Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anderson's failed logic

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Anderson's failed logic Empty
PostSubject: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:44 pm

"GSP is the best fight (for me) in this sport," Silva told ESPN LA 710AM. "It would be a great, great, great fight. He is a good guy. Maybe one day, this is a good fight."

Silva would not, however, entertain taking on the man tipped to take over his throne as the sport's No. 1 pound-for-pounder, Jon Jones.

"I saw the first time that Jon Jones fought. I talked to JJ for 3-4 days when we stayed together. I told him, 'You're the best, you focus on training, you have more and more fights a year, but you don't have opening (opponents).'

"The fight between me and JJ is no good, he is a different [weight] class. In my camp we have Minotoro Noguiera and Lyoto Machida."

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/385340/Anderson-Silva-GSP-is-the-best-fight-for-me-in-MMA/

---

GSP fights at 170 and last I checked that isn't 185.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:45 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:47 pm

There's a reason Silva isn't going to face Jones.........Anderson is his father.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:47 pm

I think what he was saying is that he has teammates at LHW, so he doesn't want to challenge for a title in that weight class. I think he is just saying that he wouldn't disrespect his teammates by fighting in their weight class.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:48 pm

But GSP could use that same logic to not fight Spider.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:50 pm

OU wrote:
I think what he was saying is that he has teammates at LHW, so he doesn't want to challenge for a title in that weight class. I think he is just saying that he wouldn't disrespect his teammates by fighting in their weight class.

+1
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:55 pm

OU wrote:

Well what about Luis Ramos? He's a UFC WW!!!!!! Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:58 pm

Are you sure he wasn't cut after getting put down in his only UFC fight? I think he was only on the card because it was in Brazil.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:18 pm

OU wrote:
Are you sure he wasn't cut after getting put down in his only UFC fight? I think he was only on the card because it was in Brazil.

Probably so, but just trying to prove a point.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:19 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:

When he gets into "the mix", you can make your point.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:21 pm

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:

Anderson is still full of shit and ducking Sonnen and Jones and asking for smaller fighters who will still kick his ass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:22 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:

Anderson is still full of shit and ducking Sonnen and Jones and asking for smaller fighters who will still kick his ass.

How can Silva be ducking someone he's already fought and beat, and is facing him again in the summer ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:26 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:

How exactly is he ducking Sonnen? Last time I checked Dana said that rematch was a go...
I must of also missed the memo where Champions are forced to fight the Champions from the weight class above them.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:26 pm

Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:

How can Silva be ducking someone he's already fought and beat, and is facing him again in the summer ?

He's turned down the sonnen fight multiple times. Dana is forcing him to fight/making it worth his time. Even when he was scheduled to fight Sonnen before his manager and co kept looking for ways out and talking about how he isn't worthy.

Last edited by Farmer1906 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:29 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:

Sonnen's turned down the fight multiple times. Dana is forcing him to fight/making it worth his time. Even when he was scheduled to fight Sonnen before his manager and co kept looking for ways out and talking about how he isn't worthy.

lol! Very Happy Smile Laughing cheers Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:29 pm

Fans and haters are just LOL sometimes. I'm a Spider hater but you crackas crazy.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:10 pm

No deal. He just anticipates GSP's eventual move to 185 which most of us have for awhile, and intends to stay at his own weight class. Jones would require moving up a weight while GSP will eventually move to 185.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:12 pm

GSP wasn't going to MW before the injury, he damn sure won't be going after the injury. Which is for the best. Whether you guys realize it or not.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:20 pm

I agree. It is for the best because Spider would bust his ass.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:23 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I agree. It is for the best because Spider would bust his ass.
I agree with that. But then again, it's not his job to beat the best MW in the World.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:28 pm

nor is it Anderson's job to beat the best LHW

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:38 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
nor is it Anderson's job to beat the best LHW

Also correct. Which is why any claims of "ducking" a fighter not in your weight class is pure LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 7:19 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 7:44 pm

Chael is on FUELTV right now saying that he has not been offered the fight... lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:44 am

killerofchicken wrote:
Chael is on FUELTV right now saying that he has not been offered the fight... lol
He has been saying that all week. I think the date and venue are still up in the air right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson's failed logic   Anderson's failed logic Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson's failed logic
Page 1 of 1