Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher

Go down 
+6
captain organic
Farmer1906
OU
Birdofthad
KingsOwn19
timthebim
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher Empty
PostSubject: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:51 pm

Not sure if some1 posted this already but they have been named the main event on September 15 for the Ultimate Fight Night leading up to the new season of TUF. This is a sick fight especially being free on Spike. This is my boy Belchers big chance. If he gets a win here he should move up into the title picture talk. Just wondering how u guys think this goes down? Now that I think about it I think we have talked about it already so if we have sorry Boys!!!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 7:13 pm

sounds good.

i got Belcher
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 7:26 pm

Belcher wins unless Maia can get sa sick sub

Im honestly a little bummed though cause i am going to this card no matter what, it will be 40 minutes away (when i start school up) and is on my birthday but the card is not very solid

this is a great non main event fight IMO
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 7:27 pm

https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/mma-f1/belcher-vs-maia-at-ufn-22-t5167.htm

Yeah it was brought up a little while back. But now it is official. Looks like a nice free card on SPIKE. Miller vs Tibau on the card.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 7:29 pm

For being live on Spike I think it is awesome!!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 7:29 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/mma-f1/belcher-vs-maia-at-ufn-22-t5167.htm

Yeah it was brought up a little while back. But now it is official. Looks like a nice free card on SPIKE. Miller vs Tibau on the card.

My bad I figured some1 brought it up cause I thought I remembered talking about it.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:35 pm

I really like this fight. Maia is evolving as a stand up fighter (not there yet) but he needs to remember what he's best at. I think he'll lure Belcher to the floor and end it before the final bell.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I really like this fight. Maia is evolving as a stand up fighter (not there yet) but he needs to remember what he's best at. I think he'll lure Belcher to the floor and end it before the final bell.

He can't hang with Belcher in the standup. Belcher would be smart to avoid Maia's gaurd. Would like to see more standup guys employ the Cung Le philosophy. I knocked you down, points for me, now stand the fuck back up.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:49 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

He can't hang with Belcher in the standup. Belcher would be smart to avoid Maia's gaurd. Would like to see more standup guys employ the Cung Le philosophy. I knocked you down, points for me, now stand the fuck back up.

If Carwin would have did it he maybe the Champ right now!!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:09 pm

timthebim wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

If Carwin would have did it he maybe the Champ right now!!

slightly different....... but not untrue.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:36 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Look how that worked for Herring when he dropped Nog, Berry when he dropped Cro Cop multiple times, or Le when he dropped Smith. And that is just off the top of my head. There are dangers to rushing to finish and to not finishing when there is a chance. The greats just make the right choices when they're in that situation.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:21 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Look how that worked for Herring when he dropped Nog, Berry when he dropped Cro Cop multiple times, or Le when he dropped Smith. And that is just off the top of my head. There are dangers to rushing to finish and to not finishing when there is a chance. The greats just make the right choices when they're in that situation.

difference being Belcher should enjoy a huge adv in the standup vs Maia, Berry did not vs Cro Cop, nor did Herring vs Nog. Le vs Smith is not a great example cause Smith has little by way of a submission game for which to threaten Le(though it could be noted that Le did waste alot of energy trying to finish Smith in the 1st fight, much like Carwin vs Brock).

Bottom line is, Belcher should be able to pummel Maia in a standup affair, so imo, no need to follow him to the ground no matter how rocked Maia is.

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:46 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

difference being Belcher should enjoy a huge adv in the standup vs Maia, Berry did not vs Cro Cop, nor did Herring vs Nog. Le vs Smith is not a great example cause Smith has little by way of a submission game for which to threaten Le(though it could be noted that Le did waste alot of energy trying to finish Smith in the 1st fight, much like Carwin vs Brock).

Bottom line is, Belcher should be able to pummel Maia in a standup affair, so imo, no need to follow him to the ground no matter how rocked Maia is.

Maia lasted 5 rounds on the feet with Anderson and even won one of those rounds. Don't count him out so quickly. His stand up is not as good as Belcher's, but Belcher is no world beater.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:53 am

Quote :

Well we could pick apart the ins and outs like the Herring-Nog fight, Nog wasn't all that hurt really and Herring had no business jumping into his guard no matter what, or fights that were one sided assrapings until a guy Carwin'd out or a fight where the knockdown shots broke hands and the fighter knew it, but instead I'd just say - um you want Belcher to jump into Maia's guard?

Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:17 am

Maia only won the round where Anderson refused to engage him.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Maia lasted 5 rounds on the feet with Anderson and even won one of those rounds. Don't count him out so quickly. His stand up is not as good as Belcher's, but Belcher is no world beater.

But Maia is a world beater off his back.

Add the recent Manhoef fight for an example of where the "just let the dude back up" philosophy should have been employed.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:21 pm

Belcher throws about 50 fucking kicks per round. Either he has to change up strategy or one of them is getting caught and its going to the ground
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:46 pm

I was huge on Damian Maia

and then Marquardt happened
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:50 pm

This is the kind of fight where either fighter is guarenteed to look bad regardless.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 11:04 pm

agree wolf either Belcher gets subbed like Sonnen or Maia gets Knocked the fuck out
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 11:56 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
I was huge on Damian Maia

and then Marquardt happened

So you hoped off the bandwagon? Probably weren't that big of a fan if you let 1 KO scare you away.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 12:05 am

still a fan, thing that hurt was i was telling virtually everyone Maia was gonna sub Nate
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:57 pm

lol@ farmer and his band wagon ass fucking babble. Change your opinion based on new data and you must be a wagonner right?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:45 pm

Wolf some1 called u a band wagon fan 1 time and now all the sudden u throw it out there at every1 all the time LOL???
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:01 pm

Its been way more than once and from multiple people
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher   Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher Empty

Back to top Go down

Damien Maia vs Alan Belcher
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next