Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I COULD BE WRONG, BUT

Go down 
+4
Canvas
sugarrayhatton
4445Frank
marbleheadmaui
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

I COULD BE WRONG, BUT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I COULD BE WRONG, BUT   I COULD BE WRONG, BUT - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:39 pm

I must be too old to understand the "new" politics of the sport.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I COULD BE WRONG, BUT   I COULD BE WRONG, BUT - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:39 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
I don't agree at all Marble, politics have stopped fights from happening ever since the 90's.

Just making excuses. Oscar fought everybody, so did Tito, Manny's done plenty, Ricardo Lopez fought everyone, Izzy and Raffy fought excellent resumes. Need I keep going?

What's that you say, Oscar fought everybody hmm tell that to Winky Wright and Vernon Forrest may he rest in peace. Manny's not fought everybody either ,he's bypassed two divisions with pit stops.

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: I COULD BE WRONG, BUT   I COULD BE WRONG, BUT - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:40 pm

NBrooks5 wrote:

LOL! Yeah, the Mob and Jim Norris and Tex Rickard were all easy to deal with, right Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I COULD BE WRONG, BUT   I COULD BE WRONG, BUT - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:41 pm

NBrooks5 wrote:

Greedy promoters, incompetent network execs, fighters obsessed with just money and not glory, corrupt sanction bodies.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: I COULD BE WRONG, BUT   I COULD BE WRONG, BUT - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:42 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
I don't agree at all Marble, politics have stopped fights from happening ever since the 90's.

Just making excuses. Oscar fought everybody, so did Tito, Manny's done plenty, Ricardo Lopez fought everyone, Izzy and Raffy fought excellent resumes. Need I keep going?

What's that you say, Oscar thought everybody hmm tell that to Winky Wright and Vernon Forrest may he rest in peace. Manny's not thought everybody he's bypassed two divisions with pit stops.

Evander, Erik Morales, MAB, Glen Johnson, Wlad, Vitaly want some more names?????????

The issue is FANS accepting such behavior from fighters.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: I COULD BE WRONG, BUT   I COULD BE WRONG, BUT - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:42 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
NBrooks5 wrote:

Greedy promoters, incompetent network execs, fighters obsessed with just money and not glory, corrupt sanction bodies.

THAT is the issue. THAT is what oughtta be unacceptable to fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I COULD BE WRONG, BUT   I COULD BE WRONG, BUT - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:46 pm

Ok then so from your opinion then Caballero will just fall into the excuses category even though he's being ducked by Gamboa and JuanMa right now.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: I COULD BE WRONG, BUT   I COULD BE WRONG, BUT - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Ok then so from your opinion then Caballero will just fall into the excuses category even though he's being ducked by Gamboa and JuanMa right now.

On the list of not fully tested? All three of them are there at the moment aren't they?

The problem is fans 1) tolerating it and 2) making excuses for it and 3) rating them as if they ARE fully tested.

From there it's a short step to Flomo-land Wink
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: I COULD BE WRONG, BUT   I COULD BE WRONG, BUT - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:52 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

On the list of not fully tested? All three of them are there at the moment aren't they?

The problem is fans 1) tolerating it and 2) making excuses for it and 3) rating them as if they ARE fully tested.

.....yep..perfect anser.
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: I COULD BE WRONG, BUT   I COULD BE WRONG, BUT - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:55 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Nothing is stopping Caballero from taking short money to get these fights.

Well, actually, maybe Arum is.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: I COULD BE WRONG, BUT   I COULD BE WRONG, BUT - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

come on Ali Calzaghe wasnt flat out ducked and you know it my Scottish brethren
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: I COULD BE WRONG, BUT   I COULD BE WRONG, BUT - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:10 pm

1 thing that i being completely over looked in this thread is fighters that were avoided because of the color of their skin
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: I COULD BE WRONG, BUT   I COULD BE WRONG, BUT - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:25 pm

if a fighter cant get a fight, then he cant get a fight, it isnt his fault, its not fair to call him a ducker, or place the blame on him for not fighting, floyd tho, he is being offered huge money, to fight a smaller man, who i believe he beats easily, yet he still wont take the fight, that is ducking, also, as much as i like him, see david haye
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I COULD BE WRONG, BUT   I COULD BE WRONG, BUT - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I COULD BE WRONG, BUT
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2