Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana White

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Dana White Empty
PostSubject: Dana White   Dana White EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 3:31 pm

I love DW, but it seems his mouth is causing more and more problems over the last year. Is it time for Lorenzo to make a change or is it a ploy by LF to use Dana as the fist to his velvet glove?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Dana White Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White   Dana White EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:29 pm

He still draws eyes to the sport. Until he does something to really damage the company, he will have the reigns...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Dana White Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White   Dana White EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:31 pm

What if he causes the collapse of what would have been the biggest season of TUF ever while simultainiously allowing the best fighter in the world to fight un countered on cbs because he was rude and insulting to him and caused negotations to breakdown several times, forcing him to the rival company?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Dana White Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White   Dana White EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:37 pm

Like I said, if he does something to damage the company or its rep, Lo needs to drop the hammer or shove Dana to a seen and not heard status...
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Dana White Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White   Dana White EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 5:02 pm

IDK Wolfy, from everything I have read, they still never met with Fedor. Finky did all that and they got everything they wanted, but co-promotional status but allowed to wear all the M-1 crap he wanted. Also, word has it that LF did most of the talking, so I doubt it got rude or ugly during negotiations. As for Rampage, if you know the guy is emotionally fragile and lacks enough education to understand that he needs to make changes to better himself, you handle that person a little more carefully. However, he did fly out and bail Page out of prison right away. I know that seems small, but when you consider the cost of a flight on a private plane? It cost a lot more than bail.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

Dana White Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White   Dana White EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:33 am

I hate Dana White. He's is on bad terms, or has been on bad terms with just about every legend of the sport. He's a side show, he served his purpose but now I think he's holding the sport back. No mainstream sports writer takes him serious.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Dana White Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White   Dana White EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:21 am

Im torn honestly on White. I like his brashness and no bullshit approach, but there have been significant periods where I despised everything about him and how he handles fighters.

It's no coincidence that he's had trouble with the majority of UFC major stars and legends. Pat Miletich, BJ Penn, Frank Shamrock, Randy Couture, Tito Ortiz, Rampage Jackson, Andrei Arlovski, Tim Sylvia, Fedor, Frank Trigg and the list goes on.

But as for Fedor, even after the last negotiations fell through Fedor still cited the disrespect White showed him the first time and in the media. Sometimes you can't mend fences.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Dana White Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White   Dana White EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:22 am

Also, it's likely the UFC would be even bigger than it is now if someone other than White was in charge. "The right deal" Ok Dana, I'm sure the "right deal" comes after Bellator and Strikeforce get major ones?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

Dana White Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White   Dana White EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:28 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Also, it's likely the UFC would be even bigger than it is now if someone other than White was in charge. "The right deal" Ok Dana, I'm sure the "right deal" comes after Bellator and Strikeforce get major ones?

It's likely that the UFC would be nonexistant if someone other than White was in charge.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Dana White Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White   Dana White EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:53 am

Bigs03 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

It's likely that the UFC would be nonexistant if someone other than White was in charge.

Maybe, but it wasn't White's idea for the reality show. He opposed it in fact. Also this idea sort of leads into a mentality than White is more responsible for the sport's popularity due to marketing than the sport's merits in themselves. I don't know if I buy that.

But maybe both are true. White grew it to a point, and now maybe holds it back some what?
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Dana White Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White   Dana White EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:18 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Im torn honestly on White. I like his brashness and no bullshit approach, but there have been significant periods where I despised everything about him and how he handles fighters.

It's no coincidence that he's had trouble with the majority of UFC major stars and legends. Pat Miletich, BJ Penn, Frank Shamrock, Randy Couture, Tito Ortiz, Rampage Jackson, Andrei Arlovski, Tim Sylvia, Fedor, Frank Trigg and the list goes on.

But as for Fedor, even after the last negotiations fell through Fedor still cited the disrespect White showed him the first time and in the media. Sometimes you can't mend fences.

The Fedor vs UFC thing all started when the negotiations started the first time right after they bought PRIDE. Dana acted indifferent towards him, wanted him to fight for peanuts and talked shit about him publically. Is M1 taking advantage of Fedor? Of course, but all big time athelete has his handlers/scavengers. Sadly the Fedor, UFC thing will prolly never happen. Sure Fedor's side has been tough to deal with lately but Dana's disrespectful ways burned that bridge a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Dana White Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White   Dana White EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 10:04 am

They offered him peanuts? Really? From what I have heard and read they offered him one of the biggest contracts in the history of the sport. This second time, they did in fact offer him the biggest contract in the sport. So he didn't like Dana or what he had said? What does that have to do with business? No the problem wasn't that, it was they (M-1 Global) wanted to be business partners without the headaches associated with building the number one promotion in the sport. But I do think Dana needs to get his nuts clipped.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

Dana White Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White   Dana White EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 1:12 pm

There isn't gonna be a change anytime soon I don't think. Eventually Dana will move into a different role, it'll be interesting to see how the UFC fairs after that happens.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Dana White Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White   Dana White EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
They offered him peanuts? Really? From what I have heard and read they offered him one of the biggest contracts in the history of the sport. This second time, they did in fact offer him the biggest contract in the sport. So he didn't like Dana or what he had said? What does that have to do with business? No the problem wasn't that, it was they (M-1 Global) wanted to be business partners without the headaches associated with building the number one promotion in the sport. But I do think Dana needs to get his nuts clipped.

Well fact remains, both sides are equal in fault. Too bad though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dana White Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White   Dana White Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White
Page 1 of 1