Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tonights Bellator

Go down 
+5
Cu Bu
KingsOwn19
captain organic
Wolfgangsta
Birdofthad
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Aaron Rosa (12-3) vs Robert Vilegas (7-2) will be a great Texas hate match.

Bryan Baker vs Eric Schambari rematch will be on as well.

Alexander "Spinning Man" Schlemenko returns against Jared Hess

Eddie Sanchez is fighting as well against Marcus Sursa

should be extremely entertaining night of fights
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:23 pm

I think the semis of the MW tournament is overall the most stacked in terms of pure talent of any tournament this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:27 pm

IDK your probably right, but the tourney with Huerta, Curran, and the one with Askren, Hornbuckle is impressive
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:56 pm

SPOILER

wooahh never seen that before they stood Schlemenko and Hess up and Hess' knee was totally dislocated never seen that before he couldnt stand when they went for the stand up he couldnt stand at all
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:01 pm

uhh hihs knee got fucked when he went down nastyness
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:02 pm

props to hess he fought through it and tried to keep going when the fight was stopped
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:17 pm

Wow Baker made that look easy
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:17 pm

hahha never seen someone tap with slaps to the face hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:23 pm

Eddie Sanchez was in a great fight and they say he is in the Heavyweight tournament, they announce a female 115 pound tournament, wow great idea

Rosie Sexton, Jessica benning, lisa ward sounds great

talk about Alvarez vs Milendez
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:23 pm

they say scott coker isnt answering or returning phone calls uh oh
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:00 am

Birdofthad wrote:
they say scott coker isnt answering or returning phone calls uh oh

yeah whats up with that? Calling for the last 9 days, 2 times a day, and they can't get in touch with him? weak.

Love the interviews with Rebney.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:04 am

Birdofthad wrote:
Wow Baker made that look easy

2 for 2 in the easy department for Baker. At 24 a very good looking prospect. A little stiff standing, but I think one way or another he beats Shlemenko.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:04 am

Brutal. I was like "whats the big deal" and then that was probably the most brutal knee dislocation i've seen in the sport.

It's a shame that it ended like that but even though Hess was ahead of the scorecards, the right guy won. I'm tired of watching wet blanket after wet blankiet go in there with zero interest in finishing the fight. Not that i dislike wrestlers, a lot of wrestlers attempt to finish the fight like somebody like Ben Askren has a submission game, other gave GnP...i hate the guys that just "get position".

The russian was the more impressive fighter through the first couple rounds...he did the only damage in the stand up, and he was the closest to finishing the fight on the ground on a few ocassions despite the flawed perception that the wrestler was dominating the fight. I don't consider Hess sitting in somebody's guard an advantage position, especally if he's not landing effective strikes. This is something that needs to be changed in american judging....like the Neer-Pellegrino fight. When they wrestlers are just sitting in somebody's guard and not inflicting any damage, then you have to realize that the guard is an advantage position in jiu jitsu and the guy working and threatening from the bottom while the guy inside the guard is just point grubbing...you need to score the second round for the russian.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:32 am

well thought out assessment Kings, captain I think Schlemenko vs baker will be a great fight, IDK who to pick, will go wilth Baker but think its a close 50-50 fight.

Askren vs Hornbuckle will be a great fight as well and so will Curran vs Imada, love Bellator, this has been a graet tournament,

man your right that knee injury was fucking nasty his shit was tore up
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:38 am

ha the knee poppped when he tightened up from the ko that the ref didnt see and woke back up to survive on his back untill the russian stood up out of his guard.

NASTY
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:50 am

Cu Bua wrote:
ha the knee poppped when he tightened up from the ko that the ref didnt see and woke back up to survive on his back untill the russian stood up out of his guard.

NASTY

agree when watching it in real time I was like oh shit the knee knocked him out, then we saw what happened, owwie
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri May 28, 2010 1:00 am

The tide will turn against Strikeforce if Bellator becomes a third option apart from the UFC for fans to watch talented fighters compete domestically. Their reputation will be especially damaged if they duck fights by not returning calls. What kind of busch league shit is that anyway? Strikeforce has done a good job up until now, but to hear they haven't returned a phone call to the Bellator CEO in weeks is shockingly anti-social.

LA should be having a feild day on this.

Also, it goes unnoticed but Bellator is easily the best produced MMA show out there not ran by Zuffa. The camera work, ring announcer, cut scenes and overall presentation is comparable to the UFC's level. The announcers, while perhaps a little bland and similar to eachother, don't make many mistakes and call the fights very well.

Bellator is the best thing going on in MMA outside the UFC right now by a long shot.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri May 28, 2010 1:03 am

agree wolf , IMO StrikeForce needs to try to merge with them and send some of their fighters to the TOurney, have Milendez fight Alvarez,

Bellator is great I jsut get the feeling they dont have the same kind of money StrikeForce does, but man Bellator gets the best bang for their buck of any MMA organization right know IMO. They literally have not had a bad night this season
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri May 28, 2010 1:04 am

That knee did knock him out. That is why he landed on it like that. Remember when Gonzaga kicked Crocop in the head? Imagine if Crocop instead of almost dying picked an ankle and survived for a little bit.

I think another ref might have stopped the fight after Hess took the knee. I think he was out.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri May 28, 2010 1:05 am

I think he was out as well, pretty amazing Hess survived that long on that knee , true warrior
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri May 28, 2010 1:19 am

Credit Schlemenko with the submission attempts, and especially for that knee. I saw him try to time it on the takedown attempt twice before in the fight, and one time earlier in the round. He had a game plan and stuck with it until it payed off. He is more well rounded than he lets on. While his wrestling sucks his defensive guard and submission game is pretty good. He possesses effective anti-wrestling artillery.

Baker has the edge in explosive athleticism in addition to wrestling skills on paper and will probably be favored going into the finals, but Schlemenko has all the tools to end this fight in multiple ways.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri May 28, 2010 1:27 am

Yeah, i was surprised to hear that Coker is ducking the phone calls....hopefully there is a good reason for that.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri May 28, 2010 3:51 am

Interestingly, when Bigs made a poll on our FBB page about best Org outside the UFC, Bellator won fairly easily, I was one of I believe two votes for SF, but my vote was based off their superior roster and nothing else. No doubt Bellator has IMO a better run organization and I agree Wolfy, much better production on their events. In an ideal World, the UFC buysout Bellator, but leaves the tournament format as is, and uses it in a way to replace TUF, or makes TUF what it currently is.

On not picking up the calls, IDK what Scott is thinking, maybe he doesn't want some of his Champs potentially losing to guys from a smaller Org.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:24 am

I might be going to Bellator 22 headlined by Ben Askren vs Dan Hornbuckle in Kansas City.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:08 am

Tonights Bellator Hess-knee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator Empty

Back to top Go down

Tonights Bellator
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next