Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do foreign fighters get respect in the US?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Do foreign fighters get respect in the US? Empty
PostSubject: Do foreign fighters get respect in the US?   Do foreign fighters get respect in the US? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:03 pm

Europeans? Central Americans? South Americans? Africans? Asians? Australians? Canadians?

I think that a lot of it depends on exposure. I didn't see Dzinzurik until this year and I think really highly of him? It makes me think of all the fighters I don't know much about. Maidana was a relative nobody in the states until he blew out Ortiz and now he's a name among boxing fans. Do we get exposed to the best talent? Do we properly rate the quality of foreign fighters? Does their lack of exposure here influence our opinion of them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do foreign fighters get respect in the US?   Do foreign fighters get respect in the US? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:04 pm

Gumby wrote:
Europeans? Central Americans? South Americans? Africans? Asians? Australians? Canadians?

I think that a lot of it depends on exposure. I didn't see Dzinzurik until this year and I think really highly of him? It makes me think of all the fighters I don't know much about. Maidana was a relative nobody in the states until he blew out Ortiz and now he's a name among boxing fans. Do we get exposed to the best talent? Do we properly rate the quality of foreign fighters? Does their lack of exposure here influence our opinion of them?
If they do they have to earn it big time.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Do foreign fighters get respect in the US?   Do foreign fighters get respect in the US? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:43 pm

Ask Roberto Duran and Alexis Arguello that question. For that matter, ask Manny Pacquiao. We have an ex president, George W. Bush,who's his number one fan. If you're good, we love you. If you suck, we hate you. There ya go.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Do foreign fighters get respect in the US?   Do foreign fighters get respect in the US? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 9:43 pm

Arguello, Pac, Duran, Azumah Nelson, Chavez, GOmez, Benitez, ya they definitely get respect
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Do foreign fighters get respect in the US?   Do foreign fighters get respect in the US? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 12:10 am

carlos monzon sergio martinez duran brute chuvalo cerdan sr kahn benvenutti terry downs kasidis spelling arguello kid chocolate panama al brown the 2 french middles from the late 40s early 50s nino valdez fedirico thompson edwardo laussee nicoli locche dulio loi sandra mazziini spelling barry mcguigan spelling etc etc i can go on and on..they all got big time respect..first we got to see you fight..we dont go by press clipings..if you preform well even in defeat you get praise..if you stink ala brian london erskine dick richardson etc etc you get no praise..you get a honest opinion not hero worship from us..i for one am tired of the americans give no respect..we got to see you fight first..does that not make sence..maybe just maybe the europeons overrated a lot of there fighters..fight world class and win often and we see you you will get respect..its that simple..hey ask alan green if this board respects him now..hes american..
there are a lot of europeans and south americans that make up a huge portion of the rankings..did that go unnoticed..is that not respect....this topic is unfair nonsence..sorry..
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Do foreign fighters get respect in the US?   Do foreign fighters get respect in the US? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 12:14 am

nooo lack of exposure does not influence our opinion of a fighter for noooo opinion is made unless we see them fight..we can look up there record and see a bunch of tomatoe can wins yes that makes us wonder for sure..
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Do foreign fighters get respect in the US?   Do foreign fighters get respect in the US? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 2:56 am

Birdofthad wrote:
Arguello, Pac, Duran, Azumah Nelson, Chavez, GOmez, Benitez, ya they definitely get respect

+1
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Do foreign fighters get respect in the US?   Do foreign fighters get respect in the US? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 3:05 am

shoot even Hatton belongs, he got respect in the US
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do foreign fighters get respect in the US?   Do foreign fighters get respect in the US? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 2:10 pm

What about active fighters?

And what about the guys that aren't champions or undeniably great?
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Do foreign fighters get respect in the US?   Do foreign fighters get respect in the US? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 2:50 pm

gumby look hahn is active is he not.same with sergio martinez..do not the rankings by ring mag and dan raheal whos dam good at it reflect plenty of foreign fighters in the ratings.is that not recogonition or respect.how many fighters are undeniably great today..a few.is JMM active morales and others at the end of there career still respected...again name names of fighters that have been underserving of there so called lack of respect..how can anyone give praise to a fighter there not aware of..you cant period..the usa fighters was calvin brock eddie chambers thompson given great respect just because there from the usa..nope.they got little or none..whos the welterweight strap holder i think from the ukraine..who the fuck is he..do you respect him and why...name me all the foreign fighters you feel are given the cold sholder by usa fans and we will let the board here with usa members tell us 1.who is he2.are they familar with them etc etc...are there not many fighters here in the usa and in the world many of us dont give a shit about..absolutely yes..thats not lack of respect at all..ill bet there fighters that you dont care about one way or another..again name names..if you cant then consider the topic closed...thanks..enjoy a great lazy weekend everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do foreign fighters get respect in the US?   Do foreign fighters get respect in the US? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do foreign fighters get respect in the US?
Page 1 of 1