Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.

Go down 
+4
Birdofthad
captain organic
OU
Wolfgangsta
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. Empty
PostSubject: Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.   Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 4:42 pm

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2010/0527/528665/ufc-114-jackson-vs-evans/

Quote :

Wherever Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Rashad Evans go, tension and a lot of smack talk is sure to follow. A recent media conference call promoting their UFC 114 bout turned into one of the most contentious UFC media conference calls in recent memory.

Within minutes of the call, the two fighters were at each other's throats, with Rampage accusing Rashad of not "having fought anybody yet," and mocking Evans' losing the title in his first defense. Evans got a lot more personal, stating that Rampage puts up a front and acts like he's stupid because he's black.

"Well, he does his little Sambo thing, man... He does his little Sambo thing like he act like 'oh black-on-black crime', 'oh I'm stupid you can't use big words like that,' [referring to a comment Rampage made earlier in the call] like he don't know what the f--k is going on," said Evans, transcribed by Fighter's Only Magazine.

"Man, come on dude. I talked to this dude. This dude is pretty smart... he knows what's going on. But he just doing 'oh it's comedy' - well why perpetuate the stereotype that you're stupid? You ain't stupid... Why perpetuate the stereotype that you can't think, [that] you don't understand big words, you can't read. All of that stupid stuff man."

Rampage responded by accusing Evans of having no sense of humor, and then went on to call Evans "gay" for the tight vale tudo shorts he wears when fighting. Evans responded by saying that he would put "[my] balls in your mouth," opening Rampage up to responding, "Yeah, that would give you a hard-on!"

Evans faces Rampage in the main event of UFC 114: Rampage vs. Evans, which takes place this Saturday from the MGM Grand Garden Arena Las VegasRashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. Mag-glass_10x10, Nevada. As always, FightLine.com will provide live coverage of the event.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.   Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 4:43 pm

Whitey cannot weigh in on this subject. Unless you listen to rap music....right Wolf?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.   Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 4:46 pm

No, whitey can, B-Rads like you can't.Smile
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.   Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 4:47 pm

a solid shot by shad in this war of words, but then he let page drag him down with the gay critique. "i'm not gay but I will put my balls in your mouth" Sounds pretty gay to me.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.   Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 4:48 pm

I for one agree with what Rashad says, I also agree with King Mo when he says Rampage can't stand to see other black men in the spotlight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.   Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 4:49 pm

Yo I for one think other than the initial face off, Rashad has been pretty much having his way with Rampage in the war of words. On the TUF show I'd certainly give Rashad a smack advantage.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.   Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
No, whitey can, B-Rads like you can't.Smile

Don't be hatin' ha ha
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.   Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 4:59 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I for one agree with what Rashad says, I also agree with King Mo when he says Rampage can't stand to see other black men in the spotlight.

I don't know what the reasons are, but Page does seem to target black fighters specifically.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.   Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:01 pm

It is because he lost early on to Marvin Eastman
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.   Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:08 pm

ahahha oh man, what a stupid argument

I aint gay, Ima put my nuts on yo face
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.   Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:11 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

He was all over Kimbo's nuts on TUF though
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.   Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:30 pm

pfft, i accuse both of them in engaging in a completely staged feud conveniently between two bald black guys.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.   Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:32 pm

Kimbo was never a serious threat to his status as the biggest bestest baddest black fighter ever though, Rampage was taking Kimbo under his wing. King Mo, Rashad, these kind of guys make him nervous because they don't go around kissing Rampage's ass like Kimbo obviously would have, and because they're legitimate threats to his status. Watch him go after Bones next.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.   Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Anyone else think Rashad acts a bit fake?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.   Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:50 pm

They both do. Page is faker though through sheer slapstick zanyness.

Rampage has a black fighter version of Eminem's white-rapperitus. Remember how he fueded exclusively with all the most soft white ass crackaz around?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.   Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:53 pm

Rampage has been say since way back in Pride that he wants to be the only dominant black fighter, and not through subtle talk, he has said,"I want to be the only black great fighter" nothing new cause of his dislike for Evans or anything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.   Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:05 pm

LMAO watch Rampage's interview on the front page of ESPN.com

"I got a job to do. I'm coming to destroy him. But Rashad is going for dancing around and playing with his nipples and stuff like that"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.   Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes. Empty

Back to top Go down

Rashad Evans accuses Rampage of conforming to negative Black stereotypes.
Page 1 of 1