Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interesting read about Neanderthal Man:

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Interesting read about Neanderthal Man: Empty
PostSubject: Interesting read about Neanderthal Man:   Interesting read about Neanderthal Man: EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:10 am

For those who like this kind of stuff, I was really into prehistoric times and paleotology when I was younger, give it a read.

And Is that Mustafa Al Turk?

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2010/07/06/2010-07-06_neanderthal_man_had_giant_arms_and_a_body_brimming_with_steroids_new_research_su.html
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Interesting read about Neanderthal Man:   Interesting read about Neanderthal Man: EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:12 am

That isn't the full article, it's a shortened version, I'll try and find the other one
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Interesting read about Neanderthal Man:   Interesting read about Neanderthal Man: EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:13 am

interesting read, of course they had longer arms since we came from gorillas/apes/monkeys/ they all had the long arms to roam or swing vines, pretty cool read

makes sense that they were buff as shit
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Interesting read about Neanderthal Man:   Interesting read about Neanderthal Man: EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:18 am

One arm was bigger and stronger than the other (the right arm), like me with my left and Brock's right.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Interesting read about Neanderthal Man:   Interesting read about Neanderthal Man: EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:30 am

hhahahaah dragging women is a great workout
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting read about Neanderthal Man:   Interesting read about Neanderthal Man: EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:24 am

We never came from Apes and I don't believe in Neanderthal Man.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Interesting read about Neanderthal Man:   Interesting read about Neanderthal Man: EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 6:12 pm

Freak your anscestors evolved the belief in religion to cope with life and especially death, so it's no surprise you and most other humans hang on to those beliefs, even if technically they've been proven false. Had to, sorry. Smile

We didn't come from modern apes no, but both chimps and man evolved from the same anscestor about 6 million years ago. The long arms on Neanderthal aren't related to the arboreal habits of our distant anscestors though bird.

Neanderthals were an interesting human species. They too had religious beliefs. They weren't able to communicate nearly as well as we can because the fox p2 mutation that allows for complex verbal speaking happens in Homo Erectus and not in Neanderthal if I recall correctly, who is not a human anscestor. In fact Neanderthal was driven to extinction likely by competition from modern humans.

There used to be a theory that Neanderthals mixed with modern humans but genetic tests recently revealed that to be false unfortunately.

I didn't know about the larger arm, but it makes sense. Otherwise most of this article is common knowledge. Appreciate the gesture LA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting read about Neanderthal Man:   Interesting read about Neanderthal Man: Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting read about Neanderthal Man:
Page 1 of 1