Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ShoBox Last night

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

ShoBox Last night Empty
PostSubject: ShoBox Last night   ShoBox Last night EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:42 pm

Surprised there's been no mention on this. Two quick, but very entertaining fights. Coleman's KO was a thing of beauty. KO of the year?

Even though the fight only lasted 3 rounds Coleman and Lopez both fought hard and Lopez was able to get some great bodywork in. Coleman's still a ways away, but he showed a lot.
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

ShoBox Last night Empty
PostSubject: Re: ShoBox Last night   ShoBox Last night EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:48 pm

it was on friday gumby and you are right both fights were great. coleman now has his old trainer in roger mayweather and for a guy coming in with only 4 kos we looked like a power puncher against lopez. he certainly makes thing even more interesting for the already stacked junior welter weight division.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

ShoBox Last night Empty
PostSubject: Re: ShoBox Last night   ShoBox Last night EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 1:18 pm

Good fun. But the main event fighters were just awful. One guy standing in front of another staring at each other not moving their hands or their feet? These guys better improve or else. In the first fight the low blow won it.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

ShoBox Last night Empty
PostSubject: Re: ShoBox Last night   ShoBox Last night EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 1:19 pm

The KO of the year by a mile is Henkel almost decapitating Enzo.
Back to top Go down

ShoBox Last night Empty
PostSubject: Re: ShoBox Last night   ShoBox Last night EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 1:26 pm

I'm a sucker for guys stumbling around and looking silly.

I think the lack of footwork had to do with both guys thinking they could just stand in the pocket and beat the other guy. When they did move some it got real sloppy and they tripped all over each other.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

ShoBox Last night Empty
PostSubject: Re: ShoBox Last night   ShoBox Last night EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Gumby wrote:
I'm a sucker for guys stumbling around and looking silly.

I think the lack of footwork had to do with both guys thinking they could just stand in the pocket and beat the other guy. When they did move some it got real sloppy and they tripped all over each other.

I think that's probably right. But who hell thinks you have to stop moving your feet to stay in the pocket? I mean it was like watching the Flintstones boxing or human rock'em, sock'em robots where both kids were tired.
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

ShoBox Last night Empty
PostSubject: Re: ShoBox Last night   ShoBox Last night EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:27 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

I agree Marble. Enzo getting flattened was definitely KO of the year so far.

I knew it wasn't going to work out for Lopez last night when the Ref announced that he was from "Londonberry NH". It's Londonderry. You would think an emcee could at least get the fighters hometowns correct.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

ShoBox Last night Empty
PostSubject: Re: ShoBox Last night   ShoBox Last night EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:38 pm

NBrooks5 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

I agree Marble. Enzo getting flattened was definitely KO of the year so far.

I knew it wasn't going to work out for Lopez last night when the Ref announced that he was from "Londonberry NH". It's Londonderry. You would think an emcee could at least get the fighters hometowns correct.

LOL, and then the annoucers said it was a town of 800 people and I'm thinking "Wait a minute, I've been to Londonderry and there are 15-20,000 people there."
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

ShoBox Last night Empty
PostSubject: Re: ShoBox Last night   ShoBox Last night EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:43 pm

They must think we don't get cable in the backwoods of New Hampshire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ShoBox Last night Empty
PostSubject: Re: ShoBox Last night   ShoBox Last night Empty

Back to top Go down

ShoBox Last night
Page 1 of 1