Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shobox

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

Shobox Empty
PostSubject: Shobox   Shobox EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:13 am

Didn't watch the fight, but Antwone Smith got TKOd in the 9th round.

Prior to tonight's fights, people had been talking heavily about Mike Jones and Smith. Not so good for Smith now.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Shobox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shobox   Shobox EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:15 am

I didnt see it either wonder if it was a good fight??
Back to top Go down

Shobox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shobox   Shobox EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:44 am

Both fights were good.

Smith may have came in with a bug, but he made no excuses. Real fun inside fight where it went back and forth the whole night. Smith seemed to control the action early but faded and Tyner was hitting harder down the stretch. He put a big lump on Smith's right eye and closed it in the later rounds. Tyner gave him a real good body shot with a hook right on the swollen eye and Smith called it off when he got up.

Jones was handling Garcia. Garcia fought bravely and got some shots in but Jones looked like he was busier, stronger and sharper. Jones caught him with a low blow after he was beating him up in the corner, but the ref didn't catch it and they counted Garcia out. Jones probably would've ended it in a round or two.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

Shobox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shobox   Shobox EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:12 pm

Good summary Gumby

Smith vs Tyner was a nice brawl throughout, battling it out in the trenches until Tyner took over with some heave body blows stopping Smith. No shame in that L

Jones, looks solid, big guy for WW.

I still wouldnt mind seeing the two go at it or Jones vs Tyner if he cant Berto in the fall

Fun card
Back to top Go down

Shobox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shobox   Shobox EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:29 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
I still wouldnt mind seeing the two go at it or Jones vs Tyner if he cant Berto in the fall.

I don't know how Tyner gets inside. I think Jones would beat him up pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

Shobox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shobox   Shobox EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 7:09 pm

True, still be interesting to see

Tyner showed a good chin and some deceptive power

BTW, Saul Alvarez wiped out Tyner via 12 rd decision some time last year. Crazy lol
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

Shobox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shobox   Shobox EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 8:00 pm

Watched the Jones fight on youtube. Should have caught that low blow.

He looked pretty good.
The good:
1-Fast hands
2- good combination punching
3-Athletic
Now for the bad:
1-His footwork wasn't always good when throwing combinations. More than a couple of times he got off balance when doing so.
2-On defense I would like more head and upper body movement. He can be rather stiff standing there and covering up. He needs to use his athleticism and adopt more movement rather than covering up when fire is coming.
3-That jab-he needs to pop that thing. Often he just sticks it out there. Tarver commented correctly early in the fight that he throws the jab at the target, not through the target. So true.

I think he needs a step up fight in between a guy like Garcia and a guy like Berto. That's my opinion.
Back to top Go down

Shobox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shobox   Shobox EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 4:53 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Watched the Jones fight on youtube. Should have caught that low blow.

He looked pretty good.
The good:
1-Fast hands
2- good combination punching
3-Athletic
Now for the bad:
1-His footwork wasn't always good when throwing combinations. More than a couple of times he got off balance when doing so.
2-On defense I would like more head and upper body movement. He can be rather stiff standing there and covering up. He needs to use his athleticism and adopt more movement rather than covering up when fire is coming.
3-That jab-he needs to pop that thing. Often he just sticks it out there. Tarver commented correctly early in the fight that he throws the jab at the target, not through the target. So true.

I think he needs a step up fight in between a guy like Garcia and a guy like Berto. That's my opinion.
He needs a lot of work before he goes after a guy like Berto. All the top 7 guys would KO him right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shobox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shobox   Shobox Empty

Back to top Go down

Shobox
Page 1 of 1