Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cro Cop retires

Go down 
+7
ohiovol62
Andrew the Raider King
timthebim
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
Wolfgangsta
LTFG
11 posters
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Cro Cop retires Empty
PostSubject: Cro Cop retires   Cro Cop retires EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 6:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Cro Cop retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop retires   Cro Cop retires EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 6:20 pm

Sad how it ended.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Cro Cop retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop retires   Cro Cop retires EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 6:26 pm

No one will ever have as many highlight reel head kick knockouts. Tough ending for an MMA legend.
breaksdownintears.jpg
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Cro Cop retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop retires   Cro Cop retires EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 6:38 pm

Good, it was certainly time
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Cro Cop retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop retires   Cro Cop retires EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:08 pm

I hate too see him go but it is time for the legend to step down.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Cro Cop retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop retires   Cro Cop retires EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:49 pm

Thanks for the memories! Everytime I hear "Boot to the head" I will think of you.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

Cro Cop retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop retires   Cro Cop retires EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:18 am

One of the best if not the best strikers of all time no doubt.
Back to top Go down

Cro Cop retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop retires   Cro Cop retires EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:36 am

Sucks for me as a new MMA fan I'll never got to see Cro Cop at his best live Sad

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Cro Cop retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop retires   Cro Cop retires EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:01 pm

I wonder if he could extend his career by cutting to 205. I just think guys his size wouldn't be able to push and dictate the fight as must as the giants he was facing.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Cro Cop retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop retires   Cro Cop retires EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:06 pm

I myself am not so sure a move to 205 would really help. The athleticism at 205 compared to heavyweight is much better. Fighters are far more explosive and refined. I have a hard time seeing him be relevant against the better half of one of UFC's deepest divisions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Cro Cop retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop retires   Cro Cop retires EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:23 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Sucks for me as a new MMA fan I never got to see Cro Cop at his best.

Yeah, and I don't think that FSN is running old Pride fights anymore either. But it would be worth it to get your hands on some Pride DVD's to check him out at his best...
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Cro Cop retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop retires   Cro Cop retires EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:55 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Yeah, and I don't think that FSN is running old Pride fights anymore either. But it would be worth it to get your hands on some Pride DVD's to check him out at his best...

I remember FSN always showing the huge upset by Randleman.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

Cro Cop retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop retires   Cro Cop retires EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 2:00 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

I remember FSN always showing the huge upset by Randleman.

Youtube is a good place to start. Lots of good HL vids of kicking people in the head. The entire Fedor vs Cro Cop fight is on there too if you look hard enough and thats one of the best fights ever.
Back to top Go down
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ Penn

Cro Cop retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop retires   Cro Cop retires EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:55 pm

what a crazy career

head kicks are rare in MMA... being known for KOing people with head kicks and still being able to do it is absolutely unreal

...and then he gets to the UFC and throws like one kick in his five fights, and also gets highlight reel KTFO'd by a head kick
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Cro Cop retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop retires   Cro Cop retires EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Croatian heavyweight, Mirko Cro Cop, has denied claims made by the Croatian media that he has hung up his gloves for good and would never to compete in the sport of mixed martial arts again, saying he would like to complete his final two fights inside the octagon.

Speaking to Nokaut.com, Cro Cop said:

“Although it would be for the best to stay out, I would like to do 2 more contracted fights with the UFC and then end my career. Simply, fights and training are in my blood, I still haven't made my final decision, it can happen that I finish everything day after tomorrow, but I would like to in fact still do it. After the Dos Santos defeat I was hot and the statements were not founded. Things are not all that black.”
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Cro Cop retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop retires   Cro Cop retires EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:11 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I wonder if he could extend his career by cutting to 205. I just think guys his size wouldn't be able to push and dictate the fight as must as the giants he was facing.

+1, he looked so small against even a midsized heavy. Why not give it a go? Not saying it would work, but considering the cut would be minimal, I thought he should try it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cro Cop retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cro Cop retires   Cro Cop retires Empty

Back to top Go down

Cro Cop retires
Page 1 of 1