Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.

Go down 
+3
Ninja
muayjitsu
Wolfgangsta
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. Empty
PostSubject: Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.   Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:04 pm

Alan Belcher pulls out of UFC Fight Night 22 With Demian Maia. From Twitter:
Quote :
While I was in brazil I started losing my vision in my right eye. I saw a dr that told me to go back to us immediately. My friend/surgeon from biloxi got me an emergency surgery scheduled in alabama now just trying to recover. No contact for 6 weeks. Sorry to my trainers. Sorry to ufc & demian Maia, I know he has been training specifically for me. Sorry to my fans as well. As long as I get released from dr I will try to make ufn 22 to see my fans and watch the fights

Oh well, I wasn't keen on this bout anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.   Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:14 pm

I have always been a fan of belcher. Thought he beat akiyama too. Who do you guys think will replace him??
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.   Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:16 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
I have always been a fan of belcher. Thought he beat akiyama too. Who do you guys think will replace him??

Leban.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.   Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:29 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:

Leban.

I don't know I think chris might have went on a food binge after having to fight twice so close.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.   Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:35 pm

god i hope this card gets better cause i want to go cause its on my bday but i dont want to waste my money on a bullshit card
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.   Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:42 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Alan Belcher pulls out of UFC Fight Night 22 With Demian Maia. From Twitter:
Quote :
While I was in brazil I started losing my vision in my right eye. I saw a dr that told me to go back to us immediately. My friend/surgeon from biloxi got me an emergency surgery scheduled in alabama now just trying to recover. No contact for 6 weeks. Sorry to my trainers. Sorry to ufc & demian Maia, I know he has been training specifically for me. Sorry to my fans as well. As long as I get released from dr I will try to make ufn 22 to see my fans and watch the fights

Oh well, I wasn't keen on this bout anyway.

I was it would have been a nice victory for Belcher. Sucks he got hurt but hope he makes a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.   Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Losing vision in his right eye, I hope to god it's not a detached retina.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.   Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:13 pm

It is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.   Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:16 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
It is.

Damn that's ashame, a detached retina is a dangerous injury to have in combat sports.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.   Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:54 pm

That is a very dangerous injury for a fighter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.   Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 8:09 pm

As for a replacement I hope it's not Leben, I want Leben to get a crack at Wandi.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.   Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:06 pm

Wandy is still out for alittle while so Leben could take the fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.   Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:51 pm

Okami !!!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.   Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:54 pm

At first glance, Okami is a nightmare matchup for Maia. Good chance that fight happens though
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.   Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:39 pm

Okami would box Maia's ears off.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.   Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 11:12 pm

man sad to hear that about Belcher hope he heals but like Ali and Im said thats a really bad injury for this sort along with boxing

we have seen to many boxers have their careers derailed because of this, even sadder if it happened in training (which is what hapened to Frazier, and some other great fighters)
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.   Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:55 am

Update

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2728:alan-belchers-vision-is-permantely-damaged-and-he-may-be-forced-to-quit-mma&catid=36:fighters

"I have a detached retina, just lost the vision in my right eye all of a sudden. Just happened all of a sudden man, pretty much over night. I was in Brazil training, I messed around there for a few days and then afterward I had to come home and have a surgery the day after I came home.

I think it happened in training but I don't know exactly when. It might of been from the pressure of the airplane that might have finished it off, but before that I probably had some tears [as in rips] in my retina and it was just from getting hit in the head probably.

A few weeks before I noticed some flashing, kind of seeing stars when I closed my eyes. I didn't really know what that was so I should have got it checked out then but I didn't really think about it until I stated losing my vision. Oh well.

It's going to take a couple months to heal and be at its peak, then I'll know how good my vision comes back. I lost a lot of my peripheral vision and I got that back right away after the surgery, but everything is blurry and distorted pretty much the same as everything was before the surgery. I guess my sight should be getting better...[the doctor] says it's definitely not going to get back to the same but at best it's going to be something like 20/40, 20/60 vision. I'm going to be really near-sighted. I can't see anything far away and when it gets close I can almost see it.

There's going to be more surgeries even at the best case scenario. Worst case scenario is I don't get any better than this, I'm only working with one eye, I probably don't want to risk fighting again because if I lose that one I'm going to be blind."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.   Alan Belcher out of Maia bout. Empty

Back to top Go down

Alan Belcher out of Maia bout.
Page 1 of 1