Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver

Go down 
+5
GolbeZ
Wolfgangsta
Deezy0814
NJBeatdown86
Birdofthad
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver Empty
PostSubject: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyMon May 31, 2010 4:43 am

1. Phantom Menace - the mother of all fuck ups, George Lucas makes the fanboys wait what 30 years? and we get Jar Jar Binks and the kid from Jingle All the Way is fucking Darth Vader? Darth Maul was the only cook part and he is in the movie for like 10 minutes. 5 of those minutes are the only watchable part of the movie. Number 1 spot for the most annoying line in all ov movie history. "YIPPIIIIEEE"

2. CaddyShack 2 - Hard to imagine there was hype for this piece of shit god awful movie. No wonder most of the original cast so no way to the sequel. One of the worst movies ever made.

3. Beverly Hills Cop 3 - How did they ruin the Axel Foley franchise? Watch this movie to find out.

4. Batman and Robin - killed the original Batman series Tim Burton started and had Arnold in ultra cheese mode. Remember watching this movie as a kid in the theater and thinking, man this sucks. Sorry George Clooney, your easily the worst Batman ever. Now go bang your model.

5. Rocky 5 - Rocky 4 is where the series jumps the shark IMO. But hey we all still love watching Rocky beat Russia single handedly so we went to go see Rocky 5, and couldnt believe our fucking eyes. I honestly dont think its as bad as it gets railed for, but its easily the worst in the series.

Honorable mention : Jaws 3, any Saw after 2, and Pirates of the Carribean 3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyMon May 31, 2010 5:00 am

Death Proof
Daredevil
Chronicles of Riddick
Spiderman 3
Fantastic Four
Indiana Jones and The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyMon May 31, 2010 5:04 am

damn all good adds Ali

I still havent seen INdiana Jones cause it looked to retarded for me,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyMon May 31, 2010 5:07 am

Birdofthad wrote:
damn all good adds Ali

To be fair it's not as bad as everyone says, but it was such a let down because I adored the trilogy. It was Shia swinging with monkey's that totally ruined it, along with George Lucas making Indy get involved with Aliens.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyMon May 31, 2010 5:13 am

wow Indy and Aliens, sounds bad

Shia was one of the main reasons i didnt want to see it

i dont want fucking even stevens with Indy that move just sucked
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:03 pm

Grindhouse- Should have been a sloppy "good times" movie, not another CGI crapfest. Death Proof was proof that the "Tarantino dialouge" does not work with women.

Indiana Jones and the stupid crystal shit- I left when the alien comes at the end.

The Village- stupid, stupid, stupid
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:07 pm

FRIDAY THE 13TH (The New One) that movie fucking sucked
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:28 pm

The Village was awesome. Did you see the plot shift coming, because I missed it until they dropped it. Very cool, except I felt dumb for not seeing it coming.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:32 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
1. Phantom Menace

Darth Maul is one of the best characters Lucas has ever made. The content of the movie was there, but you are right, they chose an awful kid actor and jar jar needed a lot of work.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:54 pm

Darth Maul was a fucking pimp. Despite knowing the whole story I was rooting for him to kill every Jedi in existence
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:52 am

GolbeZ wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
1. Phantom Menace

Darth Maul is one of the best characters Lucas has ever made. The content of the movie was there, but you are right, they chose an awful kid actor and jar jar needed a lot of work.
look how bad they failed in that one

Darth Maul was the shit

10 minutes of screen time
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 1:03 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
damn all good adds Ali

To be fair it's not as bad as everyone says, but it was such a let down because I adored the trilogy. It was Shia swinging with monkey's that totally ruined it, along with George Lucas making Indy get involved with Aliens.

That's the thing with adding to some of the greatest movie franchises ever 20+ years later (Indiana Jones, Star Wars). You can't reinvent or recreate the impact and greatness those films had back in their day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 1:06 am

I suggest anyone who has not already done so watch the Red Letter Media Phantom Menace review. It's like you think you think Phantom Menace is bad, but you have no idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:06 am

Indiana Jones and The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull is probably one of the worst movies ever made that had a big budget.

I'm am a huge Indiana Jones fan and I was literally disgusted.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:23 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
I suggest anyone who has not already done so watch the Red Letter Media Phantom Menace review. It's like you think you think Phantom Menace is bad, but you have no idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

I watched about 2 minutes of that and I couldn't continue. Had nothing to do with content (I like to hear everyone's opinions and critiques) but had everything to do with his act of being stupid (I get it, someone stupid could make the movie better) and his attempt at being funny during it. I am sure the video will have some good points but I just couldn't bare through that.

I am a big fan of the originals but also of I and II.

Here are my thoughts on Phantom Menace. The content was there, but the problems arose from the casting of Anakin and the creation of Gungan's (Jar Jar Binks). The child actor they found was god awful, every line he spit out was pitiful. That kids parents had to have some serious connections. Not only did they pick the wrong child, but I think they chose the wrong age. Anakin should have been a teenager. This would have given much more time for anger and fear to be apart of him and it would give much more appreciation/reminiscent of Luke's evolution to a Jedi. Anakin being older would also make the part of Padme and Anakin seem more likely. And I wish they didnt play the whole "there wasn't a father angle"

Yes Jar Jar Binks was not a good addition to the movie, but I think they should have just had a different race than the Gungans in general.

Oh and I also would have never let Samuel L Jackson ever get close to a Star Wars film.

If these things were changed the movie would have be a BAMF, but you have to take it for what it is.

Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, and Natalie Portman did do a really good I felt. Darth Maul was one of the best characters Lucas has made, and was a shame he had to kill him off. I would have said fuck Count Dooku and let Maul play that part. That fight scene between Maul and Obi wan + Qui-Gon was amazing. I even enjoyed the Pod Racing.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:30 am

I own this, kind of a Star Wars closet nerd and was Maul for Halloween before
Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver 31xxxFZM8EL._SS400_
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:32 am

The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:34 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I own this, kind of a Star Wars closet nerd and was Maul for Halloween before
Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver 31xxxFZM8EL._SS400_

I am a pretty big Star Wars fan.

dude that whole last fight was awesome. Like when the sliding doors and he was just standing there. "We'll handle this".. and when he first busted out that double sided lightsaber I almost shit my pants. (Maul didn't use both sides when they first fought in tatooine)

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:46 am

Hell yeah it was, that was when you first knew he has the double light saber, it was like what??? I was pissed when Qui Gon died, but the scene was tight.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:52 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Hell yeah it was, that was when you first knew he has the double light saber, it was like what??? I was pissed when Qui Gon died, but the scene was tight.

I was pissed the Darth Maul died..

Did you ever play Knight of the Old Republic?
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:56 am

er.. sorry I am getting Off topic.

Jurassic Park II sucked
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:59 am

Yes sir, my buddy had it I'm pretty sure, was there a part where you could go 1 on 1 aside from the roleplay?

Def gonna get The Old Republic
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:11 am

Any recent MMA movie
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:15 am

I thought the 3rd Jurassic Park was the one that sucked

Maul fight was the only watchable part in Phantom, too bad Obi didnt use his Jedi run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3dI-ghYimg

anyone else notice Qui GOn Jinn was a fucking tard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z29OVZLbZk&NR=1
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:18 am

I like it. The humor is smart, if all of his points were just told, blah. Two minutes tells you nothing but what you already have known you know, nothing else. I have yet to read or watch a more intelligent, concise and logical analysis and review of the prequels in the past ten or so years. Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones killed a part of me on the inside.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver   Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies That Totally Failed to Deliver
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next