Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tom DeBlass returns from retirement, expected to compete at April's Bellator 95

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Tom DeBlass returns from retirement, expected to compete at April's Bellator 95 Empty
PostSubject: Tom DeBlass returns from retirement, expected to compete at April's Bellator 95   Tom DeBlass returns from retirement, expected to compete at April's Bellator 95 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:09 am

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/01/tom-deblass-returns-from-retirement-expected-to-compete-at-aprils-bellator-95
After a short-lived retirement, middleweight Tom DeBlass (7-2 MMA, 0-0 BFC) is returning to MMA.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed with sources close to the fighter that DeBlass has signed with Bellator MMA and is expected to compete at the promotion's as-yet-unannounced Bellator 95 event against an opponent yet to be named.

A venue for the event also has yet to be revealed.

DeBlass, a New Jersey native and resident, started his career 7-0 and won the heavyweight title and light heavyweight title for the New Jersey-based Ring of Combat promotion before getting the call to fight in the UFC in 2012.

This past April, he made his debut at UFC on FUEL TV 2 in Sweden, replacing an injured Jorgen Kruth to face Cyrllle Diabate on just 12 days' notice, but he dropped a majority decision.

He returned for the promotion's debut in China this past November but again came out on the short end, falling by scores of 30-27 and a pair of 29-28s in his middleweight debut.

He was then released by the UFC and promptly announced his retirement.

"After a lot of talk with my family and coaches, I have decided to retire from fighting and focus on my family, my academy and helping my students to achieve their goals," DeBlass stated on his Facebook page.

Two months later, DeBlass has now decided to return to the sport.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Tom DeBlass returns from retirement, expected to compete at April's Bellator 95 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom DeBlass returns from retirement, expected to compete at April's Bellator 95   Tom DeBlass returns from retirement, expected to compete at April's Bellator 95 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:09 am

I thought PT already made a thread about this but I couldn't find one.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Tom DeBlass returns from retirement, expected to compete at April's Bellator 95   Tom DeBlass returns from retirement, expected to compete at April's Bellator 95 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:45 pm

Boooo
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Tom DeBlass returns from retirement, expected to compete at April's Bellator 95   Tom DeBlass returns from retirement, expected to compete at April's Bellator 95 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:10 am

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/02/bellator-95-curran-vs-shamhalaev-set-with-11-bouts-including-nover-deblass
The full Bellator 95 card includes:

MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 10 p.m. ET)

Champ Pat Curran vs. Shahbulat Shamhalaev - for featherweight title
opponent TBA vs. opponent TBA - middleweight-tournament final
Jessica Eye vs. Munah Holland
Lyman Good vs. Dante Rivera

PRELIMINARY (Spike.com, 8 p.m. ET)

Brian Kelleher vs. Jimmie Rivera
Shedrick Goodridge vs. Sam Oropeza
Darrel Horcher vs. Phillipe Nover
Carlos Brooks vs. Tom DeBlass
Liam McGeary vs. Anton Talamantes
Will Martinez vs. Michael Phillips
Brett Martinez vs. Brylan Van Artsdalen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom DeBlass returns from retirement, expected to compete at April's Bellator 95   Tom DeBlass returns from retirement, expected to compete at April's Bellator 95 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tom DeBlass returns from retirement, expected to compete at April's Bellator 95
Page 1 of 1