Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana White comes out swinging against TRT

Go down 
+3
Ludo
oggy420
GDPofDRC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Dana White comes out swinging against TRT Empty
PostSubject: Dana White comes out swinging against TRT   Dana White comes out swinging against TRT EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:27 pm

http://www.mmaopinion.co.uk/2013/02/15/dana-white-trt-is-cheating-and-im-100-percent-against-it/

“TRT has become a way for people to cheat. If this is what your normal level should be and then you have guys training at huge levels (of testosterone) for their whole camp then tapering down to get to normal levels before the fucking fight, that’s cheating, and I don’t like it anymore.”

“There are plenty of guys in the UFC that are naturally gifted and talented fighters. If you’re testosterone levels are too low then you’re probably too old to be fighting, stop fighting! “

“We can test everybody. I’m telling you right now, if you are using testosterone replacement therapy, get ready motherfuckers because we’re going to test the shit out of you.”

“Some things recently have lead me to believe that people are fucking cheaters, people are taking good things and turning it into a bad thing and if you want to play those games then guess what, we’ll play!”

“There’s so much shit out there. Right now there’s banned substances and and we follow the regulations and we’re going after the banned substances, TRT was never one of them and they would be tested leading up to the fight to make sure the levels are good. If you’re on TRT now, you’re going to wish you weren’t. We’re going to test the living shit out of you.”

“You have guys that go in there 100% natural with his talent and natural ability, against someone on TRT, basically someone thats on steroids. I’m absolutely 100 percent against TRT and now I’m going to start fighting it 100 percent with the athletic commissions and I want nothing to do with it.”

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White comes out swinging against TRT   Dana White comes out swinging against TRT EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:31 pm

wow. Kinda shocked. Bravo Dana, this needed to be said.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dana White comes out swinging against TRT   Dana White comes out swinging against TRT EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:36 pm

I like the more testing stuff. That's been one of my gripes with TRT, does having the exemption just mean you are free to go juice crazy up until fight drug test time? The therapy should be designed to elevate testosterone at all times to normal levels similar to how a diabetic utilizes insulin to keep their blood glucose at normal levels. If a guy is on TRT, there should be no opportunity to over medicate and abuse it. Consistent testing will weed out any fakers. But people who have a medical condition that prevents their endocrine system from creating testosterone at a normal rate should still have the opportunity to use the therapy to return their levels to one not above what is considered normal.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Dana White comes out swinging against TRT   Dana White comes out swinging against TRT EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Aside from that, I wonder if this has something to do with a fighter on the card tomorrow night? This all smells of Insta-Dana reaction talk.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White comes out swinging against TRT   Dana White comes out swinging against TRT EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:42 pm

idk im pretty much against it across the board. There are supplements you can take to promote natural testosterone production. Im not saying this is always the case, but a lot of athletes cheat the system.
I actually made a post on this in the sports section the other day :

First step is buying it illegally, through the black market and start using. When you use this testosterone and cycle off, your natural testosterone levels are gonna drop and your nuts are gonna shrink. Then they go to their doctor to get their testosterone levels checked, and of course the doctor than tells them that they have really low testosterone levels. Of course the athletes aren't telling their doctors that they are cycling of synthetic testosterone. From here they can now be legally prescribed pharmaceutical grade testosterone. Even if they are in their 20's and 30's they can get a prescription. It is a scam.

Now if you are a pro athlete you can get a T.U.E or therapeutic use exemption. So say an athlete is tested by the Nevada State Athletic Commission or even WADA, and their test is flagged for elevated testosterone. All they have to do is show his T.U.E to the commission and claim they have a mdeical reason for it. So in other words, if you are a pro athlete and get busted for testosterone like certain mma fighters have, you gotta be pretty fucking dumb or completely out of the loop of how pro athletes use testosterone. Things that actually do lower your testosterone levels are taking damage to the brain, pain killer abuse, and of course anabolic steroid use.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Dana White comes out swinging against TRT   Dana White comes out swinging against TRT EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 pm

You forgot cutting weight as a common cause of low testosterone, Oggy.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Dana White comes out swinging against TRT   Dana White comes out swinging against TRT EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:50 pm

No exemption for a usage that elevates levels beyond normal is what I'm getting at, and a standardized testing that allows for a consistent and frequent testing procedure. If they can't do those things, then there is no exemption granted, which at this time could mean universally. TUE should be an exemption simply to use, not use and be consistently unmonitored and over-elevated.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Dana White comes out swinging against TRT   Dana White comes out swinging against TRT EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:55 pm

I've been saying for a while, these commissions are not qualified to be regulating it this issue, they are not adequate to manage the TUE system in a way that can minimize abuse. Their is need for budget and staff that they will never get for it either.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Dana White comes out swinging against TRT   Dana White comes out swinging against TRT EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 12:55 pm

In most cases if these guys didnt cycle anabolics earlier in their careers they would not "need" TRT now. I think TRT is cheating no matter what the circumstance.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Dana White comes out swinging against TRT   Dana White comes out swinging against TRT EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 4:24 pm

I don't care who did what in the past, but I care about how things are in the present, levels not above what is considered normal all the time, that is all that should be acceptable for any treatment exempted.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Dana White comes out swinging against TRT   Dana White comes out swinging against TRT EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 5:10 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I don't care who did what in the past, but I care about how things are in the present, levels not above what is considered normal all the time, that is all that should be acceptable for any treatment exempted.

problem is there is a huge variation in normal levels. You could have a low normal range that could be tripled before it got out of the high normal range. To me thats a huge advantage

Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White comes out swinging against TRT   Dana White comes out swinging against TRT EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:26 pm

First you're for it now you're against it, make up your mind already Dana.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White comes out swinging against TRT   Dana White comes out swinging against TRT EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:40 pm

Quote :
"I don't like it, and I'm going to fight it. And if you are using TRT in the UFC, we're going to start testing the s--- out of you through your entire camp."

"There have been a couple of situations that have changed my mind about it," White said. "You know me. I'm always telling you what I think, anyway, but without getting into it, I don't think I have to. When you see guys coming in that look like they're on steroids, yet they have a TRT exemption?"

"I don't know enough about it because everybody that we talk to about it – you can talk to four of the smartest, most educated, rational people about it, and they'll be split on what the answers are," White said. "Then you start talking about ratios and testosterone-to-epitestosterone. What? This is too complicated. This is bulls---. All these little goofy loopholes. I don't like it.

"If you're tested during your training camp, there's a number that you should be at. That better be where your f---ing number is when you get tested."

"Listen, I'm no f---ing scientist, man, and every time we try and talk abut this stuff, I sit there and my head just spins, and I say this is bulls---," White said. "If it's this f---ing complicated and this many people don't understand it, it can't be good. It can't be good.

"Again, I said this [Friday] at a Q&A for fans, just so that you guys understand this. It's how I feel, and it's what I'm working on. What I said was, 'If you're on this testosterone replacement therapy, I'm coming for you. We're going to be testing you, and I'm working with the athletic commissions.' I haven't said anything to the athletic commission, but I'm going to make it very clear that I'm not a fan of testosterone replacement therapy."

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/02/ufc-boss-dana-white-targeting-testosterone-users-im-coming-for-you
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Dana White comes out swinging against TRT   Dana White comes out swinging against TRT EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 2:51 am

too bad half Dana's roster is using TRT. Whats next Vince McMahons gonna crack down on steroids....oh wait, Vince tests harder than Dana....think about that
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Dana White comes out swinging against TRT   Dana White comes out swinging against TRT EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Quote :
Chael Sonnen, of all people, is praising Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White, who vowed to make life miserable for abusers of Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT).

Those are strange words to type, considering the source.

The UFC 159 headliner delivered his message on a recent episode of UFC Tonight to inform mixed martial arts (MMA) fans he's already been tested for TRT ahead of his April 27 title fight against Jon Jones, scheduled for the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ, and he's glad someone is finally taking a stand against the "abuse."

"I love that he has changed his stance. Don't ever be afraid to change your opinion when confronted with new evidence. Now, for me, this is Dana White's crowning moment, both as a leader and also from an integrity standpoint. No executive anywhere, whether it's a sports or business executive, would shine a light on his own organization and say, 'Hey, we've got a problem and it needs to be addressed right now.' And I'll tell you, we're not just talking about testosterone use, guys, we're talking about abuse. He did the right thing.... And it's already been started since this announcement has been made -- I was tested four days ago."

Rest easy, "Bones," your opponent -- who is reportedly 240 pounds and "ripped" -- is still playing by the rules.

Past and present inductees into the TRT club include Dan Henderson, Forrest Griffin, Vitor Belfort and Frank Mir, among others. The train went off the rails when Alistair Overeem returned a 14:1 testosterone-to-epitestosterone (T/E) level during a surprise drug test last May.

And "The Phenom" fiasco didn't help matters any.

Sonnen, who reportedly suffers from hypogonadism (his nads are sperm challenged), was bagged and tagged by the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) back in August 2010 for improperly disclosing his TRT prior to his first fight against Anderson Silva in Oakland.

It cost him six months on the sidelines.

"The American Gangster," who will be 36 by the time he fights Jones, has since properly disclosed his TRT use (which began back in 2008) to athletic commissions prior to competing in the states of Illinois at UFC on FOX 2, Texas at UFC 136 and Nevada at UFC 148.

You can expect another therapeutic use exemption (TUE) when he returns to the Octagon in April.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Dana White comes out swinging against TRT   Dana White comes out swinging against TRT EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 1:34 pm

Irony.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White comes out swinging against TRT   Dana White comes out swinging against TRT Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White comes out swinging against TRT
Page 1 of 1