Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tony Johnson Jr.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Tony Johnson Jr. Empty
PostSubject: Tony Johnson Jr.   Tony Johnson Jr. EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 6:57 pm

current KOTC champion, beating solid veteran(though undersized) tony Lopez for the title. 4-0. A big boy, about 6' and 265. Excellent HS and Jr. Nat'l wrestling credentials. Was also a HS football standout. Went to Iowa State to both Wrestle and play football. Started the first couple games his freshman year( I think at FB) and scored a TD, but then red shirted. Supposedly earned All American honors in wrestling, but I have not been able to validate that. Left college early when his wife got pregnant.

Possibly played in the AFL and tried out with the Patriots. In HS ran a 4.5 in the 40, weighing 240 at the time, said he ran a 4.7 when he weighed in at 320.

Trains at ATT, good buddies with Duffee. I think he is about 25 yrs of age.

Set to defend his KOTC title on Aug 13th, to be aired on HDnet. Originally set to fight Nick Gaston(another decent looking prospect), but rumors are out there that he may fight Cormier. Which would be a very interesting matchup of wrestlers turned MMA'rs.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/3-7356/MMA-Elite-Prospect-Profile-Tony-Johnson.html

http://www.mmaranked.com/prospects_fighters/prospects_tony_johnsonjr.php

Back to top Go down

Tony Johnson Jr.
Page 1 of 1