Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I've lost all respect for the British press

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

I've lost all respect for the British press Empty
PostSubject: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Here is the latest insult to journalism from the Mirror. On Haye vs Fraudley:

Adam Booth, when we met him last week for lunch, admitted he would "hate" to see this fight happen and I couldn't agree more with him.

There are plenty more credible opponents for Haye to fight, even if the Klitschko brothers look like avoiding him.

Yes, you read that correctly. Sickening. No wonder the casual fans over there are so delusional. This is the information they get.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/david-anderson/2010/06/18/audley-harrison-does-not-deserve-david-haye-battle-of-britain-115875-22342464/
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:23 pm

haha. i always say how much i hate the klits but i have to side with them on this one because haye is clearly ducking them.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:21 pm

the K brothers lol avoiding haye and theses guys call themselves sportwriters..they better cover cricket or wheres the best tasting tea in london for boxing and whats happening they know zero about...shills for haye looks more like it..next bring on brian london or dick richardson for haye..that probably could make money there also..ihope the stiiff koes him early...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Canvas I am sure you've lived long enough to know not to paying attention to Brittish newspapers.

The only paper I occasionally look at is the Sunday Times.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:13 pm

what is wrong with great tasting tea in London?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:16 pm

captainanddew wrote:
what is wrong with great tasting tea in London?

Come again ?
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:54 pm

the K brothers lol avoiding haye and theses guys call themselves sportwriters..they better cover cricket or wheres the best tasting tea in london for boxing and whats happening they know zero about...shills for haye looks more like it..next bring on brian london or dick richardson for haye..that probably could make money there also..ihope the stiiff koes him early...

So I said, whats wrong with great tasting tea in London.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:04 pm

theres nothing wrong with the tea in london..used it as a reference point meaning instead of covering boxing they should write about great tasting tea places in london or if they were usa writers id suggest write about where to get a good pizza cause they know zero about the fight game.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:09 pm

I know what your point was DMAR.

I love tea. I'm the one American who feels like he was born in the wrong country. I really should have been British.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:11 pm

You'll be shocked to discover that I don't drink tea Smile
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:13 pm

captainanddew wrote:
I know what your point was DMAR.

I love tea. I'm the one American who feels like he was born in the wrong country. I really should have been British.
...loil im italian and yes i love my red wine...
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:17 pm

Canvas, I found the article to be incoherent. In other words, I agree that the writer was delusional. I can't make sense out of what is happening in London or Germany in terms of boxing. It's better left ignored.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:20 pm

you don't drink tea, Ali??? come on man. Thats like an American who doesn't eat junk food all the time and get fat as hell (yeah, 90% of Americans seem to do that).

My best friend is a typical fat American. He'll drive around the Walmart parking lot for 10 mins looking for an up close parking space. Every year a ton of people crash at his house for about 3 days over New Year's holiday. After 3 days of bacon as part of breakfast, doritos or Dairy Queen blizzards for afternoon snack, my little brother was like, man, you can't eat bacon, chips, and blizzards every single day. My friend responds, "what are you, a health freak??"

The typical fat American. No exercise, eat all the junk food possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:21 pm

It's the Daily Mirror, that's one the tabloids that make stuff up about celebrities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:22 pm

captainanddew wrote:
you don't drink tea, Ali??? come on man. Thats like an American who doesn't eat junk food all the time and get fat as hell (yeah, 90% of Americans seem to do that).

My best friend is a typical fat American. He'll drive around the Walmart parking lot for 10 mins looking for an up close parking space. Every year a ton of people crash at his house for about 3 days over New Year's holiday. After 3 days of bacon as part of breakfast, doritos or Dairy Queen blizzards for afternoon snack, my little brother was like, man, you can't eat bacon, chips, and blizzards every single day. My friend responds, "what are you, a health freak??"

The typical fat American. No exercise, eat all the junk food possible.

I wish he was my father.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:33 pm

True story from an American Wal Mart. I was at a Walmart in Berlin Md (right outside of Ocean City, Md), the other weekend when we were visiting my in-laws.

Ocean City, Md. is a tourist trap. Berlin being a few miles away, is busy during the summer. The Walmart parking lot is jammed. No up close spaces. No problem. My wife parks in the back and my wife and I walk up. We get inside, then my wife smacks me on the arm and says listen to that guy.

I look over and listen closely and there is a 350 pound dude complaining to a Walmart employee that there was nowhere to park. More specifically, he is complaining that he had to park at the end of the lot and walk. He was getting louder and louder.

It was freaking bizarre.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:36 pm

lol lol..they could have fat ass parking spaces like they do handicap parking..they will fill up fast lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:36 pm

It wasn't John Goodman by any chance ?
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:41 pm

I like tea too. CaptAndrew : there is an obesity problem in GB as well.

I don't mean to sound anti british. I love England. I'm Canadian by birth for God's sake. I m just not happy with GB's top boxers or the awful sports press at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:43 pm

The Question I have is: what are you doing at a WalMart ? You could not pay me to set foot in a WalMart. In addition to being an evil corporation, they are tacky.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:45 pm

awwww walmart..the few ive been in about 5 of them inside the store the majority of the customers look like a huge police lineup..
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 8:21 am

dmar5143 wrote:
lol lol..they could have fat ass parking spaces like they do handicap parking..they will fill up fast lol.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've lost all respect for the British press   I've lost all respect for the British press Empty

Back to top Go down

I've lost all respect for the British press
Page 1 of 1