Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Couture wants Anderson?

Go down 
+5
Birdofthad
Ludo
Andrew the Raider King
OU
LTFG
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Couture wants Anderson? Empty
PostSubject: Couture wants Anderson?   Couture wants Anderson? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:19 pm

"I'm definitely interested at fighting at 205. I think Anderson would be a great fight. I'm not sure what his perspective has been the last couple of times, though. I think since the Cote fight he's taken on a different style and hasn't been as explosive, not trying to finish fights early on. I don't know if it's concerning, but it's interesting where he's coming from with that. He certainly still has that capability. Maia, Cote, he could have finished those guys if he wanted to take the risk, so I'm not sure what's going on where he doesn't want to step up and take that risk. I think he's a fantastic fighter, and if that's someone they want me to compete against I'd be all over that."

As a seasoned guy, it pains me to see when other people of a certain age start to lose their minds. No one other than those with morbid tendencies want to see this fight, do they?... Why does Randy want to risk retiring on a stretcher? He can't move fast enough for Anderson to want to play it safe (To answer his thoughts in the quote). He would literally be the arthritic and crippled water buffalo that wandered into the hungry tiger's territory in this fight...

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/7/20/1578758/randy-couture-if-the-ufc-wanted-me
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Couture wants Anderson?   Couture wants Anderson? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Yeah saw this yesterday. Anderson has already responded saying he would love to fight someone he respects as much as Randy.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Couture wants Anderson?   Couture wants Anderson? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:38 pm

Not a good fight for Randy, BUT! two tears in a bucket, fuck it! Randy kick his ass.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Couture wants Anderson?   Couture wants Anderson? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Most fighters should have a mental list of guys to avoid... In Randy's case at this stage of his career, guys like Anderson, Machida and Shogun should be at the top of that list.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Couture wants Anderson?   Couture wants Anderson? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:52 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Most fighters should have a mental list of guys to avoid... In Randy's case at this stage of his career, guys like Anderson, Machida and Shogun should be at the top of that list.

Captain America ain't scared of shit!
Couture wants Anderson? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXmmyYhquusGnpzbqJ7IfQcPxU-hrjrW0Za4SQFwXrn2FDtus&t=1&usg=__UAAD8jIM5phzlqTTZDU37nRmfuQ=
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Couture wants Anderson?   Couture wants Anderson? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:00 pm

lol... Obviously. Either that or he has a death wish.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Couture wants Anderson?   Couture wants Anderson? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Actually from a career standpoint this is brilliant. If he wins it's the upset of all time. If he loses he was supposed to lose and lose bad. If he loses so bad he has to retire from the sport then he goes out against the #1 pound for pound fighter in the world. He can't lose from a moral standpoint here.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Couture wants Anderson?   Couture wants Anderson? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:08 pm

if this fight gets made Anderson cnt clown Randy or he will become the msot ahted man in MMA overnight if he isnt already
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Couture wants Anderson?   Couture wants Anderson? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:25 pm

I think he may go easy on Randy, but the smart move would be to take him out quick and go back to banging hookers in Sao Paulo
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Couture wants Anderson?   Couture wants Anderson? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:44 pm

He can't lose from a moral standpoint but from a TBI standpoint he has a lot to lose...

If the UFC makes this fight I don't ever want to hear somone defend the UFC by criticizing the match making of guys like Lashley or whoever, this would be like giving Fedor a fight with Dan Severn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Couture wants Anderson?   Couture wants Anderson? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:13 pm

Severn now or Severn back in the day?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Couture wants Anderson?   Couture wants Anderson? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:31 pm

LMAO! Funny L/C. Look Randy wants to play fighter, he said he want to fight silva? He is Randy Couture, let him get his ass kicked if he wants. If I was Anderson I would decline, because there isn't much to win by beating the old guy up for him. Jon Jones on the other hand?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Couture wants Anderson?   Couture wants Anderson? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Couture wants Anderson, and Shogun, Fedor, Brock, GSP, Cyborg, etc.. what else is new.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Couture wants Anderson?   Couture wants Anderson? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:53 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:

well said
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: Couture wants Anderson?   Couture wants Anderson? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:14 am

While I wouldn't give Couture a real chance at beating Anderson, you have to admire his competitivness. The guy is a competitor through and through and even at age 47, is still willing to go in there against the best in the game. I don't think that the UFC will make this fight, nor should they, but this type of mentality is what is lacking in boxing today. Even Toney said he came to the UFC where they put the best against the best (saying that he can't get fights against the top heavyweights in boxing because nobody wants to fight him -- not much to gain and a lot to lose mentality). We need more of this attitude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Couture wants Anderson?   Couture wants Anderson? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:17 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

Captain America ain't scared of shit!
Couture wants Anderson? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXmmyYhquusGnpzbqJ7IfQcPxU-hrjrW0Za4SQFwXrn2FDtus&t=1&usg=__UAAD8jIM5phzlqTTZDU37nRmfuQ=

Erm Viet.. nah I won't go there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Couture wants Anderson?   Couture wants Anderson? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:20 am

I can understand why Randy wants to face Anderson but he's obviously in denial about the limitations his age prevents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couture wants Anderson?   Couture wants Anderson? Empty

Back to top Go down

Couture wants Anderson?
Page 1 of 1