Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Couture Retires

Go down 
+7
OU
Birdofthad
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
bobbitt15
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
11 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Couture Retires Empty
PostSubject: Couture Retires   Couture Retires EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Couture Retires Picture_1_medium

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/12/14/1876977/ufc-halll-of-famer-randy-couture-retires

Thanks Randy, not for retiring, but for doing what you did.

A blog or a greatness of could be in order here.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Couture Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couture Retires   Couture Retires EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 10:58 pm

He'll always be a legend , a true HOFer

Good choice, I really liked his role in The Expendables

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Couture Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couture Retires   Couture Retires EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:12 pm

Although in recent times its tough to take announcements like these fully serious, I wouldn't be surprised. There aren't enough words to be said about his career
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Couture Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couture Retires   Couture Retires EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:20 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Although in recent times its tough to take announcements like these fully serious, I wouldn't be surprised. There aren't enough words to be said about his career

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Couture Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couture Retires   Couture Retires EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 1:06 am

Now that it's really here, regardless of what I said, there is a sadness knowing it's over.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Couture Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couture Retires   Couture Retires EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 4:30 am

sad to hear I honestly wish he would keep fighting easy fights, I started the Greatness of got to Rizzo, will finish it tomorrow
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Couture Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couture Retires   Couture Retires EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:07 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21759/rep-randy-couture-retirement-announcement-was-premature.mma
But that statement is premature, according to his lawyer and representative, Sam Spira.

"There's been no official announcement," Spira told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) on Tuesday evening. "There's been no decision. Any announcements or decisions would be likely coordinated with the UFC."
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Couture Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couture Retires   Couture Retires EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:28 am

Damn! It sucks for me. Because, if nothing else, as a fighter, you knew when you had to fight Randy, you really did have to fight and you had better game plan or a loss was inevitable. He may not have been Fedor, Royce, GSP, or Silva but he did more to sell the sport than all of them...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Couture Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couture Retires   Couture Retires EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 12:28 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/12/15/1877679/randy-couture-if-the-ufc-offered-me-shogun-or-machida-id-take-the
Quoteworthy:

"I think I’m done. The time is right. I’d fight Machida or Shogun but outside of that, I wanna focus on other things in my life. If [the UFC] offered me Shogun or Machida, I’d take the fight. Otherwise, I think I’m done. [I’m] gonna focus on acting and the businesses."
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Couture Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couture Retires   Couture Retires EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 12:30 pm

OU wrote:
http://www.mmamania.com/2010/12/15/1877679/randy-couture-if-the-ufc-offered-me-shogun-or-machida-id-take-the
Quoteworthy:

"I think I’m done. The time is right. I’d fight Machida or Shogun but outside of that, I wanna focus on other things in my life. If [the UFC] offered me Shogun or Machida, I’d take the fight. Otherwise, I think I’m done. [I’m] gonna focus on acting and the businesses."
Looks like he's looking for a death wish...
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

Couture Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couture Retires   Couture Retires EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Wish he made the decision in a more dramatic way, like at a UFC event or something prior to a headlining bout. He deserves to be honored.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Couture Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couture Retires   Couture Retires EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 5:21 pm

dont worry dana will bring him back to fight machida or shogun if shogun loses to rashad.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Couture Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couture Retires   Couture Retires EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:38 pm

Randy is the face of mma. I don't care what anyone says. The fucking Natural. Thanks for the memories and great fights, and for growing and progressing the sport to where it is today.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Couture Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couture Retires   Couture Retires EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:50 pm

Randy has been an awesome ambassador of the sport and will be missed greatly when it is finally official.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Couture Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couture Retires   Couture Retires EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:07 pm

Its unfortunate that the only 2 fights he would come back for would leave him in an unconscious heap on the mat
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Couture Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couture Retires   Couture Retires EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:59 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Its unfortunate that the only 2 fights he would come back for would leave him in an unconscious heap on the mat

Yeah that sucks but i think what he is trying to say is he only wants big meaningful fights, not Chuck or Tito.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Couture Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couture Retires   Couture Retires Empty

Back to top Go down

Couture Retires
Page 1 of 1