Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana White on boxing

Go down 
+5
KrazyHorseBennett
4445Frank
captainanddew
Birdofthad
timthebim
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Dana White on boxing Empty
PostSubject: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:58 pm

Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:07 pm

He does have legit points about Boxing. I do think they have PPV'd there audience down to nothing by not showing good fights on regular TV, but I disagree with the notion that Boxing will be gone at any time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:09 pm

The only thing that annoys me about his opinions is he's just looking at it from an American perspective, the fact the sport is thriving in other countries like Germany doesn't enter his head.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:10 pm

Agree Ali but to him and most that live here America is all that matters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:29 am

Fuck Dana White. He is very much against boxing because he thinks it is good for his sport. I like how he uses Pac vs Mayweather but he has had his own problems called Fedor vs Brock. UFC is not a sport its a promotion company that also ranks and gives their own fighters titles. Thats all. It would be like GBP and Top Rank doing the same thing. That is what SF and UFC are. I like how he says he would have 10 fights before Pac vs May would happen like boxing wont? Give me a fucking break.

Fuck that they used David Gaye as an example like he is the real champ. Fuck both of these idiots neither know what the fuck they are talking about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:32 am

timthebim wrote:
He does have legit points about Boxing. I do think they have PPV'd there audience down to nothing by not showing good fights on regular TV, but I disagree with the notion that Boxing will be gone at any time.
Down to nothing? How many times has the UFC sold over 1 million PPV's. I am sure you dont want to compare it to boxings. He acts like people do not still watch boxing. There are more boxing fans out there right now than UFC fans.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:19 am

sooner sad to tell ya but they are getting close to catching up with bxing and have done it all in 5 years

off top of my head 116, 100, Chuck vs Tito 2, Couture vs lesnar, Griffin vs Evans,

thats 5 alone from 2008 and up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:24 am

Birdofthad wrote:
sooner sad to tell ya but they are getting close to catching up with bxing and have done it all in 5 years

off top of my head 116, 100, Chuck vs Tito 2, Couture vs lesnar, Griffin vs Evans,

thats 5 alone from 2008 and up
How many has boxing had? I am way too tired to think about it or look it up.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:37 am

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:38 am

Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:36 am

There are plenty of writers/people involved in MMA that make points about it and boxing that I'll gladly read.

I can't listen to Dana White. He is a jackass of the highest order.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:34 am

Dana White's diatribe: I have to confess two things. I will never be a fan of the UFC. As a boxing purist, I'd rather rewatch Robinson vs. La Motta 10 more times than watch a UFC fight. However, Dana is spot on about boxing. 100 percent right. When boxing left free tv, it was on it's way down to a slow but steady decline. Interesting that Dana mentioned, USA's Tuesday Night Fights. Gem of a show. Dana's prediction of boxing just going away doesn't scare me at all. Saving boxing is easy. Put on a replica of "USA Tuesday Night Fights." Mexican fighters, some of whom are probably great, would die to come over here and fight on television. Once they bring excitement back for the "purist" boxing fans, other ethnic groups will get jealous and start to put their best out to compete. Competition is the theme of "America." Right now, only a select few boxers attract any envy. That would change with one little free boxing show. If it could somehow be shown on network tv, forget about it. That's a seed that will produce a very strong tree.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:09 pm

Usually Dana makes mouthy, assholish statements regarding boxing. But this time he's point fucking on. Look, I've been enamored with boxing since 1975 or so...as far back as my memory serves I have loved boxing. But as much as hardcore fans want to deny it and get all emotional, the sport is on it's way to being more marginalized than it ever has been. I've personally become less and less interested in boxing over the last two years because I see what a load of bullshit it has become. It breaks my heart because it's a great sport, but I'm starting to feel that my continued support of it merely supports the horribly shitty infrastructure of boxing itself.

Shit, James Toney even sees it.

PC: I know you watch a lot of boxing when you're not preparing for a fight, but you still don't watch too much MMA. What was it like being at UFC 116 and what did you think of the card?

JT: I was impressed with Chris Leben and I was impressed with Stephan Bonnar. They come to fight. That's what the fans want. That's what we need in boxing. We don't need no mismatches, like Chavez and Duddy. Those two guys were garbage; extra garbage. The only reason they give him the props that he got is because of his daddy. His daddy wasn't shit anyway. His daddy lost to Pernell Whitaker and then after that, he fought taxi cab drivers. And they had the nerve to put it on pay-per-view? Oh my goodness. That's why, even though Dana White is a toes-eatin' motherfucker, he puts on good shows every month, you know what I'm saying? In boxing, it's all about the main event, but at MMA events, the people are in their seats at the prelims, dog. When is the last time you seen that from us?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:09 pm

good post krazy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:42 pm

wow never thought I'd agree with James Toney.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Toney always came through for me. One of my all time favorite fighters. ATG James Lights Out Toney.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:45 pm

timthebim wrote:

How many PPV's does UFC have a year?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:56 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Probably at least 12! Point is I will pay for a UFC ppv because it isnt just 1 fight like Boxing is anymore. U know if Mayweather and Pac fought they would be paying them so much money there wouldnt be another good fight on the card. Happens all the time in Boxing. Every1 wants to see the main event but nobody ever is on the boxing boards talking about any undercard fights! Thats the difference right now between Boxing and MMA. I used to order Boxing ppvs all the time but for entertainment for my money MMA ppvs are just better. Like I said I disagree that Boxing is dying because it will always be around but like it or not it is down right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:11 pm

timthebim wrote:
SlickMoneyXL wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Probably at least 12! Point is I will pay for a UFC ppv because it isnt just 1 fight like Boxing is anymore. U know if Mayweather and Pac fought they would be paying them so much money there wouldnt be another good fight on the card. Happens all the time in Boxing. Every1 wants to see the main event but nobody ever is on the boxing boards talking about any undercard fights! Thats the difference right now between Boxing and MMA. I used to order Boxing ppvs all the time but for entertainment for my money MMA ppvs are just better. Like I said I disagree that Boxing is dying because it will always be around but like it or not it is down right now.
I disagree we talk about a ton of undercards over here. You just do not come over here and read what we talk about them. Also there is only two fights on most UFC cards that the average fan gives two shits about. Its all the same.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:30 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
SlickMoneyXL wrote:
timthebim wrote:

I disagree we talk about a ton of undercards over here. You just do not come over here and read what we talk about them. Also there is only two fights on most UFC cards that the average fan gives two shits about. Its all the same.

Definitely not true!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:36 pm

timthebim wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
SlickMoneyXL wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Definitely not true!

I mean the casual fan. I probably watch it a little more than a casual fan does and I usually see two fights on every UFC card that I one know both fighters and two care about.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:38 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
SlickMoneyXL wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Definitely not true!

I mean the casual fan. I probably watch it a little more than a casual fan does and I usually see two fights on every UFC card that I one know both fighters and two care about.

This is 1 of those agree to disagree things I think!
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:42 pm

If you go to ESPN's board which has a cross section of casual fans, fight freaks, etc..., you will find that for a big boxing PPV, the Main event is the subject of 98% of the discussion.

This isn't espn. We talk about the undercard fights.

Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:43 pm

I'd criticize Adamek's english, but it is 10,000 times better than my Polish.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Perez finally with some nice moves. Perez pushed Barros off a tiny bit and then hit Barros with the right uppercut. Good move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White on boxing   Dana White on boxing Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White on boxing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next