Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tom DeBlass retires

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Tom DeBlass retires Empty
PostSubject: Tom DeBlass retires   Tom DeBlass retires EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:20 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/11/14/3643876/tom-deblass-retires-after-ufc-macao-fuel-6-loss
DeBlass announced his retirement though his Twitter account:

Quote :
After a lot of talk with my family and Coaches. I have decided to retire from fighting and focus on my family, my Academy, and helping my students to achieve their goals. I have had the opportunity to win the Pan American games, the No Gi World Championships, and National Championships, the Abu Dhabi trials and compete in Abu Dhabi. I have competed all over the world at 30 years old. I fought for Ring of Combat and won their titles. I made it to UFC in a year and a half. I know I am no where near my prime, however I feel my time is better spent else where. I want more then one Academy. At this time I feel it's best for me to give my time to others, and spend more time with my family. The drive to keep fighting is not there any longer. I have an amazing Academy and feel my students need my full attention. Maybe I will return to Jiu-Jitsu competition. Thanks to everyone for the support. It's been an awesome ride. God Bless.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Tom DeBlass retires   Tom DeBlass retires EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:21 am

He was tied for the closest(Jim Hettes) we will ever get to having a NP poster in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Tom DeBlass retires   Tom DeBlass retires EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:23 pm

He is going to start judging, he'll be a shadow judge at the first Bellator show in January.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Tom DeBlass retires   Tom DeBlass retires EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:19 am

Primetyme199 wrote:
He is going to start judging, he'll be a shadow judge at the first Bellator show in January.
I thought I read that he will focus on teaching BJJ as well. Is that true?
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Tom DeBlass retires   Tom DeBlass retires EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:37 pm

OU wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:

Oh yes. He was at the academy teaching the day he got back from China.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Tom DeBlass retires   Tom DeBlass retires EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 5:05 pm

He may not be retired after all. We'll see what comes about.

Last edited by Primetyme199 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Tom DeBlass retires   Tom DeBlass retires EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 5:10 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
He may not be retired after all.
Good.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Tom DeBlass retires   Tom DeBlass retires EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 5:12 pm

OU wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:

He posted this for all the students:
Tonight after the basic class I will train with every single student that wants to train. I would love to train with all the white and blue belts I haven't had a chance to roll with because all of my mma training. If 50 of you show up, I will do a 3 minute match with all 50 of you I promise. Just take it easy on me!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom DeBlass retires   Tom DeBlass retires Empty

Back to top Go down

Tom DeBlass retires
Page 1 of 1