Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October Empty
PostSubject: Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October   Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:39 am

• Contrary to various reports, super middleweight titlist Lucian Bute won't defend his title in his native Romania on July 24. Rather, Bute will wait until September or October and fight in Montreal, his adopted hometown, Don Majeski, an adviser to Bute promoter InterBox, told ESPN.com. Majeski said Bute's fall foe could be mandatory challenger Jesse Brinkley or "if there's some other opponent HBO wants, let us know." There has been talk about an eventual match between Bute and former middleweight champ Kelly Pavlik, who is moving up in weight. "We'd love to coordinate Bute's next fight with a Pavlik comeback fight on HBO," Majeski said. Bute and Pavlik both fought April 17 on a split-site HBO doubleheader, Bute blowing out Edison Miranda in Montreal and Pavlik losing the middleweight title to Sergio Martinez in Atlantic City.

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/notebook/_/id/5248629/miguel-cotto-confident-emanuel-steward-helm
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October   Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Bute vs Brinkley aint bad

Really have no interest in watching Pavlik in the ring with him, he needs to work his way up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October   Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:09 pm

I wonder what happened to the Sakio Bika rematch in Romania.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October   Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:30 pm

Bute taking a break or just saying no thanks to a unnecessary rematch

Bute vs Andrade III? lol

Bute vs Taylor? hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October   Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:34 pm

I actually think Brinkley is the perfect comeback opponent for Pavlik, winner gets mandatory status for Bute. It just makes perfect sense to me.

It's a shame Stieglitz has no interest in risking his trinket vs Bute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October   Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:37 pm

Canvas wrote:
I actually think Brinkley is the perfect comeback opponent for Pavlik, winner gets mandatory status for Bute. It just makes perfect sense to me.

It's a shame Stieglitz has no interest in risking his trinket vs Bute.

Yup he was offered the fight and turned it down.Weird since he was willing to face Miranda.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October   Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:41 pm

Bc he could see himself winning vs Edison, not so much vs BU-TE!
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October   Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:41 pm

I still want to see Pavlik vs Andrade

HBO, make that double header

Pavlik vs Andrade
Brinkley vs Bute
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October   Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 9:10 pm

I want Andrade to move up to Light Heavyweight and take on The Shark, that would sell out in Qubec or Montreal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October   Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October Empty

Back to top Go down

Lucian Bute's next fight to be in September or October
Page 1 of 1