very close to the site of the "9/11 tragedy." This is after Gov. Pattterson (Gov of New York) offered the mosque builders state land in return for building the site else where. I don't have any party affliation and identify myself as an Independent. Maybe my sisters former employment at the WTCenters may have something to do with my attitude on this. Fortunately, her train came late and she missed the attack by a mere 10 minutes. I will say that I know "New York City" and the attitude of the people there towards 9/11. Liberal, Conservative or other, I believe that the people will create a slogan similar to "One Brick Laid, One Brick Burned" in response to this statement being made by Obama and the "Mosque builders." If somebody can quote a modern day presdient on a single decision this offensive and quite frankly, dumb, I'd appreciate it. I don't think Prez. Bush blurbs will suffice. No, I think there's a problem here.
Frank I have a few things to say about this.

First off the people who are building the Mosque have already said they will discuss moving it with the Governor. I dont understand why people watch the news and believe what those people say. Get quotes from the people involved that is the only way to get the truth.

Second President Obama only pointed out the legality of it. I think he should have kept his dumb ass mouth shut but he did not support the decision to put it there and has said 3 times now that he will not comment on the decision to put it there. SO no he did not give his blessings.

Last thing. Why? Why is the entire Muslim religon being blamed for this?
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:02 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
It is through regret that I write this thread, for it has nothing to do with our sport. For that reason, I'll make it short and sweet. President Obama has given his blessings to a "Muslim mosque" being built very close to the site of the "9/11 tragedy." This is after Gov. Pattterson (Gov of New York) offered the mosque builders state land in return for building the site else where. I don't have any party affliation and identify myself as an Independent. Maybe my sisters former employment at the WTCenters may have something to do with my attitude on this. Fortunately, her train came late and she missed the attack by a mere 10 minutes. I will say that I know "New York City" and the attitude of the people there towards 9/11. Liberal, Conservative or other, I believe that the people will create a slogan similar to "One Brick Laid, One Brick Burned" in response to this statement being made by Obama and the "Mosque builders." If somebody can quote a modern day presdient on a single decision this offensive and quite frankly, dumb, I'd appreciate it. I don't think Prez. Bush blurbs will suffice. No, I think there's a problem here.

First off the people who are building the Mosque have already said they will discuss moving it with the Governor. I dont understand why people watch the news and believe what those people say. Get quotes from the people involved that is the only way to get the truth.

Second President Obama only pointed out the legality of it. I think he should have kept his dumb ass mouth shut but he did not support the decision to put it there and has said 3 times now that he will not comment on the decision to put it there. SO no he did not give his blessings.

Last thing. Why? Why is the entire Muslim religon being blamed for this?

Sooner, you're a mod trash this topic. Back to Don King and Chad Dawson.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:02 pm

[quote="soonermark890"]
4445Frank wrote:

Last thing. Why? Why is the entire Muslim religon being blamed for this?[/quote]

The first bold is so naive its not funny. Do you trust Bob Arum quotes?

The second bold you need to prove.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:10 pm

[quote="marbleheadmaui"]
soonermark890 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

Last thing. Why? Why is the entire Muslim religon being blamed for this?[/quote]

Why is that being naive?

The first rule of doing research is to use nothing but primary resources. That is exactly what you are doing with quotes. Never make a judgement without the facts.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:10 pm

Are you guys fucking kidding me with this topic. Put it in the fucking trash.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:21 pm

[x] vote to delete , not trash, hate thread.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:26 pm

[quote="soonermark890"]
marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
4445Frank wrote:

Why is that being naive?

The first rule of doing research is to use nothing but primary resources. That is exactly what you are doing with quotes. Never make a judgement without the facts.

But a quote needn't be an accurate statement of one's intentions. One must find other data that conmforms to it.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:33 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
This topic should be moderated. Frank i am extremely disappointed with you. You were one of the guys at ESPN that had a problem with OT's and political discussions clogging up the boxing forum. This is a sociopolitical topic that has no business being on a boxing forum.

With that said, build a gay bar across the street and see how long that Mosque lasts.
Hardcore, we're human. I think this is an exteme matter. As far as the gay bar goes, you'd be surprised how many mosque members might sneak in there. LOL :
Back to top Go down
victor879
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:42 pm

Why do people call it a hate thread when I quote the Qu'ran and Hadith? The only "hate speech" going on around here is from the Qu'ran and Hadith.

The information is there. The problem is POLITICAL CORRECTNESS has you believing that FACTUAL INFORMATION is hate. Political Correctness ... Can't dare question anything that may offend.

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/

You can check the verses and source for yourself. I'm sick and tired of people playing the "racism" card when people legitimately question the words and teachings of Islam. Islam isn't even a race, it's a religion with political ideals attached to it. Very fascist ideals at that....

Another historical fact Muslims can't stand: Muhammad never stepped foot in Jerusalem. They actually have absolutely zero religious claim to Jerusalem. Historical fact... not hate. Jerusalem was conquered after Muhammad's death. It was a "dream" Muhammad had about being there, nothing more.

Last edited by victor879 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:56 pm

All monotheistic religions have murderous histories, all. But one is more efficient and been more successful than all. Who is it?

Who is winning the war on terror? The answer is, who has killed more of the other sides civilians, of course.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:04 pm

hate to tell you Frank but Obama cant do anything this is a country with FREEDOM OF RELIGION

Obama didnt sell them the land
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:10 pm

But Bird

Please read.  - Page 2 Muslimjesus
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:13 pm

Mustafa, the Lion King wrote:
Republicans picked a losing side on this one. Obama pretty much backed the decision not only because that would give him the most support, but also because it's morally the right one. To say he's "out of touch" with mainstream America by doing this just tells me that either mainstream America is full of racists or the right is just making up a bullshit excuse to back up a losing argument. But overall the response to it has been pretty ignorant. The complaint has been Muslims fundamentalist attacked the trade center and it is suppose to be a symbol of dominance when in reality it is suppose to be about educating people that Islam about peace or basically, not blowing up buildings. Just ignoring the message and trying to promote their message.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:25 pm

I have a solution! Let them build the fucking thing, but we are going to erect a Roman Cathedral in the middle of Mecca!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:04 pm

problem is they arent building the mosque next to the Popes house
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Obama said they have the right to do it which is obviously true. He never said anything about it being a good idea. What does he have to do with any of this?
Back to top Go down
victor879
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 6:50 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Just because you were taught it doen't make it a fact. Every country teaches history to benefit itself and by your moronic statements i'm not going to waste my time with you anymore, so this will be the last message I post in this topic.

I understand. This is a typical response from religious people when presented with historical facts. They don't like it, as it challenges all the lies that have been fed to them their entire life. It really is Earth shattering from the point of view of a religious person.

Believe me, I understand. I have Roman Catholic family members who have given the same close minded response as you have when I bring up Christian history. Emperor Constantine, Council of Nicae, Charlemagne, etc.

You need to open your eyes, and research for yourself. Nothing I said to you was a lie or not based on factual information.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please read.    Please read.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Please read.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2