Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What fights do you think would turn out great.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

What fights do you think would turn out great. Empty
PostSubject: What fights do you think would turn out great.   What fights do you think would turn out great. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 5:16 pm

I would love to see Katsidis vs Maidana. I think that would be a war.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What fights do you think would turn out great.   What fights do you think would turn out great. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 5:34 pm

anything with Katsidias is good, I have been lucky, the guy has fought in texas a couple times and i always make it out when he does,

I think Paul Williams vs Kelly Pavlik would be fun but we know taht will never happen

Floyd vs Pac obviously will be a great fight IMO

Cunningham vs Adamek rematch

Bradley vs Alexander as well
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: What fights do you think would turn out great.   What fights do you think would turn out great. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:15 pm

Floyd vs. Pac. Nuff said.

Travis Cloud vs. Glen Johnson: I think my guy Glen knows he's being picked as a stepping stone to the big time for Cloud. If Cloud fights him from the beginning, I think Glen has an excellent chance. I see no signs of a shot fighter from him. Even if Cloud beats him to the punch, Johnson doesn't mind taking a few to give a few and knows how to put it on the line. (Force the other guy into a do or die brawl.) I've been wanting to see Glen in a slugfist for some time now. In August, it looks like I'll get my wish.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: What fights do you think would turn out great.   What fights do you think would turn out great. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:01 pm

Cloud vs Johnson is a fight I look forward to. Johnson's balance has slipped a little bit(he sometimes gets out of whack after throwing the right hand-a common occurrence for older fighters), but I am not sure Cloud is going to be able to take advantage of that. Johnson will take him into the deep waters and we will see what Cloud is really made of.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: What fights do you think would turn out great.   What fights do you think would turn out great. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:06 pm

I'd love to see Maidana vs. Khan. Can Maidana get to Khan before Khan knocks him out. Very simple fight.

Bradley vs. Alexander-I'd like to see that fight, but it might turn out to be ugly. Why??? You have Bradley vs a southpaw. Neither will be able to land a jab and when Bradley gets in close there comes the ginormous dome. I predict a cut over Alexander's eye from a headbutt in the first 3-4 rounds (which taints an otherwise great matchup).

Floyd vs. Martinez- That is an interesting fight. Martinez is a natural 154 pounder. Fought there forever. He has handspeed that is pretty good. Footspeed which is very good (better than Floyd at this point in terms of feet). Floyd probably prevails but it would be a good close fight.

Wlad vs Vitali-I would love to see that fight. Never will happen, but it would be a heavyweight fight worth watching if it did. Heck, at the rate Haye is going, it looks more likely for Wlad and Vitali to face each other than get Mr. 12 punches a round into the ring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What fights do you think would turn out great.   What fights do you think would turn out great. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:34 pm

Caballero v. JuanMa - I don't think they like each other...a lot of punches will get thrown.

Ortiz v. Katsidis (if Katsidis gets by JMM/Diaz) - This fight would determine if Ortiz is damaged goods and if Katsidis can compete at 140.

Kahn v. Alexander - Two lightning fast, skilled boxers. One with a questionable chin and the other who sticks his chin out too much. It would end in a KO.

Bailey v. Berto - Bailey matches up real well for this fight. Either way it ends in a brutal stoppage.

Angulo v. Margo

Dzinziruk v. Williams - Steady, strong, technically sound fighter vs. a wild, rangy, high volume fighter.

All of the Super 6 fights...

Haye v. Adamek - Two former greats at 205 head to head. Both can punch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What fights do you think would turn out great.   What fights do you think would turn out great. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:01 pm

captainanddew wrote:
I'd love to see Maidana vs. Khan. Can Maidana get to Khan before Khan knocks him out. Very simple fight.

Bradley vs. Alexander-I'd like to see that fight, but it might turn out to be ugly. Why??? You have Bradley vs a southpaw. Neither will be able to land a jab and when Bradley gets in close there comes the ginormous dome. I predict a cut over Alexander's eye from a headbutt in the first 3-4 rounds (which taints an otherwise great matchup).

Floyd vs. Martinez- That is an interesting fight. Martinez is a natural 154 pounder. Fought there forever. He has handspeed that is pretty good. Footspeed which is very good (better than Floyd at this point in terms of feet). Floyd probably prevails but it would be a good close fight.

Wlad vs Vitali-I would love to see that fight. Never will happen, but it would be a heavyweight fight worth watching if it did. Heck, at the rate Haye is going, it looks more likely for Wlad and Vitali to face each other than get Mr. 12 punches a round into the ring.
Nice idea on the Klits. I think Vitali would take him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What fights do you think would turn out great.   What fights do you think would turn out great. Empty

Back to top Go down

What fights do you think would turn out great.
Page 1 of 1