Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line

Go down 
+4
marbleheadmaui
gomez1012
4445Frank
dmar5143
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line Empty
PostSubject: Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line   Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 3:41 am

A junior welterweight unification between WBC/IBF junior welterweight champion Devon Alexander and WBO king Timothy Bradley is inching closer to deal. Their promoters, Don King and Gary Shaw, met with HBO Sports President Ross Greenburg, and Senior Vice President of Sports Kery Davis on Thursday. A deal was reached, which includes a 50-50 split between the fighters.

The only thing left is for both fighters to accept the deal. King, who handles Alexander, and Shaw, who promotes Bradley, will return to their fighters with the financial figures for their approval.

"HBO made us an offer that I accepted and that Don King accepted. Now we have to go back to the fighters and see if they'll accept the offer. If they do, then the fight is on. If they don't, then there will be no fight," said Shaw. "The fight is absolutely, 100 percent a 50-50 split. I don't discuss money, and I won't discuss any of the other terms except to say that it's a 50-50 split. Both sides are equal partners."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30207
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line   Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:59 am

there should be no reason for the fighters not to accept..the fight starts next year off in a big fashion and i think we will see several more big fights to follow..what i like to see is a huge reduction in cancelled fights or fighters after agreeing to terms change there mind before they sign a contract....hopefully this fight is a motivator for other fighters.

Last edited by dmar5143 on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line   Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 8:18 am

I don't think Bradley will have much of a problem here.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line   Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:57 am

4445Frank wrote:

+1

Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line   Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:20 pm

4445Frank wrote:

Yup.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line   Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:57 pm

Dollars to donuts Alexander's people come up with some reason that prevents this fight from happening.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line   Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:59 pm

Now everyone's off the Alexander bandwagon? I'll be picking Alexander The Great to win this one.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line   Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:14 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:
Now everyone's off the Alexander bandwagon? I'll be picking Alexander The Great to win this one.

I'm high on him too, I just think that DK will behind the scenes do something to convince the alexander team that they aren't ready for this,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line   Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:19 pm

SlickMoneyXL wrote:

Not really, I still believe Alexander will give Bradley all he can handle.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line   Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:18 pm

Bradley is a Jr WW Holyfield to me, can box, fight on the inside, willing to trade, and uses his head!
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line   Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:38 pm

Bradley will rough up Alexander. Wait until that dome starts crashing into Alexander.
Back to top Go down
nano212
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
nano212

Favorite Fighter(s) : JMM, Rafaell Marquez, Pac and David Haye

PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line   Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:56 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Bradley will rough up Alexander. Wait until that dome starts crashing into Alexander.

Yup! I hope its a good competitive scrap, I see Bradley winning the fight and Alexander's wanting do it again and losing again just like SSM vs Forrest, SSM vs Winky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line   Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line Empty

Back to top Go down

Devon Alexander vs Timothy Bradley deal is reached, all that's left is to sign on the dotted line
Page 1 of 1