Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hopkins, Jones, Tarver all avoided Road Warrior

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Hopkins, Jones, Tarver all avoided Road Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Hopkins, Jones, Tarver all avoided Road Warrior   Hopkins, Jones, Tarver all avoided Road Warrior EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 5:49 pm

Isn't it funny how Roy Jones and Hopkins have mentioned many times in the last few years how they would be interested in fighting Glen Johnson again, yet in reality made no effort to make a fight w/ him?

Isn't it odd how Tarver never showed a shred of interest in making a trilogy fight despite being 1-1 and trading Ring championships with Glen?

Isn't it strange how the great Joe Calzaghe, who was never afraid of taking on the best, never set a new date w/ the road warrior after he scuttled their fight?

You know Glen would have signed on the dotted line for any of them.....

and after all this, Glen never proclaimed to the media that he was the most avoided fighter in boxing, unlike several of the younger fighters today who price themselves out of fights. This is why I am such a fan of Johnson.

"I'm not the best. I'm just a guy willing to fight the best"
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins, Jones, Tarver all avoided Road Warrior   Hopkins, Jones, Tarver all avoided Road Warrior EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 6:55 pm

The Road Warrior is a guy that represents alot of what is right with the sport. He always seemed to be in great shape. He fights hard. He gets the most out of his abilities.

I noticed in his last fight against Dawson his balance looked a little bit off. That being said, he still should give Cloud a stern test when they meet. I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins, Jones, Tarver all avoided Road Warrior   Hopkins, Jones, Tarver all avoided Road Warrior EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 8:52 pm

He is 1 of the guys that once u fight 1 time u realize u dont want to do that again.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins, Jones, Tarver all avoided Road Warrior   Hopkins, Jones, Tarver all avoided Road Warrior EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:10 pm

Canvas wrote:
Isn't it funny how Roy Jones and Hopkins have mentioned many times in the last few years how they would be interested in fighting Glen Johnson again, yet in reality made no effort to make a fight w/ him?

Isn't it odd how Tarver never showed a shred of interest in making a trilogy fight despite being 1-1 and trading Ring championships with Glen?

Isn't it strange how the great Joe Calzaghe, who was never afraid of taking on the best, never set a new date w/ the road warrior after he scuttled their fight?

You know Glen would have signed on the dotted line for any of them.....

and after all this, Glen never proclaimed to the media that he was the most avoided fighter in boxing, unlike several of the younger fighters today who price themselves out of fights. This is why I am such a fan of Johnson.

"I'm not the best. I'm just a guy willing to fight the best"
There ya go Canvas. "I'm not the man. I'm just looking for the man." Arguably, boxing's hardest working fighter. I'd back him against anyone in the LH division. If he lost (Mostl likely by a bad decision), I'd back him again. Likable guy. Fearless warrior.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins, Jones, Tarver all avoided Road Warrior   Hopkins, Jones, Tarver all avoided Road Warrior EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:56 am

Joe Calzaghe was the one who blatantly avoided Glen Johnson, three times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins, Jones, Tarver all avoided Road Warrior   Hopkins, Jones, Tarver all avoided Road Warrior Empty

Back to top Go down

Hopkins, Jones, Tarver all avoided Road Warrior
Page 1 of 1