Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout

Go down 
+2
WinstonSmith
Andrew the Raider King
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout Empty
PostSubject: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:05 am

What insight! 'Jiu-jitsu is also not likely to come into play.' Really? You think Dave?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AgW4A1Q_7KKFaauN_4DP8SU5nYcB?slug=dm-lesnarcarwin063010
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:22 am

Carwin by TKO in Rd.2.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:26 am

BJJ could easily come into play if one guy gets on his back in the form of sweeps and top game. In MMA, wrestling and MMA skills bleed into eachother. Askren can't defeat Hornbuckle without BJJ skills first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:27 am

Brock by TKO in rd 2
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:53 am

Really, i had Carwin via traingle choke 1:09 in the first round

..but really Dave, i'd rather hear what you think about the upcoming John Cena/Sheamus bout...not MMA.

Yes...that means seat taken...we don't take kindly to your kind...piss off.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:59 am

Kingsown, that was not exactly what I was thinking, but I think you hit the nail on the head.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:12 am

Melzer may have dubious connections to prowrestling and it is annoying how he covers them as if they're on the same level, but mostly he is a good reporter. Anyway BJJ skills could easily come into play and the fight could possibly be decided on them.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:22 am

i hate how i read his play by play for events and he uses wrestling terms like heel heat, babyface pop, promo, etc. When he's discussing MMA.

"...Josh Koscheck cuts a heel promo"

"Josh Thomson is very over as a babyface with the San Jose crowd"
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:30 am

As a former "smark" during the late 90s I don't mind as much. I have a severe love-hate relationship with "the business". The business in itself and much of it's history is great but the modern fan and the modern variant is disgusting and offensive. Maybe it always was and I was too young to realize.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:35 am

Don't get me wrong...i'm a recovering smark myself and there is nothing wrong with pro wrestling in my book, though todays product sucks but it's just so corny when Dave tries to talk about it like its the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:04 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Don't get me wrong...i'm a recovering smark myself and there is nothing wrong with pro wrestling in my book, though todays product sucks but it's just so corny when Dave tries to talk about it like its the same thing.

+1

I agree on both counts. I have done pro style wrestling as a wrestler and more often as a ref. My biggest contention is stupid people think that pro-wrestlers never get hurt. They are always injured, but they work anyway, because that is how they support their families. Which explains why I like Ric Flair so much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:14 am

I hate Ric Flair. Bret Hart ftw.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:18 am

DO THE NATURE WALK !!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:15 pm

Kings how old are you and when did you follow wrestling?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:17 pm

Brock by 3rd round TKO.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 6:35 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Kings how old are you and when did you follow wrestling?

I'm 23.

I was literally a die hard pro wrestling fan from as early in my childhood as i can remember to about 2001. After WWE botched the whole WCW thing i stopped watching for about 6-7 years. For the last two years i tried to get back into it with TNA but it just didnt work out.. It's just not as good as it once was and it's not that i grew out of it....I still love the old stuff but it seems there has not been a real star and amazing personality in pro wrestling since Stone Cold, The Rock and Goldberg were the shit back in the late 90's. All the wrestlers are the same and everything else is just rehash
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 6:39 pm

I finally find out

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 6:41 pm

find out what?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 6:42 pm

That you're not in your mid-30's like I thought
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout   Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout Empty

Back to top Go down

Dave Meltzer's insight into the Lesnar/Carwin bout
Page 1 of 1