Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made

Go down 
+8
Birdofthad
NBrooks5
NJBeatdown86
Diego408
gomez1012
Canvas
freddie1437
dbudge87
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made   Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:33 am

NJBeatdown86 wrote:
Casa looked bad in his "comeback" fight, he barely squeaked out the decision. Easy pay day for Khan, my guess is that he'll maybe get one of the other "Big 4" next year, take a fight against Kat or Murray in the late fall/winter.

Casa is just a keep busy fight, he'll be facing Maidana in the fall on HBO BAD.
Back to top Go down
dbudge87
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made   Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:43 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
I watched Murray's last fight and I wasn't blown away, he'd be better facing Mitchell.
i really think that making 135lb is becoming a bigger and bigger problem for Murray as each fight passes. Hennessy has done an absolutely disgraceful job of promoting his fighters, i can't see why anybody has signed with him. I think a Murray Katsidis fight is being discussed and this would work good for Murray as a win over Katsidis would catault him to big fights around 140lb. It would also be a toe to toe war, Murray is a much better fighter than Mitchell, just promoted by the Muffin Man so he don't get his shots
Back to top Go down
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

PostSubject: Re: Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made   Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Well this is disappointing. Can't blame Khan but why have they gotten Casamayor? Get someone whos a threat at least. Well I guess Casamayor's got a puncher's chance but thats about it at this stage.
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, JMM, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez

PostSubject: Re: Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made   Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:07 pm

Can't knock on Khan for this guys, they wanted Katsidis, but he demands more money than Casa. I am okay with this as long as the next fight is against a top 140 lber. Maidana, Bradley or Alexander would work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made   Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:22 pm

freddie1437 wrote:
Can't knock on Khan for this guys, they wanted Katsidis, but he demands more money than Casa. I am okay with this as long as the next fight is against a top 140 lber. Maidana, Bradley or Alexander would work.

cheers
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made   Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:14 pm

katsidis. Pick on a smaller guy who fights at 135 when you are rather big for 140.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made   Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 6:36 am

captainanddew wrote:
katsidis. Pick on a smaller guy who fights at 135 when you are rather big for 140.

He's not that big, it was only three fights ago that Khan was a Lightweight. Katsidis was offered the fight but demanded more money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made   Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:10 am

" The name of the game is to build up talent. If every fight was an even one, you'd kill your talent and attractions."

Don Chargin
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made   Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:16 pm

So now looks like its down to Murray or Katsidis?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made   Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joel Casamayor vs Amir Khan close to being made
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2