Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Red Sox/Tigers "brawl"

Go down 
+2
Jruq
sdmsnl24
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sdmsnl24
sdmsnl24

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ "The Prodigy" Penn

Red Sox/Tigers "brawl" Empty
PostSubject: Red Sox/Tigers "brawl"   Red Sox/Tigers "brawl" EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 5:44 am

did anyone else catch it? Kevin Youkilis charged the mound at pitcher Rick Porcello. i must say, he made a horrible takedown attempt and got judo tossed for his efforts. i was impressed with Porcello's Karo-like throw. lol
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox/Tigers "brawl"   Red Sox/Tigers "brawl" EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:07 am

Yah, Youk needed to change levels there. It worked out well though, Mike Lowell replaced him and hit 2 dingers.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox/Tigers "brawl"   Red Sox/Tigers "brawl" EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:10 pm

porcello started with elusivness like machida and then a nice throw.

Youkilis = Pwned
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox/Tigers "brawl"   Red Sox/Tigers "brawl" EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:11 pm

also is this a sign that mma/ wrestling takedowns has taken the place of fist fighting in baseball? lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox/Tigers "brawl"   Red Sox/Tigers "brawl" EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:19 pm

I wish they didn't break it up, I think I saw Porcello working for the arm lol
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox/Tigers "brawl"   Red Sox/Tigers "brawl" EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:48 pm

honestly i think the youka would reversed Porcello into mount and would of gnp'd his ass..

I wanted to see Big Papi vs. comeone
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox/Tigers "brawl"   Red Sox/Tigers "brawl" EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:53 pm

CainVelasquezFan wrote:
honestly i think the youka would reversed Porcello into mount and would of gnp'd his ass..

I wanted to see Big Papi vs. comeone

How about Papi vs Prince? The younger Prince would probably maul him though.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox/Tigers "brawl"   Red Sox/Tigers "brawl" EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:01 pm

Atleast Lowell went yard twice. Embarrassing job by Youk though
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox/Tigers "brawl"   Red Sox/Tigers "brawl" EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:35 pm

what baseball player would be the best mma fighter?

i think i got to go with Prince as a Bret Rogers type. But for some reason Pujols reminds me of Wand. I can see him. with an intimidating stair just going nuts like Wandi used to do in Pride
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox/Tigers "brawl"   Red Sox/Tigers "brawl" EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:44 pm

oggy420 wrote:

i think i got to go with Prince as a Bret Rogers type. But for some reason Pujols reminds me of Wand. I can see him. with an intimidating stair just going nuts like Wandi used to do in Pride

Randy Johnson back in the day would have some crazy reach, he really isn't as thin as he looks, he has(or had) a lot more muscle then you would think. I remember his teammates talking about it back in the day.

What about Cubs pitcher and former Notre Dame WR Jeff Samardzija? Good athlete.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox/Tigers "brawl"   Red Sox/Tigers "brawl" EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 4:07 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

Randy Johnson back in the day would have some crazy reach, he really isn't as thin as he looks, he has(or had) a lot more muscle then you would think. I remember his teammates talking about it back in the day.

What about Cubs pitcher and former Notre Dame WR Jeff Samardzija? Good athlete.
I heard that Randy was a blackbely in something, but now that I am googling it I can't find anything.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox/Tigers "brawl"   Red Sox/Tigers "brawl" EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 4:14 pm

Jrug...maybe he was mistaken for this Randy Johnson black belt I just found.
http://www.pbata.com/mma-instructor.html
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox/Tigers "brawl"   Red Sox/Tigers "brawl" EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 4:19 pm

oggy420 wrote:
also is this a sign that mma/ wrestling takedowns has taken the place of fist fighting in baseball? lol
Farnsworth was ahead of the game - good takedowns and gnp - hopefully this link works.
Those links didn't work, but you can find them here:
http://mlbfights.blogspot.com/2007/08/farnsworth-fight-video-kc-royals-vs.html

Fast forward to the 3:59 mark of Detroit KC to see nice takedown by Farnsworth. The cubs reds link gets right into the action.

Last edited by Jruq on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox/Tigers "brawl"   Red Sox/Tigers "brawl" EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 4:20 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Jrug...maybe he was mistaken for this Randy Johnson black belt I just found.
http://www.pbata.com/mma-instructor.html
hehe yah I found him too but nothing on the Big Unit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox/Tigers "brawl"   Red Sox/Tigers "brawl" Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Sox/Tigers "brawl"
Page 1 of 1