Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tonights Bellator

Go down 
+3
killerofchicken
captain organic
Birdofthad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:47 pm

any one got a link?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:01 pm

no directv?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:35 pm

no telelvision period sadly
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:39 pm

I want to see the Lombard fight!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:42 pm

watched it here already.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:47 pm

did Fuji impress?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:58 am

She snatched an arm early in round two. Her opponent was green but game. She was 3-0 but a four time all American college wrestler and her sprawl ability was evident.

Lombard destroyed Goodman in 38 seconds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:06 am

just caught the fights Fuji dominates, Lombard via murder

YVES EDWARDS WINS!!!!! wooh

Eddie Sanchez gets KTFO
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:54 pm

Lombard is easily top ten. He has that Aldo-Factor to his striking. He'd make Leben look like Anderson Silva made him look like. I think he should be fighting Silva in the UFC ASAP. The UFC needs to get him badly.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:51 pm

Slow it down there, Wolf. He's beating scrubs right now, guys who would be lucky to be top 30 in the division and all of a sudden he'd wreck a perrenial slugger? Personally that could look like Jorge Rivera all over again if Leben survives the initial blast(which history tells us most likely he can unless Lombard is Anderson Silva accurate which he isn't).
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:18 pm

Goodman and Silva aint his first rodeo there Ludo. His only losses are to Gono and Mousasi back in Pride four years ago.

Again, he has the Aldo-Factor in his strikes. His hands are blindingly fast and powerful as a knockout artist, yet he comes from a Judo and BJJ background and is a blackbelt in both. He in many ways is a MW version of Jose Aldo. It's not always who you beat, but how you beat them. He isn't beating scrubs, he is murdering them. Before Mike Brown, Jose Aldo had never fought a well ranked fighter. Jared Hess is a great fighter in his own right who would do just fine in the MW division in the UFC. He had nothing for Lombard.

Chris Leben's slow headhunting style would play right into Lombard's game. The fight would be a fast and brutal knockout of the Crippler. Chris Leben took Jay Silva to a decision, Lombard killed him in six seconds a fight later.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:34 pm

I agree it's how he's winning and I'm not saying Lombard isn't impressive. I'm saying there is no way to know for sure that he'd go on and immediately destroy one of the toughest strikers in the history of the Middleweight division given only the information we have. Not to mention Gono fights at 155lbs doesn't he? I'm not taking anything away from Lombard, why don't we just see what happens before we start calling him a world beater who isn't fighting anyone of note with any kind of consistency.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:54 pm

Gono fought at MW and WW during his Pride and UFC runs. Lombard is one of the best MW's in the world. He'd have a good shot at the title in Strikeforce or the UFC.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 6:32 pm

Lombard sure lit that guy up.

Goodman and Silva are C level talents, but both have fought pretty good guys and not been lit up in a combined 46 seconds in devastating fashion. Goodman actually has a couple solid wins on his resume. Count me on the Shango War Wagon. Can't wait for Lombard/Shlemenko.

Neil Grove looked pretty good.

Fujii is probably the best post fight interview in the sport.

I fell asleep during Edwards fight. BFC didnt air until 1am for me and i had to be up by 5am to go to work, so i'll have to go back on my DVR and watch it.

Another sick showing from Bellator. Next weeks card looks even better.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 6:35 pm

Watched it today. Fell asleep during the Fujii fight last night

Looking forward to Lombard getting out of Bellator in the near future and moving on to bigger things

2 decent women's fights. Looking forward to that nut Fausto fighting next week
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 6:53 pm

I have Lombard top 10. His opponents have not been worldclass, but Hess is a very good wrestler who has only lost to Lombard and shlemenko(injury) in 12 fights. Lombard was able to nullify Hess's ground game and finished a bloodied Hess in the 4th. so that showed that Lombard can deal with a devent level of Wrestler and go deep into a fight and still finish, nice attributes for a devastating puncher. combine that with anihaliting a fit and ready former NFLer, and a former UFC guy, to total out a 26-2-1 record, and I just don't see how one can't be impressed.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:00 pm

and just a little MMA math 4 ya. Lombard pounded out UFC Vet Kalib Starnes 1:55 into the 1st, sub via punches. starnes of coarse beat Leben by unamimous decesion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tonights Bellator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonights Bellator   Tonights Bellator Empty

Back to top Go down

Tonights Bellator
Page 1 of 1