Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tips for Brock...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

Tips for Brock... Empty
PostSubject: Tips for Brock...   Tips for Brock... EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:32 pm

What would be your tip for Brock going forward? What should he work on specifically?

From what I have seen, he's not an explosive puncher so he has no business being in a stand-up brawl. So I think Brock needs to learn to jab and live at the end of it. Honestly, he should enlist someone like Tim Sylvia who is also pretty slow, but made a decent career off his reach. If Brock can keep superior strikers at the end of his jab, then that could force them to clinch, which would play right in his hand. The jab is an underutilized weapon in MMA and Brock has the potential to have one of the most deadly.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Tips for Brock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Brock...   Tips for Brock... EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:53 pm

I would say Brock needs to definitely work on his standup. He was exposed by Carwin as being pretty robotic and slow. I know he has new boxing coaches and he still has a long way to go but to stay champ for a while he needs to work on his standup.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Tips for Brock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Brock...   Tips for Brock... EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:04 pm

He needs to set up his shots with strikes more. If he is going to win more fights with Carwin or any with Cain he's gonna have to find tricky ways to get guys down. He'll also need to work on timing shots with strikes.

I donno, all the shit all fighters need to work on. This is like a "what does Kimbo need to do" discussion. The answer is everything, and more than he'll be able to learn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Tips for Brock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Brock...   Tips for Brock... EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:15 pm

I'm not talking about Brock becoming a kickboxer all of the sudden. Just simple things he could add to his game. Tweeks that could prevent him from what we all knew would happen in the first round.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Tips for Brock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Brock...   Tips for Brock... EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:12 pm

I didnt know Carwin would do that too him in the 1st round LOL.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Tips for Brock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Brock...   Tips for Brock... EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:13 pm

stand up and work on changing levels better

it was so obvious vs Carwin when he came out with his lead left leg so far out that he was gonna shoot in the first minute and he did (I called it with friends who were like what the hell kind of stance is that)

Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Tips for Brock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Brock...   Tips for Brock... EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:14 pm

Yeah Wolf ur right for his takedowns he needs to strike better. A good jab could do wonders for him and really help him in his development.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Tips for Brock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Brock...   Tips for Brock... EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:33 pm

Well, I knew that Carwin would overwhelm him with punches and stuff the takedown, I just assumed he would win with that formula. I didn't predict Brock gutting through all of that and never thought it possible that he would go for a submission.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Tips for Brock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Brock...   Tips for Brock... EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:41 pm

Yeah that fight had alot of surprises in it!
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Tips for Brock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Brock...   Tips for Brock... EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:48 pm

It was awesome. I'm actually a big Brock fan now.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Tips for Brock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Brock...   Tips for Brock... EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:49 pm

I have been a huge Brock fan but Carwin definitely gained another fan in me.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Tips for Brock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Brock...   Tips for Brock... EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:55 pm

band wagon?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Tips for Brock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Brock...   Tips for Brock... EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:57 pm

For Brock or Carwin?? I have always been on the Brock hype train u should no that. Since he came in too MMA I have been with him but Carwin really impressed me by taking it too Brock the way he did.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Tips for Brock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Brock...   Tips for Brock... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:07 am

I've lost respect for Shane with all the excuses following the fight. He's still a deadly guy and would probably beat Brock in a rematch. His skills allow him to hurt opponents with less effort than Brock requires.

I wouldn't say that I'm on Brock's bandwagon, but I've gained a ton of respect for him. Honestly, that performance reminded me of a great Nog win, where he takes his opponent's best shot then subs him.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Tips for Brock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Brock...   Tips for Brock... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:09 am

Wolf hates Brock dont mind him LOL.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Tips for Brock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Brock...   Tips for Brock... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:17 am

boomer sooner wrote:
I've lost respect for Shane with all the excuses following the fight. He's still a deadly guy and would probably beat Brock in a rematch. His skills allow him to hurt opponents with less effort than Brock requires.

I wouldn't say that I'm on Brock's bandwagon, but I've gained a ton of respect for him. Honestly, that performance reminded me of a great Nog win, where he takes his opponent's best shot then subs him.

As have I, Carwin's been kind of a bitch. You couldn't stop the fight dude, blame yourself not the ref
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Tips for Brock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Brock...   Tips for Brock... EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:18 am

He has to say that kinda shit just too stay in the picture I think. Maybe he thinks that will make Brock want to fight him again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tips for Brock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips for Brock...   Tips for Brock... Empty

Back to top Go down

Tips for Brock...
Page 1 of 1