Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Timothy Bradley vs Devon Alexander targeted for January 29th

Go down 
+3
captainanddew
Deezy0814
hardcoreBEE24
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Timothy Bradley vs Devon Alexander targeted for January 29th  Empty
PostSubject: Timothy Bradley vs Devon Alexander targeted for January 29th    Timothy Bradley vs Devon Alexander targeted for January 29th  EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:29 am

There have been discussions for a junior welterweight unification on January 29 between WBC/IBF champion Devon Alexander and WBO champion Timothy Bradley. Bradley's promoter, Gary Shaw, said there are no issues making the fight with Alexander's promoter, Don King. HBO Sports President Ross Greenburg is really pushing to make the unification a reality.

Bradley returns on July 17, as a welterweight, against unbeaten Carlos Abregu. Alexander defends his titles against Andriy Kotelnik on August 7. Provided both Bradley and Alexander come out on top, the wheels will continue to turn for a January showdown.

"It's newsworthy that HBO wants Bradley and Alexander to fight on that big date, which is Jan. 29. It's the biggest HBO date. One of the biggest of the year because it sits right in front of the Super Bowl. I just don't have a deal done with HBO. But HBO is on board saying that they would like to do the fight very much," said Shaw.

"I've not discussed money with them. I've not discussed anything with them other than the date. If HBO puts the right amount of money on the table, then the fight will happen. Unless Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao come knocking, then the fight between Bradley and Alexander will happen if the money is there."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=29009
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Devon Alexander targeted for January 29th    Timothy Bradley vs Devon Alexander targeted for January 29th  EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:39 am

Would love to see this in November or December. January is long time to wait and a long time for things to go wrong.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Devon Alexander targeted for January 29th    Timothy Bradley vs Devon Alexander targeted for January 29th  EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:40 am

i wish devon would drop the pos king, but this is gonna be a hell of a fight when it happens
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley vs Devon Alexander targeted for January 29th    Timothy Bradley vs Devon Alexander targeted for January 29th  EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:47 am

Deezy0814 wrote:
i wish devon would drop the pos king, but this is gonna be a hell of a fight when it happens

They both like to engage I just hope Bradley doesn't go all